Trump Enacts Five Year Lobbying Ban

Rozalia

Losers: "Trump will never touch Lobbyists you damn idiots, he is a rich man you know". 

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-ethics-idUSKBN15C0VX

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/trump-sets-year-lifetime-lobbying-ban-officials-45115600

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/trump-sets-5-year-lifetime-lobbying-ban-officials-n713631

*BTFO*

I do wonder how people who were so against Lobbyists will now spin the Lobbyists as poor victims of the monster Trump. Very smart business by Trump in my opinion and his tactics have been genius. His opponents only grow more and more discredited as he does exactly as he says he would. 

What do you guys think of Honest Donald?

• Upvote 1

Does this include Trump's lobbyists?

IIRC, it is a ban for new lobbyists. So if you were a senator, you couldn't jump out to the world of lobbying for 5 years. So, yes, that ban will include any lobbyists Trump hires from the point he signed that paper. 

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

Does this include Trump's lobbyists?

I do wonder why you felt you needed to ask this question. His cabinet is not exempt no. He said he would do this regarding lobbyists and he has, that was "drain the swamp". Please clap.

Why? Did he resign?

He should resign for doing his campaign promises? Upside down world you seem to live in. Oh and no, "people I don't like" is not synonymous with corrupt/criminal/so forth you're going for. Grow up.

Edited by Rozalia
  • Upvote 2

He should resign for doing his campaign promises? Upside down world you seem to live in. Oh and no, "people I don't like" is not synonymous with corrupt/criminal/so forth you're going for. Grow up.

No, Trump's done all that on his own. I'm eagerly awaiting impeachment proceedings. As many times as necessary.

GICjEwp.gif

No, Trump's done all that on his own. I'm eagerly awaiting impeachment proceedings. As many times as necessary.

Him merely being elected got people calling for impeachment. People such as you devalue the concept more and more and eventually people stop caring you'll find. 

• Upvote 2

Him merely being elected got people calling for impeachment. People such as you devalue the concept more and more and eventually people stop caring you'll find. 

If they can do it to Clinton for illegitimate reasons, I see no reason they can't with Trump for legitimate reasons. I was hoping for impeachment to begin the second he finished his oath.

GICjEwp.gif

If they can do it to Clinton for illegitimate reasons, I see no reason they can't with Trump for legitimate reasons. I was hoping for impeachment to begin the second he finished his oath.

Perjury and obstruction of justice are illegitimate reasons now, oh wait you think it was just because he shagged a gal he had power over.

How crazed are you to have wanted an impeachment the moment he finished his oath? The fact is this. You may not like it but Trump is doing exactly as he said he would (which you like the rest no doubt thought he was lying then too) and you can't impeach on that. In fact Trump has been softer than the stance he got elected on...

• Upvote 2

Perjury and obstruction of justice are illegitimate reasons now, oh wait you think it was just because he shagged a gal he had power over.

How crazed are you to have wanted an impeachment the moment he finished his oath? The fact is this. You may not like it but Trump is doing exactly as he said he would (which you like the rest no doubt thought he was lying then too) and you can't impeach on that. In fact Trump has been softer than the stance he got elected on...

I can impeach for any reason. He's also not doing what he promised because he's trying to do it all with Executive Orders that aren't going to make it past the judiciary.

GICjEwp.gif

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_populum

I can impeach for any reason.

He's also not doing what he promised

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Due_process

He's been in for two weeks. Rome wasn't built in a day.

• Upvote 1

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

I can impeach for any reason. He's also not doing what he promised because he's trying to do it all with Executive Orders that aren't going to make it past the judiciary.

They can make their decisions however they like; lets see them enforce it! Strongmen find ways to bulldoze past such things.

A leftwing pollster that got it hilariously wrong on the election? They matter somehow?

Is he going to ban the real underpinning of American politics and democracy, multi-million dollar donations?

Were he to have promised that and then didn't give it then that'd have been bad, but he didn't. Some in his camp have hoped for such things from what I've seen, appealing to others based on the fact that Trump got much less money than Clinton. At the same time though to Trump himself he likely doesn't see it as very important as it didn't matter to him. His opponent outspent him massively, nearly 2 to 1 in fact and then still lost (proving that whoever spends the most money doesn't always win no). The donor having control bit likely matters little too as he ain't controlled himself so why can't others simply not be I suppose.

Lobbyists generally just stop registering as lobbyists and don't go away when these kinds of things are put in place.

They are slippery fellows aren't they. Well Trump has made some progress so future guys can build on that, perhaps a Democrat? Lol, how they are now a Democrat is more likely to dismantle this then build on it.

• Upvote 1

They are slippery fellows aren't they. Well Trump has made some progress so future guys can build on that, perhaps a Democrat? Lol, how they are now a Democrat is more likely to dismantle this then build on it.

He's welcome to try, but lobbyists are usually better funded, more accomplished and more clever at dodging restrictions on them than most any other group in Washington. They could all become publicists overnight.

GICjEwp.gif