The war, TEstical perspective.

Prefontaine

It's cool you bring the salt and all but, it was in fact 1:1 for nations with cities over 20, and 1:2 for nations with cities over 16. TEst also had first strike militarily after the war freeze (not counting the spy attacks). And you have no idea how to top tier fight played out.

First strike is only an advantage when the enemy doesn't know it's coming, and can be done at game update for unit rebuy that defenders don't get. Neither benefit was applicable.

scSqPGJ.gif

No one lied to you. You're just surprised that a coalition of like 10 alliances has different reasons for hitting you? t$ didn't hit you over Pantheon... if anyone else did, we were supposed to prevent it somehow? You'd have had to make an agreement with them as well... they are sovereign. The only other person who could reasonably hit you over Pantheon is TKR, and they had the spy as a reason to hit you. So dunno what you're talking about, really: you're all over the place.

And yes. The negativity started in the way you reacted to the spying. Which predates most of the rest of it. This entire post really just underscores my first point about the lack of respect from you personally. Anyone who has questions though can feel free to reach out.

Wow you are out of the loop.

scSqPGJ.gif

The only real question I have with the Pantheon cb, if they were so upset with being hit, why didn't they enter the war?

Either they really are that bigger pixel huggers or the Pantheon stuff is bs.

From what I've heard, Pantheon was only going to defend itself this war, aka if TEst hit them. They also had no real aggression towards TEst. Pantheon wasn't really mad at TEst for last war, and they chose to get attacked. I heard that Mensa thought it "owed" Pantheon or some sort for not calling in Syndisphere for Paperless and letting them hit Alpha/Fark to save Mensa during the Silent War.

tbh I'd rather just get a straight answer from the Syndisphere on what the CB is here. Because either they're defening Pantheon for the Silent war, so they're going against their word from the discussions last war, or they're hitting TEst because they were a "threat" to their sphere and they've been rolling several other spheres and will more than likely attack TC in a month or so when the NAP ends.

Or they were just bored, but that doesn't really explain the few rounds. There wasn't really a strategic reason for this war, unless they were planning on splitting up and wanted to make sure they didn't get attacked if that happened. But from conversations around with people, there are no such plans. So I'm not sure why this war even happened, especially when Pre was literally kissing up to you guys at all times and made it clear he was never going to attack you.

• Upvote 3

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

Members did...?

It's a coalition with tons of people with it. You can find a person saying anything, probably, somewhere.

My point is that he's tried to say there was a government-level agreement that was broken, and that is simply untrue.

https://politicsandwar.com/forums/index.php?/topic/18027-terminus-est-declaration-of-war/?p=302175

in all fairness this post comes from 'upper management' from your alliance. it's a bit self contradictory but the way i read it 'what test did was bad for tS's business. revenge is pantheon's call. but its also our call because it's our business'

the last line also clearly suggests this is about pantheon.

now also allow me to say that i have no knowledge of the behind the scenes talks but i think a 'member' saying this carries a lot less clout than someone from 'milcom'.

From what I've heard, Pantheon was only going to defend itself this war, aka if TEst hit them. They also had no real aggression towards TEst. Pantheon wasn't really mad at TEst for last war, and they chose to get attacked. I heard that Mensa thought it "owed" Pantheon or some sort for not calling in Syndisphere for Paperless and letting them hit Alpha/Fark to save Mensa during the Silent War.

tbh I'd rather just get a straight answer from the Syndisphere on what the CB is here. Because either they're defening Pantheon for the Silent war, so they're going against their word from the discussions last war, or they're hitting TEst because they were a "threat" to their sphere and they've been rolling several other spheres and will more than likely attack TC in a month or so when the NAP ends.

Or they were just bored, but that doesn't really explain the few rounds. There wasn't really a strategic reason for this war, unless they were planning on splitting up and wanted to make sure they didn't get attacked if that happened. But from conversations around with people, there are no such plans. So I'm not sure why this war even happened, especially when Pre was literally kissing up to you guys at all times and made it clear he was never going to attack you.

First, I was the one who stated that Mensa 'owes' Pantheon one for their willingness to assist us in the Silent War with hitting a couple of targets and suiciding on them.  It wasn't necessary, but the gesture was nice and appreciated.  It was also cool of them to take the brunt of the attacks in Silent War (when it seemed there was some manipulation trying to be had on a strategic level), while Alpha/Fark was peeled off of us.

That isn't our CB here, however.  We very rarely even have a CB when we fight as we just attempt to find good fights or challenges to be met (Such as taking down TEst's killer whales).

As for our side having a singular CB?  Well, goodluck on getting all the alliances to agree on one single one.  Like Manthrax was saying, there's a variety of reasons, and I also remember saying that to Pre as well.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Pre's just having a hard time accepting that there were several factors going into this war.

Me personally? I thought it'd be a fun and challenging fight, especially in the top 50 nations where TEst held 50% of the spots, and had a strong hold on the top 25. And it was enjoyable, because my targets were actually active.

I didn't expect the number of alliances joining that did but I can understand why, strategically. I was honestly expecting to have to do a lot more coordinated updeclares, initially. Instead the competition for slots was insane.

Revenge for Pantheon? They didn't want it and that's fine by me. I can't lie though, the hit on Pantheon really helped make this war go down easier for sure.

• Upvote 1

One must imagine Sisyphus happy.

Pre's just having a hard time accepting that there were several factors going into this war.

Wrong. I'm having a hard time with people who claim to be speaking on behalf of your whole sphere stating things that were factors for the war were not. The thinking behind it being a fun fight is sort of overshadowed by the peace terms of "ZI" as well. You don't go into a war where you want fun with your objective being ZI. If you wanted a fun fight it would've stopped once the ability for one side to fight back effectively vanished which was 1 round. 

Edited by Prefontaine
  • Upvote 2

scSqPGJ.gif

You don't go into a war where you want fun with your objective being ZI. If you wanted a fun fight it would've stopped once the ability for one side to fight back effectively vanished which was 1 round. 

I don't know, you guys seemed to have done well beyond 1 round.

• Downvote 1

I don't know, you guys seemed to have done well beyond 1 round.

We did but not with conventional military. We poked inactives or less than actives, and those whom refused to buy ships. Our "doing well" was because we had nothing left to destroy, it'd be like saying Alpha did well against Syndicate after the first round. 

scSqPGJ.gif

Wrong.

But I'm right though. There were several reasons.

Fun, for me and others. Even vindication for some, certainly. Your alleged spying on TKR certainly didn't help. And then there is the business of grinding down some whales, which I'm sure is an undeniable motive for a lot of people. Tack on differences in personality as well as reputation and you get an alliance that a lot of people have a lot of reasons to do a lot of different things to.

You're upset you didn't get off as easily as you wanted to? I can understand that, but it's not like people weren't upfront about it with you in negotiations.

Speaking of negotiations, acting like an ass has helped literally zero people ever get better terms. So there's also that.

It's cool you bring the salt and all but, it was in fact 1:1 for nations with cities over 20, and 1:2 for nations with cities over 16. 

No salt here.  I've already said I have enjoyed this multi round fight.   Good times.   Building my nation for 3 month stretches gets boring. 

Even with the 1:1 ratio I'm not sure it could be considered a real challenge since you were maxed out on 3v1s.  As Pre said, the war was over militarily after the 1st round.

But you're correct in that I was too busy to pay attention to what the 20+ city nations were doing.   My 17 city nation was busy getting pounded to dust.

But I'm right though.

You're not though. You're claim is that I'm having a hard time accepting that there are more than 1 reason. I have no problem accepting that. Your side however claims that some of those reasons aren't the case of the war, the people making those claims were speaking for your entirely sphere at that point. That's the problem. You can't have your rep state that "This war isn't about Pantheon" etc.. When several leaders are saying it is.

I tried to warn TKR about their leak before the war even started. 

Prefontaine-12/24/2016
You might want to check you opsec
I've been getting lots of your private chats and such all night.

Lordship-12/24/2016
You're gonna have to try harder than that
It's our general chat
anyone can screenshot it

Prefontaine-12/24/2016
Never saw that posted in the general chat I'm in.

Lordship-12/24/2016
We use slack

Prefontaine-12/24/2016
Just trying to help you route out a possible intel leak mate.
Apologies for looking out for you.
I'll try to avoid doing that in the future.

Lordship-12/24/2016
Man
Is this who you are lol
I k new people talked shit about you but
I thought you were pretty cool

Day or two after the mass spying and I'm trying to help out our soon to be enemy root out the source of the leak and I get mocked for it. 

I'm not upset about getting off easy. I'm pointing out it's stupid to claim the war was "for fun" when your goal is ZI, a war for fun doesn't end when the other is ground into dust, a war with motive does. My annoyance has been with the overwhelming hypocrisy and lies. 

And we didn't try to get better terms, we were already complying with ZI after two rounds and like others had said, we had started turning a profit when we were at ZI. We simply waited for you all to be satisfied with whatever it was you came for, because you all didn't even seem to know half the time. 

Edited by Prefontaine

scSqPGJ.gif

-snip-

You're having a hard time separating general consensus with individual representative accounts.

All of those reasons went into the war and each alliance had its own individual set of motivations.

If our individual alliance representatives were contradicting each other, that's one thing.

Representatives from multiple alliances in a coalitiin citing different grievances/goals is completely different, and almost inevitable.

But it all adds up to one thing: war.

Honestly, I found this war fun, and I'm kinda sad that it ended up in people getting over aggressive. TEst sure as shit lived up to their names as one of the best fighting forces in this game, the tactics they showed were awesome. I think the CB varied for different alliances, which is where this confusion comes from. For folks like Mensa it was a challenge, and certainly for BoC it was just for fun. That's why hitting wasn't mandatory.

Roll Squeegee pact with Redarmy and Ameyuri

Blues Brothers pact with Redarmy

Leader of the Elyion Resistance. If it's backed by NPO, you know it's evil

You're having a hard time separating general consensus with individual representative accounts.

All of those reasons went into the war and each alliance had its own individual set of motivations.

If our individual alliance representatives were contradicting each other, that's one thing.

Representatives from multiple alliances in a coalitiin citing different grievances/goals is completely different, and almost inevitable.

Jessica Rabbit stated the war was not about Pantheon.

Sabriel stated the war was about Pantheon. 

Rozallia has the logs somewhere. I left that chat group.

scSqPGJ.gif

I was gaming with some Swedish guy who could never pronounce my name properly, so he just called me Pretty Fountain. Was probably the funniest name spoof I've heard thus far. 

Had a Romanian in my DAoC guild that couldn't pronounce Buorhann, so he called me Bew Bew.  The name "Boo Boo" stuck with me in my gaming group due to that.

Imagine stating out targets over VOIP, only to hear "Bew Bew".  Kinda kills the whole vibe.

• Downvote 1

Had a Romanian in my DAoC guild that couldn't pronounce Buorhann, so he called me Bew Bew.  The name "Boo Boo" stuck with me in my gaming group due to that.

Imagine stating out targets over VOIP, only to hear "Bew Bew".  Kinda kills the whole vibe.

We would host pug raids sometimes and people would get confused when they heard "Pretty Fountain will be kiting the adds" and such. 

scSqPGJ.gif

so what was your individual alliance's reason for the war. i think thats what he is driving at is getting an answer has been difficult