Seven Kingdoms Declaration of War

Mikey

Unfortunately val was not around to hand write our announcements (unreadable as it may be I find it a nice touch) so I scroll-ified it the digital way and posted.

Archduke Tyrell, Lord of Highgarden, Lord Paramount of the Reach, Warden of the South, Breaker of Forums.

"And so they went to war, not for glory or revenge, but for money"

Props to MOAR WAR

Edited by Lelouch Vi Britannia

IYT09l4.png

Ex-Archduke of Defence for BK

3 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

@Lelouch Vi Britannia - BK needs you, but they really don't deserve you.  Thanks for the dankness.

Neat

Edit

GO KILL EM

interesting timing tho

Hey, never let sound military strategy get in the way of a good war.

Edited by durmij
  • Upvote 1

...so SK declares on TEst right after the first two splinters break off, and during an econ period. As far as I know plans to attack you were never put into play and I for one basically forgot about SK once my splinter started.

So just what exactly are you trying to accomplish through this?

• Upvote 5

...so SK declares on TEst right after the first two splinters break off, and during an econ period. As far as I know plans to attack you were never put into play and I for one basically forgot about SK once my splinter started.

So just what exactly are you trying to accomplish through this?

to win, learn it sometime

• Upvote 1

o/fight :P 
good luck to both TEst and SK have fun :) 

aA9XUQZ.png                                                              

Not willing to save Valyria when they were getting rolled but will always jump in against a beaten TEst. Classy as always SK.

Gonna stick with this talking point? They reached peace after 2 days of fighting before we, polaris, nights watch and loarderon were going to blitz. I don't know why things were resolved to fast, I wasn't in those talks. But I don't think its unreasonable to expect allies who were caught unprepared to take a few days to militarize (I admit we were woefully unprepared for that) and then hit when they have the chance to actually change the impact of the war. In this case things were wrapped up almost immediately before that could happen.

This just smells fishy.  Im gonna need some logs before Ill believe TEst was planning on attacking someone besides Alpha.

8460c1872e.png

Its not literally a direct threat in the same way the typical "hate to see something happen to this place" isn't technically either. No its just, you know, we'll build back up from this in a bit. When that happens we'll want to start a new war. You'll be really popular as a target if you don't give this back. But if you do give it back I bet you wont be so popular. Its not exactly subtle in its implications.

I'm not, to be clear, offering any righteous indignation or moral anger over this. Its a lot of money to lose and its not unreasonable to want to try and get it back, even if it was legitimately raided. This is, after all, a game of politics. And so he chose a political gamble. Will be back down under the threat of force or not? Given the perception people have we were scared of them before, and given even a winning war stands to do more damage to us than what you asked for, its not unreasonable to think we might choose to surrender the resources. Maybe other alliances would. Maybe we would with other leaders or in other circumstances, though I doubt it. But it any case this time we chose not to. Now we either let your suggested course of events - wherein you recover from the papers war, look to start a new one, and choose the overwhelmingly popular SK option - take place, or we start that war now.

This is not a "good" fight. This is not a "fair" fight. We are not looking to demonstrate our military power or anything (how could this be so given the militarization disparities?) We're just speeding up the options you gave us so we can get it over with now rather than later.

• Upvote 4

Archduke Tyrell, Lord of Highgarden, Lord Paramount of the Reach, Warden of the South, Breaker of Forums.