Seven Kingdoms Declaration of War

Mikey

Seems legit, have fun warring you two. 

PvczX3n.jpg?1

“ Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination. â€

–The First Ideal of the Windrunners,

SK militarization:   67% soldiers, 42% tanks, 77% air

TEST militarization: 9% soldiers, 4% tanks, 15% air

Lol this is a fair point and I can't help but rep one of my favorite sketches. The risk though, and the implication on their part, wasn't so much immediate military action if we don't respond, but an attack after they finished building up to full power. At which point I'll admit that we would be in much more dire straights.

Archduke Tyrell, Lord of Highgarden, Lord Paramount of the Reach, Warden of the South, Breaker of Forums.

Gonna stick with this talking point? They reached peace after 2 days of fighting before we, polaris, nights watch and loarderon were going to blitz. I don't know why things were resolved to fast, I wasn't in those talks. But I don't think its unreasonable to expect allies who were caught unprepared to take a few days to militarize (I admit we were woefully unprepared for that) and then hit when they have the chance to actually change the impact of the war. In this case things were wrapped up almost immediately before that could happen.

8460c1872e.png

Its not literally a direct threat in the same way the typical "hate to see something happen to this place" isn't technically either. No its just, you know, we'll build back up from this in a bit. When that happens we'll want to start a new war. You'll be really popular as a target if you don't give this back. But if you do give it back I bet you wont be so popular. Its not exactly subtle in its implications.

I'm not, to be clear, offering any righteous indignation or moral anger over this. Its a lot of money to lose and its not unreasonable to want to try and get it back, even if it was legitimately raided. This is, after all, a game of politics. And so he chose a political gamble. Will be back down under the threat of force or not? Given the perception people have we were scared of them before, and given even a winning war stands to do more damage to us than what you asked for, its not unreasonable to think we might choose to surrender the resources. Maybe other alliances would. Maybe we would with other leaders or in other circumstances, though I doubt it. But it any case this time we chose not to. Now we either let your suggested course of events - wherein you recover from the papers war, look to start a new one, and choose the overwhelmingly popular SK option - take place, or we start that war now.

This is not a "good" fight. This is not a "fair" fight. We are not looking to demonstrate our military power or anything (how could this be so given the militarization disparities?) We're just speeding up the options you gave us so we can get it over with now rather than later.

Eh, yeah, a bit of a reach to take that as a threat because theres no way that would be a more popular idea in TEst than hitting Alpha for the 5000000000th time.

• Upvote 2

Prefontaine - Yesterday at 1:21 PM

So the war is ending tonight.

We've had several spats of raiding and counter raiding with the war going on.

My question is would you like to end that or have it continue?

Clover - Yesterday at 1:24 PM

well I mean it's not really doing either of us any good

we of course will end it if the raids stop

So you ended it hmm? Provide the full chat logs, please. We stopped and expected you to stop.

• Upvote 1

lmao what

I think we already all know this so I don't need to include the image, so thatsbait.gif

I made you an image for you to shitpost with

EmFMseD.png

Edited by Sargun

120209800_meirl2.png.0a9b257b4d3e0c1ac6d6b8be8184cba7.png

You didn't attack when Valyria needed you and ignored your obligations, but when TEst was undergoing different changes in members leaving and splinters, you guys jumped them very proudly.

If we had requested them to join they would have done so without a second of hesitation, and they made that fact very clear to us at the time. We decided as an alliance not to call them in. Absolutely ridiculous that people believe we were pleading and begging for help and SK refused. if they had betrayed us like that do you really think we would have merged into them?

Edited by Bluebear
  • Upvote 2

If we had requested them to join, they would have done so without a second of hesitation, and they made that fact very clear to us at the time. We decided as an alliance not to call them in. Absolutely ridiculous that people believe we were pleading and begging for help and SK refused. if they had betrayed us like that do you really think we would have merged into them?

I never said Valyria wanted SK to come, but rather they needed to do so, easy on the assumptions mate. You guys got rolled and humiliated. Polaris had taken out Arrgh and if SK had entered and warred TEst, along with updeclares from your allies, you guys had a good chance to actually turn it into something. You literally missed out on the chance to become a real potential 3rd sphere force due to SK being too scared back then and have ended up as a joke instead. 

• Upvote 1

I never said Valyria wanted SK to come, but rather they needed to do so, easy on the assumptions mate. You guys got rolled and humiliated. Polaris had taken out Arrgh and if SK had entered and warred TEst, along with updeclares from your allies, you guys had a good chance to actually turn it into something. You literally missed out on the chance to become a real potential 3rd sphere force due to SK being too scared back then and have ended up as a joke instead. 

Polaris had taken out Arrgh? Pretty sure you are confusing two situations there. And thanks for your interpretation of the situation, but we had quite a different one. Like Mikey said before, SK was not very militarized, and we came to the conclusion (accurate in my opinion) that calling them in to attack you guys would have resulted in their being rolled. Valyria undoubtedly would have taken more damage had we called them in, and we decided that it was foolish to make a decision that would result in more damage to us and our allies when in reality we wanted to make decisions that achieved the opposite.

"and if SK had entered and warred TEst, along with updeclares from your allies"

Who are these mysterious allies you speak of that would have joined SK and turned the tide against you?

Are we making another thread about Alpha? I'm in!

HELLO JAMES

"no"

Did I do that right?  That's my first time, so I'm not sure if I'm doing it right, mate.  But it kinda hurt to type that.

Also, stop liking his post......James......and Antifa.  :ph34r:

• Upvote 3

I don't really see this message as a threat as so much an inevitability, which Pre was pointing out. You steal 500 mil from someone and there's gonna be enough salt for a mother!@#$in snow storm. TEst is decently democratic and having a valid reason to attack someone makes it easy for the majority of members to want a bit of payback after being stomped so hard.

True warriors would have waited a few weeks so we could duke it out for real. As a former SK member, this disappoints me.

Good luck on the battlefield.

• Upvote 3

xqQnnps.gif

I am the storm, my lord. The first storm, and the last.

Polaris had taken out Arrgh? Pretty sure you are confusing two situations there. And thanks for your interpretation of the situation, but we had quite a different one. Like Mikey said before, SK was not very militarized, and we came to the conclusion (accurate in my opinion) that calling them in to attack you guys would have resulted in their being rolled. Valyria undoubtedly would have taken more damage had we called them in, and we decided that it was foolish to make a decision that would result in more damage to us and our allies when in reality we wanted to make decisions that achieved the opposite.

"and if SK had entered and warred TEst, along with updeclares from your allies"

Who are these mysterious allies you speak of that would have joined SK and turned the tide against you?

Ohh, right. I think Polaris came in a later war against Arrgh and took them out! Alpha one I think. They had a treaty with you too from what I remember (please correct if I'm wrong) so that establishes Polaris could have handled Arrgh. Rest, your Valyria, Polaris again, SK, Dragonstone, Night's Watch, WTF via ODP and Order of White Rose(who you protected and we originally hit) could have taken TEst out slowly. Majority of you were out of TEst range so really damage was already minimized in that sense. Valyria had eaten most of what it could, your big nations already lost their most expensive infra at the top and rest were out of range. 

So really, all you had to do was pick TEst nations off a few each time, and give it a swift death. The problem with this was SK would've taken considerable hitting at their upper tier, something they clearly were scared of. Other than that, you guys could've won. Some people in TEst I remember voiced such concerns even, but I told them that you guys neither have the guts or ability to make that happen. I would've loved to be proven wrong. Yet here we stand, with the doom of Valyira. :) 

All I'm saying is, when SK actually had a change at greatness, they slept through it. It's gone now. 

• Upvote 2