Refresh my mind would ya?

Lelouch Vi Britannia

Okay if I use your logic then that opens the door for any religion to be banned if it had radicals groups, Chritianity included.

Also not exaxtly true, ISIS does spread the word through means such as social media that comes with videos that showcase things such as these, which people can take seriously. You could also argue people can still meet those who follow Islam using the same methods (take Lelouch for example) and good luck banning all of them from the internet.

Anyway again sorry if this is crap. No caffeine yet so I'm not completely awake xp.

Thats like the geniuses who think they're so clever for saying "Ban White Men" because of mass shootings (completely ignoring black men's massive shooting statistics but that doesn't matter to the narrative). You can't ban from coming in those who live in your country, but that is no argument against banning those from outside the country. As for banning Christians from America... go ahead, put the case... but you'll find that unlike with Muslims there is little that can be used. Hey there was that Brit who tried to kill Trump I guess, thats a start.

Proof please. I'm trying to find an article that explain how it isn't due to business and not finding any.

https://sethfrantzman.com/2017/01/28/obamas-administration-made-the-muslim-ban-possible-and-the-media-wont-tell-you/

Here's the proof of Trump not banning folks from certain countries.......it's always about the almighty dollar!

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/trump-muslim-ban-excludes-countries-linked-businesses-article-1.2957956

X4EfkAB.png

Thats like the geniuses who think they're so clever for saying "Ban White Men" because of mass shootings (completely ignoring black men's massive shooting statistics but that doesn't matter to the narrative). You can't ban from coming in those who live in your country, but that is no argument against banning those from outside the country. As for banning Christians from America... go ahead, put the case... but you'll find that unlike with Muslims there is little that can be used. Hey there was that Brit who tried to kill Trump I guess, thats a start.

https://sethfrantzman.com/2017/01/28/obamas-administration-made-the-muslim-ban-possible-and-the-media-wont-tell-you/

Thanks for the link. And also yes it's no excuse. But does it fix anything or does it simply put a bandage on a broken arm?

Nerd To The Core

• 1 month later...

But that's just contradicting. Trump's move is (geopolitically speaking) stupid.

Trump's "ban" is stupid because it doesn't cover ANY of the major nationalities which have contributed to attacks on US soil and ultimately ticks off the nations who are on that list. While you can say Iran isn't a nation we are holding hands with anyway, what about Iraq? What about the nation who has contributed the most ground personnel in the recent battles against ISIS and is serving as a check against Iran's extending influence in the region? Keeping in mind, Iraq is predominately Shia, and every day that the US and Iraqi relations deteriorate, every day Iran has a chance to expand in the region. Before Bush, Iraq has historically been the cornerstone of American influence in the region, acting as a buffer state between Iran and Saudi Arabia and securing American interests. 

Furthermore, the ban broadcasts to the world that there is a "Christian West vs. Muslim East" mentality, which has been the sales pitch of every radical terror group. If memory serves, almost every successful terror attack on US soil since 9/11 has been homegrown, radicalized by propaganda online. The ban only feeds the propaganda machine. It also gives legitimacy to anti-American nations like Iran who oppose Western influence in the region, claiming the US and the West are Christian crusader aliens who want to destroy Islam. 

This is all just a short-sighted campaign stunt, so that he call tell his base he did something he promised. His ban will only contribute to the destabilization of the region and give terror groups more propaganda material for homegrown terrorists. He has the foresight of a goddamn pickle and you know it. 

http://www.salon.com/2017/03/03/dhs-report-undermines-president-trumps-travel-ban-most-foreign-born-terrorists-become-radicalized-in-the-u-s/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/dhs-report-casts-doubt-on-need-for-trump-travel-ban/2017/02/24/2a9992e4-fadc-11e6-9845-576c69081518_story.html?utm_term=.47bf14d5b542

DHS didn't need to tell you. I did, weeks before the reports came out. This is a no-brainer. Anyone with a shred of foreign-affairs background could have told you the same thing. 

It's a useful mental exercise. Through the years, many thinkers have been fascinated by it. But I don't enjoy playing. It was a game that was born during a brutal age when life counted for little. Everyone believed that some people were worth more than others. Kings. Pawns. I don't think that anyone is worth more than anyone else. Chess is just a game. Real people are not pieces. You can't assign more value to some of them and not others. Not to me. Not to anyone. People are not a thing that you can sacrifice. The lesson is, if anyone who looks on to the world as if it was a game of chess, deserves to lose.