Three Quick Tips to Make PNW Not Shit: A Picture Tutorial For Sheepy.

Sketchy

Super Helpful Tip #1: Add a "max all troops" button on the military page.

2c867c55b35f857bc6c181da89e87d46.pngStop making people click through all these pages you fascist.

Innovative Idea #2: Add a "max troop" and "decom all" troop button on the military page for each unit type.

4eb22f9a48c0ea9d97d240e3fb0f6988.png

Creative Solution #3: Add the ability to purchase infra in every city to X infra.

No pictures because the sheer brilliance of this idea requires no illustration.

jrnjvpa.jpg

/thread

Edited by Sketchy
  • Upvote 6

XLL3z4T.gif

#1/#2 Don't be so bloody lazy. He's already prefilled the maximum number of troops you can purchase. So you have to open a maximum of 4 pages and click 4 buttons. Little bit more work to decomm, but not much.

#3 has been mentioned before, plenty of times. I even agree with it. But mentioning it again, like it's a beaut new idea you came up with? Yeah no, go away and think up something new. Or just don't post, if you can't think of something new.

sig_cybernations.PNG.8d49a01423f488a0f1b846927f5acc7e.PNG

#1/#2 Don't be so bloody lazy. He's already prefilled the maximum number of troops you can purchase. So you have to open a maximum of 4 pages and click 4 buttons. Little bit more work to decomm, but not much.

This is a stupid counter-argument.

If his design was good in the first place this wouldn't be a problem. This game is full of tedious navigation between pages that just shouldn't exist.

This isn't the only example of this either, the sites full of it. 

Good design = making the use of your website as intuitive and simple to navigate as possible.

Bad design = having to click 4 times to do something you should be able to do in one.

• Upvote 3

XLL3z4T.gif

Creative Solution #3: Add the ability to purchase infra in every city to X infra.

This is essential. 1 click rebuilds. Add an export to all function for templates and you're golden.

Edited by durmij
  • Upvote 2

Dont like option 1 or 2, because its fun when you know a war is about to start and you are going to get blitzed, you have to pick which unit is most important to you to rebuy, since rebuying all of them you need to have 4 windows open, and be hitting refresh in each window each time to rebuy those troops, and that probably takes 15-20 seconds.

it adds some thought to the process rather than just spamming a buy all button.

#3 has been mentioned before, plenty of times. I even agree with it. But mentioning it again, like it's a beaut new idea you came up with? Yeah no, go away and think up something new. Or just don't post, if you can't think of something new.

go away and break your fingers

Huh I missed this part the first read through.

So your line of reasoning is, because someone suggested it before, noone else can resuggest it? I knew exactly who suggested it before me (he replied in this thread), I only re-suggested, because it hasn't been added yet.

I reposted it, because incase you haven't noticed while you were busing trying to seem smarter than you are, but lots of suggestions go unnoticed and unreplied to.

It might make sense if you thought it was a bad suggestion, but the fact you agree with it and still have a problem with me posting, really illustrates how much of a moron you are.

Have a nice day tho.

XLL3z4T.gif

This is a stupid counter-argument.

If his design was good in the first place this wouldn't be a problem. This game is full of tedious navigation between pages that just shouldn't exist.

This isn't the only example of this either, the sites full of it. 

Good design = making the use of your website as intuitive and simple to navigate as possible.

Bad design = having to click 4 times to do something you should be able to do in one.

From a design perspective, I'd actually have a simpler idea. Just create a single "Military Management" page, where we can buy our military and decomm back to a specific military level (with the game working out how many to sell). What the layout of the page would be, I don't know. I'm sure Sheepy would be able to work out something, if he decided to do it, that could be critiqued on the test server. But in terms of buttons I'd have a Save Changes/Buy All/Decomm All buttons. The first would be for if you only wanted to buy like 10000 soldiers and 1000 tanks, you could make your changes and save.

Huh I missed this part the first read through.

So your line of reasoning is, because someone suggested it before, noone else can resuggest it? I knew exactly who suggested it before me (he replied in this thread), I only re-suggested, because it hasn't been added yet.

I reposted it, because incase you haven't noticed while you were busing trying to seem smarter than you are, but lots of suggestions go unnoticed and unreplied to.

It might make sense if you thought it was a bad suggestion, but the fact you agree with it and still have a problem with me posting, really illustrates how much of a moron you are.

Have a nice day tho.

What I had an issue with was the reposting of an idea, implying it was your brilliant idea, with no attribution or reference of the previous suggestion. This in real life is called plagiarism.

Now if you had posted a suggestion that was a variation of a previous suggestion or included a link to the previous suggestion, I would have likely had no issue.

sig_cybernations.PNG.8d49a01423f488a0f1b846927f5acc7e.PNG

From a design perspective, I'd actually have a simpler idea. Just create a single "Military Management" page, where we can buy our military and decomm back to a specific military level (with the game working out how many to sell). What the layout of the page would be, I don't know. I'm sure Sheepy would be able to work out something, if he decided to do it, that could be critiqued on the test server. But in terms of buttons I'd have a Save Changes/Buy All/Decomm All buttons. The first would be for if you only wanted to buy like 10000 soldiers and 1000 tanks, you could make your changes and save.

What I had an issue with was the reposting of an idea, implying it was your brilliant idea, with no attribution or reference of the previous suggestion. This in real life is called plagiarism.

Now if you had posted a suggestion that was a variation of a previous suggestion or included a link to the previous suggestion, I would have likely had no issue.

I suggested something similar to a "Military Management" page all the way back in the beta because I argued that all the shit should be on one page. Sheepy knocked it down for some reason I can't remember and here we are.

"What I had an issue with was the reposting of an idea, implying it was your brilliant idea, with no attribution or reference of the previous suggestion. This in real life is called plagiarism."

I thought it was obvious I was being intentionally facetious but apparently the bold step by step text, and trump pictures didn't do it for you. Outside of that I didn't "imply it was my brilliant idea".

Seems like your just looking for things to whine about. I don't see the original poster of the idea who replied to the thread whining about it.

• Upvote 1

XLL3z4T.gif

• Wiki Mod

Clicking through more pages is better for advertising revenue :P

Which as we established a long time ago is so negligible so as to be a none argument.

23:38 Skable that's why we don't want Rose involved, so we can take the m all for ourselves

23:39 [] but Mensa is the cute girl at the school dance and she's only dancing with us right now to get our friend jealous

23:39 [] If Rose comes in and gives Mensa what she wants, she'll just toss us aside and forget we ever existed

23:39 zombie_lanae yeah I do hope we can keep having them all to ourselves

23:40 zombie_lanae I know it's selfish but I want all their love

6:55 PM <+Isolatar> Praise Dio

Pubstomper|BNC [20:01:55] Rose wouldn't plan a hit on Mensa because it would be &#33;@#&#036;ing stupid