Unlocking First 4 Cities Timer Limit

Alex

Seems fine to me. The main concern would be this helping pre-existing established alliances more than new ones, as they have the capital to build their members up faster as a result. Despite this, there needs to be a way for people to catch up to the existing playerbase, the advantages outweigh the negatives imo.

• Upvote 1

XLL3z4T.gif

yes, and remember to make buying a certain amount of infra, land and improvements in all cities at the same time possible so that newer players wont quit the game because their fingers broke(benefits the larger nations the most)

Edited by Antonzepro
  • Upvote 3

Why not add buying the second city to the tutorial and basically give it to nations for free, as it introduces the concept of cooldown timers for cities? Then ease in the next 3 cities with reduced cooldowns at 2 days, 3 days and then 5 days (and send them system notifications when the city cooldown timer expires).

That would give a new nation 4 cities at the end of 5 days (Beige), if they have the money and the ability to get a 5th city 5 days after that.

Within 30 days, they could be at 7 cities and pretty much self sufficient (providing they've learnt the relevant mechanics in the meantime).

• Upvote 4

sig_cybernations.PNG.8d49a01423f488a0f1b846927f5acc7e.PNG

Remove the city timer is not a good idea, that time is helpfull for new players to understand the game, try wars on inactives and other small players, create a military and a warchest, etc.

For example a new player in my alliance would recive aids for city 3 and 4 and jump to 400 score in his first day... boom! You had a war declared by *insert 3 Arrgh/Roz Wei nations with 10 cities*

Or even worse after 14 days of beige already at 5 cities and a score of 700... boom! You had a war declared by *insert 3 TEst whales who still can buy more planes with a doudle buy than his max planes*

City timer from 10 to 5 days for city 3 and 4 is a better idea

Remove the city timer is not a good idea, that time is helpfull for new players to understand the game, try wars on inactives and other small players, create a military and a warchest, etc.

For example a new player in my alliance would recive aids for city 3 and 4 and jump to 400 score in his first day... boom! You had a war declared by *insert 3 Arrgh/Roz Wei nations with 10 cities*

Or even worse after 14 days of beige already at 5 cities and a score of 700... boom! You had a war declared by *insert 3 TEst whales who still can buy more planes with a doudle buy than his max planes*

You're telling me TKR can't afford to rebuild a 4 city nation? Come on...Also, just because a player *can* buy a city due to lack of timer doesn't mean they are forced to. TKR can easily stop buying cities at war time. This isn't a reason not to move forward at all.

• Upvote 1

gkt70Td.png

It makes me sad to agree with Hades, but if you dont like this because of the slim chance you are in a war with Test nations...  The sooner nations realize that losing infra is no big deal, the better.  To the topic at hand, I agree that dropping the timer for the first 4 cities seems like a smart move in terms of helping player retention.

Seems fine to me. The main concern would be this helping pre-existing established alliances more than new ones, as they have the capital to build their members up faster as a result. Despite this, there needs to be a way for people to catch up to the existing playerbase, the advantages outweigh the negatives imo.

I mean this is a big issue. If he's going to speed up the timers, then the cities should be discounted so people in new alliances can use it. Reducing  infra cost for newer players would also be good. The issue honestly, is there's no reason to not join a bigger established alliance as is.

• Administrators

Why not add buying the second city to the tutorial and basically give it to nations for free

This is more or less already the case. Building your second (and third) city are Objectives, and you get a lot of money along the way to do that.

• Upvote 2

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

This is more or less already the case. Building your second (and third) city are Objectives, and you get a lot of money along the way to do that.

Apologies, objectives came through after I built my nation up, so I've completely forgotten what each one was. The rest of my post still stands though.

sig_cybernations.PNG.8d49a01423f488a0f1b846927f5acc7e.PNG

yes it is indeed a pretty smart idea and would love to see it getting shape as fast as possible :) 

aA9XUQZ.png                                                              

As a relatively new person myself, I would love to see this be implemented (Just too bad it couldn't have been done in December ). Waiting 10 days to buy cities to become self sufficient is rather annoying although I am a rather impatient person in general. I just hit city 4 a few days ago and that was with me buying every 120 turns on the dot. For those who join alliances quickly they get the money to build their cities and the infra and improvements right away. So at 2 cities there is really very little to do except save because your cities are often in good shape the instant you buy them. Meaning you kinda just sit there for 10 days

Edited by Felkey
  • Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...