Natural Disasters

WISD0MTREE

Anyone get the ND DLC? I'm having fun screwing around with it. So far, I've had every disaster except a tsunami and the Chirpy-tornado thing. Will post pics of (destroyed) city tomorrow. 

• Upvote 1

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

I hate thunderstorms and wildfires. Trees can catch fire now. :(

(The building in the background is a forest fire watchtower. It gives you an early warning for forest fires, so they are easier to contain.)

euJtQ3i.jpg

There are a few new buildings. Here's the Disaster Response Unit. Any building destroyed in a disaster or burns down can be searched for survivors and made rebuildable automatically. No need to bulldoze buildings individually!

ShuFWw5.jpg

They added police, fire, medical, and rescue helicopters. Here's a rescue helicopter. For the most part, rescue and fire helicopters are for remote areas (forests) or areas where the road has been destroyed (b/c disasters destroy roads). Police helicopters just patrol random areas and reduce crime. Medic helicopters transport people to medical buildings. No idea how they are prioritized.

IhXcdsR.jpg

Fires spread. Fire protection is more important now.

zFwIzyn.jpg

Anyway, this is my lovely town. What could possibly go wrong?

2X2Bupj.jpg

It's not like a magnitude 6.7 earthquake could hit it or anything, right?

Tqt9ydo.jpg

TBH, the most devastating part is the line that forms. That costed more than all of the roads and parks combined. (I leveled the area for the road before taking the screenshot. It was WAY longer.)

zAi0udE.jpg

Report from the earthquake. Lots of casualties because I didn't have any shelters or earthquake sensors. The sensors are cheap, but the city wasn't big enough at the time.

(You can evacuate people into shelters and they are more likely to live. However, they don't pay taxes when in the shelter.)

q0yme1E.jpg

tl;dr - PI is committing tree genocide.

• Upvote 1

I love random disasters that cost me thousands of dollars. Kind of like this meteorite.

Pnzeuk6.jpg

Let's see where it's going to land... Shit.

JrX6K0p.jpg

At least we solved the bullying problem.

Yy88izB.jpg

Actually not a direct hit. That's a good sign, right?

qPYwb28.jpg

GTA and Cities Skylines must have merged with these car physics.

f0oq4pa.jpg

Puts any ISIS plots to shame.

lZEJbpW.jpg

Huuuuge crater. It's going to cost bigly.

abBqkAH.jpg

"Hey honey, I think we are going to be here a while. Let's put some money into the house."

"JIMMY'S SCHOOL JUST GOT HIT BY A METEORITE, OUR NEIGHBORS' HOUSES ARE ON FIRE OR DESTROYED, AND THERE IS A GIANT HOLE WHERE THE HIGHWAY SHOULD BE!"

"More counter space."

"Let's do it."

JcfQkuY.jpg

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Eh, I always hated the concept of natural disaster in city building game. Just my personal feeling, I feels that it's just some gimmick from Simcity series that every dev feels need to follow. But well, I can see the reason why people enjoys them, each for everyone or something like that.

indonesia.jpg

King Bilal the Great Mediocre

The Average monarch of Billonesia

Wikia page (if you're into roleplay things).

We Tvtropes now. (down the rabbit hole!)

Eh, I always hated the concept of natural disaster in city building game. Just my personal feeling, I feels that it's just some gimmick from Simcity series that every dev feels need to follow. But well, I can see the reason why people enjoys them, each for everyone or something like that.

I actually think disasters add to the games, provided there are ways to prepare for them. I didn't like the giant lizard or anything like that from SC, but events like tsunamis make it necessary to have little traffic between houses and shelters on high ground. (And shelters are an easy way to get industry to a higher level). IDK if that's just me, though.