1/24/2017 - Spy Changes & No Alliance Tax on Gray Nations

Alex

lol I'm never switching back to black after a beige. Once you go black, you never go back... to black.

• Upvote 3

[22:37:51] <&Yosodog> Problem is, everyone is too busy deciding which top gun character they are that no decision has been made

BK in a nutshell

I'm not really liking the tax updates, active nations often end up in grey for awhile even if they're very active, simply due to the time limits of changing nation colours and war.

On the other hand, inactive nations that aren't grey are going to get fully taxed.

Why not make alliance taxes only apply to nations that were active in the last X amount of days?

• Upvote 2

Because this way you can intentionally remain Gray to avoid paying taxes. Another potential source of conflict in an alliance :P

mhmm best thing ever, really

Verin-ProjectDev2.png

Greetings Alex.

So am I safe in assuming that since the effectiveness of spies and espionage has been knocked down in the game (for reasons I sincerely fail to comprehend) that we can be expecting that the cost of maintaining and recruiting spies, will be knocked down in equal proportion?

And if I may, I would like to voice my concern regarding the "fortify" option. I do not mind the defensive option as such. However it's effectiveness is totally out of proportion to the onslaughts delivered. It is Tora Bora every time. And Tora Bora type of scenarios are the exemption - not the rule. I urge you to reconsider fortify. Getting 10 points for fortifying can not work and will remove the effectiveness of warfare.

Placing fortify at 6 might be reasonable. The argument for "fortify" was to encourage players to win wars, if memory serves me right. I believe it works opposite to the intended directions - guys just let wars time out. 

I do enjoy the game and I applaud your vision and entrepreneurship Alex. At the same time I fear that the above mentioned changes will in due course hinder or impede the versatility of the game. 

Respectfully, 

Dorcha

Edited by King Lochlann Dorcha

Really loving the spy changes Sheepy!

I think this places them in a good spot, where they can't be wiped out in a day, and you can still do some serious damage, but they aren't a must-use in wartime and aren't singlehandedly swinging wars.

Oh, also the tax changes are neat as well. :P 

• Upvote 1

"They say the secret to success is being at the right place at the right time. But since you never know when the right time is going to be, I figure the trick is to find the right place and just hang around!"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<Kastor> He left and my !@#$ nation is !@#$ed up. And the Finance guy refuses to help. He just writes his !@#$ plays.

<Kastor> And laughs and shit.

<Kastor> And gives out !@#$ huge loans to Arthur James, that !@#$ bastard.

So am I safe in assuming that since the effectiveness of spies and espionage has been knocked down in the game

• Sabotaging Enemy Units operations now have kill restrictions of between 1-5% of the enemy's units

If anything, the new changes help big alliances significantly but give smaller alliances a chance to at least fight back for a few hours, I'd guess.

• Administrators

Greetings Alex.

So am I safe in assuming that since the effectiveness of spies and espionage has been knocked down in the game (for reasons I sincerely fail to comprehend) that we can be expecting that the cost of maintaining and recruiting spies, will be knocked down in equal proportion?

You are wrong - this is a buff to all of the sabotage operations, with the exception of assassinating spies, which was overpowered. Previously, you could only destroy up to the capacity of a single military improvement (see: 3000 soldiers, 250 tanks, 18 aircraft, or 5 ships.) Now the upper cap is a random variable between 1-5% of the enemy's units (so much, much higher than the single military improvement cap for medium & large nations.)

The assassination nerf was implemented because it was overpowered previously. Even still, it is likely OP, but I am erring on the side of cautious and ensuring that you still can kill enemy spies at least.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

So if a nation has 60,000 soldiers I can kill between 600 and 3000 of them with my spies?

I don't see how that's better. I could guarantee I'd kill 3,000 with the old mechanic.

BTW if there are more updates in the pipe can you add Elective Monarchy to the list of Government types because that's what my nation is.

Edited by Marianna

So if a nation has 60,000 soldiers I can kill between 600 and 3000 of them with my spies?

I don't see how that's better. I could guarantee I'd kill 3,000 with the old mechanic.

Hmm but if you were to say have 600 planes, there's a chance of 30 of them being taken out if you get the max, which is definitely more than the max 18 in the last system. With that being said I'd like to see how this system works in action to say if I like it or not.

Nerd To The Core

You can either stay in gray to avoid taxes and piss off your alliance. Or get pissed at your alliance leaders for going gray to avoid taxes but force you to pay them. Either way your alliance bank is in jeopardy after this update and will now be placed on the list of endangered species.

Edit: Great update, love it.

Edited by Hooves
  • Upvote 1

Because this way you can intentionally remain Gray to avoid paying taxes. Another potential source of conflict in an alliance :P

I actually like this: if someone deliberately stays in gray, even after getting warned by the alliance, we can always boot and roll them. And if they're in my range, that's good news for me. :)

I actually like the spy changes. It will add another strategical feature, as far as coordination is concerned, to wars (especially alliance wars). I agree with Hidude that it benefits whoever has numbers on their side, but I like the change in itself.

Edited by Insert Name Here
  • Upvote 1

New CB:

Tax evasion

• Upvote 4

Psweet> pro-tip: don't listen to baronus if Prezyan disagrees with him

5:48 AM — +Eva-Beatrice sq**rts all over the walls

Eva-Beatrice> I'd let Sintiya conquer me anyday x)

10:56 PM — +Eva-Beatrice m*st*rb*tes in front of Prezyan

12:13 AM — +Eva-Beatrice has no one to !@#$ :(

Oh so this was intentional. Okay I was going to come point it out because then people in NPO who are top tier can save so much money. (not that they have a top tier anyway)

• Upvote 1

☾☆

Priest of Dio

º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ GOD EMPEROR DIO BRANDO¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ DIO BRANDO GOD EMPEROR¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

6m0xPQ1.gif

• Administrators

So if a gray nation gets beiged do they start paying taxes again?

Yes, that is correct. You could pay {insert alliance here} to Beige your inactives so that you can farm their revenue :P

• Upvote 3

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

why does sheepy hate ts so much?? this game is garbage

Really loving the spy changes Sheepy!

I think this places them in a good spot, where they can't be wiped out in a day, and you can still do some serious damage, but they aren't a must-use in wartime and aren't singlehandedly swinging wars.

smh

Edited by Katie
  • Upvote 1

dx8jLp8.gif

• Jax locked this topic