The war, TEstical perspective.

Prefontaine

I think from a mensa perspective, we wanted war because war is fun. And you were a more appealing target than the usual because you're better at this than them.

Imo it was a shame so many other alliances were involved too, I didn't even get a TEst slot.

Oh well.

• Upvote 4

I think from a mensa perspective, we wanted war because war is fun. And you were a more appealing target than the usual because you're better at this than them.

Imo it was a shame so many other alliances were involved too, I didn't even get a TEst slot.

Oh well.

There's a reason we've had no problem with Mensa/BK/Common Wealth etc.. in this war. Most of our issues stem from TKR/tS and the lies/misscommunication/etc.. whatever you want to call it. They were also the two whom agreed to "Whatever Pantheon wants is fine with us", which was no revenge for hitting Pantheon in exchange for only 1 round of warfare. That's where the bad blood stems from the most. 

• Upvote 2

scSqPGJ.gif

Oh well.

fighting mensans in the first round of the new war system provided some of the most compelling gameplay i've experienced to date. we were all learning the tactics and it was a good brawl. i wish there was more of that. i gained a lot of respect for an alliance i already liked quite a bit

fighting mensans in the first round of the new war system provided some of the most compelling gameplay i've experienced to date. we were all learning the tactics and it was a good brawl. i wish there was more of that. i gained a lot of respect for an alliance i already liked quite a bit

Pretty sums up how I feel about TEst. Pushing all the emotions and politics aside, you guys are undoubtedly among the best fighters in the game. It was a blast fighting you, and organizing counters against your counters was a fun challenge.

And to my friends and allies, always a pleasure. Special shoutout to Guardian and Mensa, it's always a joy to coordinate with you. 

• Upvote 1

The Coalition Discord: https://discord.gg/WBzNRGK

^Still better treatment than GPA ever got on Orbis so it's seems paperless version of neutrality is all well and alive here :)

Dragging it out, not having clear narratives and not being able to make ones minds up on reasons though was kind of annoying.

Edited by kalev60

A couple points. It's my opinion and I'm not looking to debate, but I do want to present a counterpoint.

- Your personal conduct, in terms of the way you dealt with our sphere's representatives, makes any explanation or justification given to you or your alliance from our side an unearned luxury.

- You don't "need" a cb to hit someone. I wanted to hit Test because it would be a challenge: others had other reasons. TKR, for example had every reason to hit you over the spying. For what it's worth, I had no interest in holding you guys down until I saw the way you were acting when you got hit.

- I'm not sure what context that quote you have of Lordship is supposed to be, but there was no hand-wringing conspiracy to exploit the spy system. We didn't need to exploit to win. We figured seeing us coming would let you guys come out swinging, which was more interesting than a dogpile. I know no one from our alliance saw it as an "exploit", since Alex left the spy system active (hint: every other time we saw a potential exploit, we reported it to admin... why would this one, which we didn't even need, be any different?). You couldn't retaliate militarily until the freeze was done, but really Test was screwed for spies no matter what because of the way the system is designed (that's just a numbers game). So.... in short, it's an "advantage" that we didn't need. I know the fact that you immediately ran to admin and then boasted about getting him to make changes on your behalf didn't gain a lot of respect in my eyes, but that's beside the point I suppose.

- You're simply lying about you being hit because of Pantheon. I agreed at the time not to retaliate against Test, if Pantheon didn't want to. You seem to have taken that to be a blanket "never declare against us ever, for any reason!" Sorry, no.

- All the members of Test I dealt with fought well and managed to keep a sense of decorum, which was appreciated. Cheers!

• Upvote 1

Slaughter the shits of the world. They poison the air you breathe.

~ William S. Burroughs

Pretty sums up how I feel about TEst. Pushing all the emotions and politics aside, you guys are undoubtedly among the best fighters in the game. It was a blast fighting you, and organizing counters against your counters was a fun challenge.

7 v 1 or 11 v 1 or whatever it was and counters were still a challenge?  Really?  Let's not going over the top with the praise here.  

7 v 1 or 11 v 1 or whatever it was and counters were still a challenge?  Really?  Let's not going over the top with the praise here.  

I think he was referring to Arrgh and TEst.

• Downvote 1

- You're simply lying about you being hit because of Pantheon. I agreed at the time not to retaliate against Test, if Pantheon didn't want to. You seem to have taken that to be a blanket "never declare against us ever, for any reason!" Sorry, no.

So member(s) of the other side explicitly stated this as the reason but Pre is lying about it?  Wat?

So member(s) of the other side explicitly stated this as the reason but Pre is lying about it?  Wat?

Members did...?

It's a coalition with tons of people with it. You can find a person saying anything, probably, somewhere.

My point is that he's tried to say there was a government-level agreement that was broken, and that is simply untrue.

• Upvote 2

~ William S. Burroughs

I think he was referring to Arrgh and TEst.

It was a dog pile of epic proportions on 3 alliances but let's not let that fact get in the way of a supposed good fight.   

Having said that, I have enjoyed finally being involved in a multi-rounder.   I've learned a lot and everybody has been great to deal with.

No hard feelings but let's keep it real.  :) 

I know no one from our alliance saw it as an "exploit", since Alex left the spy system active (hint: every other time we saw a potential exploit, we reported it to admin... why would this one, which we didn't even need, be any different?).

Of course the side that gets to use the exploit never sees it as one, but from what you just said, that every other time you saw a "potential" exploit you reported it....if you didn't need it, why didn't you report this one then?   

X4EfkAB.png

A couple points. It's my opinion and I'm not looking to debate, but I do want to present a counterpoint.

- Your personal conduct, in terms of the way you dealt with our sphere's representatives, makes any explanation or justification given to you or your alliance from our side an unearned luxury.

- You don't "need" a cb to hit someone. I wanted to hit Test because it would be a challenge: others had other reasons. TKR, for example had every reason to hit you over the spying. For what it's worth, I had no interest in holding you guys down until I saw the way you were acting when you got hit.

- I'm not sure what context that quote you have of Lordship is supposed to be, but there was no hand-wringing conspiracy to exploit the spy system. We didn't need to exploit to win. We figured seeing us coming would let you guys come out swinging, which was more interesting than a dogpile. I know no one from our alliance saw it as an "exploit", since Alex left the spy system active (hint: every other time we saw a potential exploit, we reported it to admin... why would this one, which we didn't even need, be any different?). You couldn't retaliate militarily until the freeze was done, but really Test was screwed for spies no matter what because of the way the system is designed (that's just a numbers game). So.... in short, it's an "advantage" that we didn't need. I know the fact that you immediately ran to admin and then boasted about getting him to make changes on your behalf didn't gain a lot of respect in my eyes, but that's beside the point I suppose.

- All the members of Test I dealt with fought well and managed to keep a sense of decorum, which was appreciated. Cheers!

-You spheres representatives constant lying lead to the treatment.

-Your side stating they were holding us down before we acted negatively largely, unless your referring to your side spamming forum posts with "salty" "crying" about the game rollout being abused. But thanks for continuing your sides tradition of lying.

-You didn't need to exploit to win, but you tried to exploit anyway. "Giving us a warning you were going to attack" is the biggest joke of all considering we were fully militarized and basically told you we knew we were going to attack, but please try to continue to justify your exploitation of the war system being offline. Your timeline is also wrong, I told the offenders that the the spy attacks were going to be addressed by the admin because he had stated before the rollout that he didn't want anyone to gain a military advantage from the war system being offline/rollout and that's what was being done. Lordship even admitted that it was only carried out because the war system was offline. I merely reported the exploit attempt to the admin, explained how the advantage was being gained and suggested ways to address it. It's funny to hear you say you lost respect for me when you admit that you didn't need the advantage but used an exploit in the war mechanic being offline to gain an edge that you didn't need. And I'm the !@#$ for reporting an abuse to the admin. Okay, you're right. I'm totally the one lacking in respect here, lol. 

-You agreed to what Pantheon wanted. Pantheon agreed to not wanting revenge for the attack in exchange for one round. Your side admitted to this being a war of revenge against Pantheon. It's not a blanket for all future attacks, just a clause about this specific reasoning, which was the reasoning your side used. 

So yeah, all of your points there are basically full of shit. I'm sure you believe your own bullshit, but hey that doesn't make you right or respectable. 

• Upvote 5

scSqPGJ.gif

The only real question I have with the Pantheon cb, if they were so upset with being hit, why didn't they enter the war?

Either they really are that bigger pixel huggers or the Pantheon stuff is bs.

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.

Of course the side that gets to use the exploit never sees it as one, but from what you just said, that every other time you saw a "potential" exploit you reported it....if you didn't need it, why didn't you report this one then?   

That's my point precisely. We didn't report it because we didn't see it as an exploit. :P

~ William S. Burroughs

The only real question I have with the Pantheon cb, if they were so upset with being hit, why didn't they enter the war?

Either they really are that bigger pixel huggers or the Pantheon stuff is bs.

Talked to yui days before the fighting. She said they would defend their allies, but didn't seem on board with offensive action. They didn't want offensive action because they didn't want revenge. Have talked with them about it a couple times since that war ended.

scSqPGJ.gif

It's cool you bring the salt and all but, it was in fact 1:1 for nations with cities over 20, and 1:2 for nations with cities over 16. TEst also had first strike militarily after the war freeze (not counting the spy attacks). And you have no idea how to top tier fight played out. 

The Coalition Discord: https://discord.gg/WBzNRGK

It's cool you bring the salt and all but, it was in fact 1:1 for nations with cities over 20, and 1:2 for nations with cities over 16. TEst also had first strike militarily after the war freeze (not counting the spy attacks). And you have no idea how to top tier fight played out. 

To be fair, with Roz Wei, the odds were pretty heavily stacked against them throughout the entirety of the war.

• Downvote 1

-You spheres representatives constant lying lead to the treatment.

-Your side stating they were holding us down before we acted negatively largely, unless your referring to your side spamming forum posts with "salty" "crying" about the game rollout being abused. But thanks for continuing your sides tradition of lying.

-You didn't need to exploit to win, but you tried to exploit anyway. "Giving us a warning you were going to attack" is the biggest joke of all considering we were fully militarized and basically told you we knew we were going to attack, but please try to continue to justify your exploitation of the war system being offline. Your timeline is also wrong, I told the offenders that the the spy attacks were going to be addressed by the admin because he had stated before the rollout that he didn't want anyone to gain a military advantage from the war system being offline/rollout and that's what was being done. Lordship even admitted that it was only carried out because the war system was offline. I merely reported the exploit attempt to the admin, explained how the advantage was being gained and suggested ways to address it. It's funny to hear you say you lost respect for me when you admit that you didn't need the advantage but used an exploit in the war mechanic being offline to gain an edge that you didn't need. And I'm the !@#$ for reporting an abuse to the admin. Okay, you're right. I'm totally the one lacking in respect here, lol. 

-You agreed to what Pantheon wanted. Pantheon agreed to not wanting revenge for the attack in exchange for one round. Your side admitted to this being a war of revenge against Pantheon. It's not a blanket for all future attacks, just a clause about this specific reasoning, which was the reasoning your side used. 

So yeah, all of your points there are basically full of shit. I'm sure you believe your own bullshit, but hey that doesn't make you right or respectable. 

No one lied to you. You're just surprised that a coalition of like 10 alliances has different reasons for hitting you? t$ didn't hit you over Pantheon... if anyone else did, we were supposed to prevent it somehow? You'd have had to make an agreement with them as well... they are sovereign. The only other person who could reasonably hit you over Pantheon is TKR, and they had the spy as a reason to hit you. So dunno what you're talking about, really: you're all over the place.

And yes. The negativity started in the way you reacted to the spying. Which predates most of the rest of it. This entire post really just underscores my first point about the lack of respect from you personally. Anyone who has questions though can feel free to reach out.

Edited by Manthrax

~ William S. Burroughs