War Quotes

Alex

• Administrators

If you've got suggestions for a new war quote to be thrown into the game (that are displayed on the Wars page) that isn't already added, please suggest it here. If you could also offer a source so we can make sure it's attributed correctly, that would be even better.

• "The two most powerful warriors are patience and time." -Leo Tolstoy
  • "The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting." -Sun Tzu
  • "Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win." -Sun Tzu
  • "The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by iron and blood." -Otto von Bismarck
  • "To be prepared for war is one of the most effective means of preserving peace." -George Washington
  • "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." -George S. Patton
  • "You must not fight too often with one enemy, or you will teach him all your art of war." -Napoleon Bonaparte
  • "In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash." -Douglas MacArthur
  • "Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed." -Dwight D. Eisenhower
  • "War is cruelty. There is no use trying to reform it. The crueler it is, the sooner it will be over." -William Tecumseh Sherman
  • "You cannot simultaneously prevent and prepare for war." -Albert Einstein
  • "The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy." -Friedrich Nietzsche
  • "In time of peace prepare for war." -Vegetius
  • "Let me not then die ingloriously and without a struggle, but let me first do some great thing that shall be told among men hereafter." -Homer
  • "Without a sign, his sword the brave man draws, and asks no omen, but his country\'s cause." -Homer
  • "I came, I saw, I conquered." -Julius Caesar
  • "Fortune, which has a great deal of power in other matters but especially in war, can bring about great changes in a situation through very slight forces." -Julius Caesar
  • "There never was a good war, or a bad peace." -Benjamin Franklin
  • "Wars of pen and ink often lead to wars of cannon and bayonets." -Edward Counsel
  • "All war represents a failure of diplomacy." -Tony Benn
  • "War: first, one hopes to win; then one expects the enemy to lose; then, one is satisfied that he too is suffering; in the end, one is surprised that everyone has lost." -Karl Kraus
  • "War makes rattling good history; but Peace is poor reading." -Thomas Hardy
  • "War is the trade of kings." -John Dryden
  • "Military glory -- that attractive rainbow that rises in showers of blood." -Abraham Lincoln
  • "All delays are dangerous in war." -John Dryden
  • "Weakness and ambivalence lead to war." -George H. W. Bush
  • "There has been no war without atrocity. War is atrocity, pure and simple: only greed, nationalism and faith help us pretend otherwise." -Michael Marshall
  • "Beware the toils of war ... the mesh of the huge dragnet sweeping up the world." -Homer
  • "I am not opposed to all wars. I\'m opposed to dumb wars." -Barack Obama
  • "War is thus divine in itself, since it is a law of the world.... War is divine in the mysterious glory that surrounds it and in the no less inexplicable attraction that draws us to it." -Joseph de Maistre
  • "Why is it that all wars are won by bankers? -Carlos Ruiz Zafon
  • "We may have hell if we have war, and we may have hell if we have peace. But if we have no vision for what we do, we have hell anyway." -Gerald Stanley Lee
  • "Accursed be he that first invented war." -Christopher Marlowe
  • "War is mainly a catalogue of blunders." -Winston Churchill
  • "Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily." -Napoleon Bonaparte
  • "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." -Napoleon Bonaparte
  • "A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon." -Napoleon Bonaparte
  • "I can no longer obey; I have tasted command, and I cannot give it up." -Napoleon Bonaparte
  • "The battlefield is a scene of constant chaos. The winner will be the one who controls that chaos, both his own and the enemy\'s." -Napoleon Bonaparte
  • "Power is my mistress. I have worked too hard at her conquest to allow anyone to take her away from me." -Napoleon Bonaparte
  • "The first virtue in a soldier is endurance of fatigue; courage is only the second virtue." -Napoleon Bonaparte
  • "Soldiers generally win battles; generals get credit for them." -Napoleon Bonaparte
  • "If we desire to avoid insult, we must be able to repel it; if we desire to secure peace, one of the most powerful instruments of our rising prosperity, it must be known, that we are at all times ready for war." -George Washington
  • "My first wish is to see this plague of mankind, war, banished from the earth." -George Washington
  • "I have never advocated war except as a means of peace." -Ulysses S. Grant
  • "In every battle there comes a time when both sides consider themselves beaten, then he who continues the attack wins." -Ulysses S. Grant
  • "The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving on." -Ulysses S. Grant
  • "What a cruel thing war is... to fill our hearts with hatred instead of love for our neighbors." -Robert E. Lee
  • "It is well that war is so terrible, otherwise we should grow too fond of it." -Robert E. Lee
  • "God has given to no man no sharper spur to victory than contempt of death." -Hannibal
  • "I will either find a way, or make one." -Hannibal
  • "In peace, sons bury their fathers. In war, fathers bury their sons." -Herodotus
  • "Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war." -Donald Trump
  • "Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories." -Sun Tzu
  • "Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind." -John F. Kennedy
  • "Brave men rejoice in adversity, just as brave soldiers triumph in war." -Lucius Annaeus Seneca
  • "Older men declare war. But it is the youth that must fight and die." -Herbert Hoover
  • "In war the heroes always outnumber the soldiers ten to one." -H. L. Mencken
  • "I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy." -John Adams
  • "It is not only the living who are killed in war." -Isaac Asimov
  • "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war." -John Adams
  • "It's impossible to know what happens in the fog of war." -Hillary Clinton
  • "To hold a pen is to be at war." -Voltaire
  • "The course of this conflict is not known, yet its outcome is certain. Freedom and fear, justice and cruelty, have always been at war, and we know that God is not neutral between them. -George W. Bush
  • "Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering." - Yoda
  • "Fortifications, artillery, foreign aid - will be of no value, unless the ordinary soldier knows that it is HE guarding his country." - Carl Gustaf Emil Mannerheim
  • "Without a sign, his sword the brave man draws, and asks no omen, but his country's cause." - Homer
  • "Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Jesus Christ
  • "In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity." - Sun Tzu
  • "People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election." - Otto von Bismarck
  • "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve." - Isoroku Yamamoto
  • "Inflict not on an enemy every injury in your power, for he may afterwards become your friend." - Moslih Eddin Saadi
  • "Surrender before you all die by the sword, for I do not wish you to perish." - Imad ad-Din Zanghi
  • "The greatest enemy of a good plan, is the dream of a perfect plan." - Carl Von Clausewitz
  • "It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets." ― Voltaire
  • "Only the dead have seen the end of war." ― Plato
  • "Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime." ― Ernest Hemingway
  • "In times of war, the law falls silent." ― Marcus Tullius Cicero
  • "What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or in the holy name of liberty or democracy?" ― Mahatma Gandhi
  • "If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war." ― Leo Tolstoy
  • "Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory." ― George S. Patton Jr.
  • "It is better to live one day as a lion, than a hundred years as a sheep" - Italian proverb
  • "Men should either be treated generously or destroyed, because they take revenge for slight injures - for heavy ones they cannot." - Niccolò Machiavelli
  • "For what can war, but endless war, still breed?" - John Milton
  • "War is an episode, a crisis, a fever the purpose of which is to rid the body of fever. So the purpose of a war is to end the war." ― William Faulkner
  • "Wars begin when you will, but they do not end when you please." - Niccolò Machiavelli
  • "War is like a fire. One man may start it, but it will spread all over. It is not about one thing in particular." ― T.H. White
  • "Remember that even in war there is a time for restraint. A time to hold back your sword." ― Suzanne Collins
  • "The object of waging a war is always to be in a better position in which to wage another war." ― George Orwell
  • "Do you know, my son, with what little understanding the world is ruled?" - Pope Julius III
  • "Let the world tremble as it senses all you are about to accomplish." - Luis Camões
  • "Be an example to your men in your duty and in private life." - Erwin Rommel
  • "War is the continuation of politics by other means." - Carl von Clausewitz
  • "A war is not lost until you consider it lost." - Erich von Manstein
  • "History is always written by the victor, and the histories of the losing parties belong to the shrinking circle of those who were there." - Joachim Peiper
  • "No plan of operations extends with any certainty beyond the first contact with the main hostile force." - Helmuth von Moltke
  • "In preparing for battle, I have always found that plans are useless, but planning is indispensable." - Dwight D. Eisenhower
  • "Sweat saves blood, blood saves lives, but brains saves both." - Erwin Rommel
  • "If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles." - Sun Tzu
  • "In time of war the first casualty is truth." - Boake Carter
  • "The object of war is to survive it." - John Irving
  • "Men grow tired of sleep, love, singing and dancing sooner than of war." - Homer
  • "Better pointed bullets than pointed speeches." - Otto von Bismarck
  • "Be polite; write diplomatically; even in a declaration of war one observes the rules of politeness." - Otto von Bismarck
  • "All they that take the sword, shall perish with the sword." - The Bible
  • "War may sometimes be a necessary evil. But no matter how necessary, it is always an evil, never a good. We will not learn how to live together in peace by killing each other\'s children." - Jimmy Carter
  • "Fortune, which has a great deal of power in other matters but especially in war, can bring about great changes in a situation through very slight forces." - Julius Caesar
  • "Fortune, which has a great deal of power in other matters but especially in war, can bring about great changes in a situation through very slight forces." - Julius Caesar
  • "All is fair in Politics and War." - Red

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

'Do you think, I have not just cause to weep, when I consider that Alexander (the Great) at my age had conquered so many nations, and I have all this time done nothing that is memorable?'" - Julius Caesar 

The Coalition Discord: https://discord.gg/WBzNRGK

''Fortifications, artillery, foreign aid - will be of no value, unless the ordinary soldier knows that it is HE guarding his country.'' - Carl Gustaf Emil Mannerheim.

Source: http://www.mannerheim.fi/pkaskyt/s_paiva.htm(In particular, this order from 1918 [http://www.mannerheim.fi/pkaskyt/pk16ma18.gif]).

Original swedish quote:

Fästningar, kanoner och främmande hjälp bota föga, om ej var man i ledet vet, att just han står på vakt för sitt land.

Edited by Shiho Nishizumi
  • Upvote 3

G3.gif.d8066d8dc749ad2d0835fe69095fa73b.gif

If you've got suggestions for a new war quote to be thrown into the game (that are displayed on the Wars page) that isn't already added, please suggest it here. If you could also offer a source so we can make sure it's attributed correctly, that would be even better.

• "The two most powerful warriors are patience and time." -Leo Tolstoy
  • "The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting." -Sun Tzu
  • "Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win." -Sun Tzu
  • "The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by iron and blood." -Otto von Bismarck
  • "To be prepared for war is one of the most effective means of preserving peace." -George Washington
  • "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." -George S. Patton
  • "You must not fight too often with one enemy, or you will teach him all your art of war." -Napoleon Bonaparte
  • "In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash." -Douglas MacArthur
  • "Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed." -Dwight D. Eisenhower
  • "War is cruelty. There is no use trying to reform it. The crueler it is, the sooner it will be over." -William Tecumseh Sherman
  • "You cannot simultaneously prevent and prepare for war." -Albert Einstein
  • "The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy." -Friedrich Nietzsche
  • "In time of peace prepare for war." -Vegetius
  • "Let me not then die ingloriously and without a struggle, but let me first do some great thing that shall be told among men hereafter." -Homer
  • "Without a sign, his sword the brave man draws, and asks no omen, but his country\'s cause." -Homer
  • "I came, I saw, I conquered." -Julius Caesar
  • "Fortune, which has a great deal of power in other matters but especially in war, can bring about great changes in a situation through very slight forces." -Julius Caesar
  • "There never was a good war, or a bad peace." -Benjamin Franklin
  • "Wars of pen and ink often lead to wars of cannon and bayonets." -Edward Counsel
  • "All war represents a failure of diplomacy." -Tony Benn
  • "War: first, one hopes to win; then one expects the enemy to lose; then, one is satisfied that he too is suffering; in the end, one is surprised that everyone has lost." -Karl Kraus
  • "War makes rattling good history; but Peace is poor reading." -Thomas Hardy
  • "War is the trade of kings." -John Dryden
  • "Military glory -- that attractive rainbow that rises in showers of blood." -Abraham Lincoln
  • "All delays are dangerous in war." -John Dryden
  • "Weakness and ambivalence lead to war." -George H. W. Bush
  • "There has been no war without atrocity. War is atrocity, pure and simple: only greed, nationalism and faith help us pretend otherwise." -Michael Marshall
  • "Beware the toils of war ... the mesh of the huge dragnet sweeping up the world." -Homer
  • "I am not opposed to all wars. I\'m opposed to dumb wars." -Barack Obama
  • "War is thus divine in itself, since it is a law of the world.... War is divine in the mysterious glory that surrounds it and in the no less inexplicable attraction that draws us to it." -Joseph de Maistre
  • "Why is it that all wars are won by bankers? -Carlos Ruiz Zafon
  • "We may have hell if we have war, and we may have hell if we have peace. But if we have no vision for what we do, we have hell anyway." -Gerald Stanley Lee
  • "Accursed be he that first invented war." -Christopher Marlowe
  • "War is mainly a catalogue of blunders." -Winston Churchill
  • "Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily." -Napoleon Bonaparte
  • "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." -Napoleon Bonaparte
  • "A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon." -Napoleon Bonaparte
  • "I can no longer obey; I have tasted command, and I cannot give it up." -Napoleon Bonaparte
  • "The battlefield is a scene of constant chaos. The winner will be the one who controls that chaos, both his own and the enemy\'s." -Napoleon Bonaparte
  • "Power is my mistress. I have worked too hard at her conquest to allow anyone to take her away from me." -Napoleon Bonaparte
  • "The first virtue in a soldier is endurance of fatigue; courage is only the second virtue." -Napoleon Bonaparte
  • "Soldiers generally win battles; generals get credit for them." -Napoleon Bonaparte
  • "If we desire to avoid insult, we must be able to repel it; if we desire to secure peace, one of the most powerful instruments of our rising prosperity, it must be known, that we are at all times ready for war." -George Washington
  • "My first wish is to see this plague of mankind, war, banished from the earth." -George Washington
  • "I have never advocated war except as a means of peace." -Ulysses S. Grant
  • "In every battle there comes a time when both sides consider themselves beaten, then he who continues the attack wins." -Ulysses S. Grant
  • "The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving on." -Ulysses S. Grant
  • "What a cruel thing war is... to fill our hearts with hatred instead of love for our neighbors." -Robert E. Lee
  • "It is well that war is so terrible, otherwise we should grow too fond of it." -Robert E. Lee
  • "God has given to no man no sharper spur to victory than contempt of death." -Hannibal
  • "I will either find a way, or make one." -Hannibal
  • "In peace, sons bury their fathers. In war, fathers bury their sons." -Herodotus
  • "Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war." -Donald Trump
  • "Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories." -Sun Tzu
  • "Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind." -John F. Kennedy
  • "Brave men rejoice in adversity, just as brave soldiers triumph in war." -Lucius Annaeus Seneca
  • "Older men declare war. But it is the youth that must fight and die." -Herbert Hoover
  • "In war the heroes always outnumber the soldiers ten to one." -H. L. Mencken
  • "I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy." -John Adams
  • "It is not only the living who are killed in war." -Isaac Asimov
  • "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war." -John Adams
  • "It's impossible to know what happens in the fog of war." -Hillary Clinton
  • "To hold a pen is to be at war." -Voltaire
  • "The course of this conflict is not known, yet its outcome is certain. Freedom and fear, justice and cruelty, have always been at war, and we know that God is not neutral between them. -George W. Bush

• "People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election - Ottovon Bismarck
  •  'When will people learn? Democracy doesn't work! - Homer Simpson
  • I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve - Isoroku Yamamoto
  • You have enemies? That means you've stood up for something in your life - Winston Churchill

Peace will never be accomplished without war, but war cannot happen without peace.... or something like that idk

"Inflict not on an enemy every injury in your power, for he may afterwards become your friend." - Moslih Eddin Saadi

"Surrender before you all die by the sword, for I do not wish you to perish." - Imad ad-Din Zanghi

"The greatest enemy of a good plan, is the dream of a perfect plan." - Carl Von Clausewitz

“It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets.†― Voltaire

“Only the dead have seen the end of war.†― Plato

“Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime.†― Ernest Hemingway

“In times of war, the law falls silent. ― Marcus Tullius Cicero

“What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or in the holy name of liberty or democracy?†― Mahatma Gandhi

“Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.†― Dwight D. Eisenhower

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.†― Leo Tolstoy

“Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.†― George S. Patton Jr.

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than a hundred years as a sheep" - Italian proverb

"Men should either be treated generously or destroyed, because they take revenge for slight injures - for heavy ones they cannot." - Niccolò Machiavelli

"For what can war, but endless war, still breed?" - John Milton

“Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war!†― William Shakespeare, Julius Caesar

"The better part of valour is discretion." - Shakespeare, King Henry IV, Part:I, v, 4

“War is an episode, a crisis, a fever the purpose of which is to rid the body of fever. So the purpose of a war is to end the war.†― William Faulkner

"Wars begin when you will, but they do not end when you please." - Niccolò Machiavelli

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more!" -Shakespeare, King Henry V, iii, 1

“War is like a fire. One man may start it, but it will spread all over. It is not about one thing in particular.†― T.H. White

"Fight to the last gasp." -Shakespeare, King Henry VI, part 1, i, 1

“Remember that even in war there is a time for restraint. A time to hold back your sword.†― Suzanne Collins

"To carry on war, three things are necessary: money, money, and yet more money." - Gian Jacopo Trivulzio

“...the object of waging a war is always to be in a better position in which to wage another war.†― George Orwell

"Do you know, my son, with what little understanding the world is ruled?" - Pope Julius III

"Let the world tremble as it senses all you are about to accomplish." - Luis Camões, The Lusíads, canto 1:15

Edited by Malal
  • Upvote 1

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Can we not put the Hillary and Obama quotes and stop pretending they are on the same level of everyone else?

(part of me is joking but the other part of me is completely serious)

Edited by UnitedStatesOfCarolina
  • Upvote 1

MAKE ORBIS GREAT AGAIN !

"Be an example to your men in your duty and in private life." - Erwin Rommel

"There are no desperate situations, there are only desperate people." - Heinz Guderian

"War is the continuation of politics by other means." - Carl von Clausewitz

"A war is not lost until you consider it lost." - Erich von Manstein

"History is always written by the victor, and the histories of the losing parties belong to the shrinking circle of those who were there." - Joachim Peiper

"No plan of operations extends with any certainty beyond the first contact with the main hostile force." - Helmuth von Moltke

"Do you want total war? If necessary, do you want a war more total and radical than anything that we can even imagine today?" - Joseph Goebbels

Edited by Odin
  • Upvote 3

"No plan of operations extends with any certainty beyond the first contact with the main hostile force." - Helmuth von Moltke

''In preparing for battle, I have always found that plans are useless, but planning is indispensable.' -Dwight D. Eisenhower.

''Is the proposed operation likely to succeed? What might be the consequences of failure? Is it in realm of practicability in terms of materiél and supplies?'' -Chester W. Nimitz

"Sweat saves blood, blood saves lives, but brains saves both." - Erwin Rommel

• Upvote 1

G3.gif.d8066d8dc749ad2d0835fe69095fa73b.gif

Wars are not fought for territory, but for words. Man's deadliest weapon is language. He is as susceptible to being hypnotized by slogans as he is to infectious diseases. And where there is an epidemic, the group-mind takes over. - Arthur Koestler

If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles. - Sun Tzu

In time of war the first casualty is truth. - Boake Carter

There is no such thing as inevitable war. If war comes it will be from failure of human wisdom. - Bonar Law

War would end if the dead could return. - Stanley Baldwin

The object of war is to survive it. - John Irving

Men grow tired of sleep, love, singing and dancing sooner than of war. - Homer

War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today. - John F. Kennedy

War does not determine who is right - only who is left. - Anonymous

Better pointed bullets than pointed speeches. - Otto von Bismarck

Be polite; write diplomatically; even in a declaration of war one observes the rules of politeness. -Otto von Bismarck

Morality binds people into groups. It gives us tribalism, it gives us genocide, war, and politics. But it also gives us heroism, altruism, and sainthood. -Jonathan Haidt

In all history there is no war which was not hatched by the governments, the governments alone, independent of the interests of the people, to whom war is always pernicious even when successful. -Leo Tolstoy

All they that take the sword, shall perish with the sword. -The Bible -Matthew

It is only the dead who have seen the end of war. -Plato

War is a bloody, killing business. You've got to spill their blood, or they will spill yours. Rip them up the belly. Shoot them in the guts. -George S. Patton, Jr.

War may sometimes be a necessary evil. But no matter how necessary, it is always an evil, never a good. We will not learn how to live together in peace by killing each other's children. -Jimmy Carter
What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy? -Gandhi

Fortune, which has a great deal of power in other matters but especially in war, can bring about great changes in a situation through very slight forces. -Julius Caesar

You can't say that civilization don't advance, however, for in every war they kill you in a new way. -Will Rogers

StillAlive_Signature.png.433f2545e1e26b4

• Administrators

Thanks for the suggestions so far, I've made some additions. 

"Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering." - Yoda
"Fortifications, artillery, foreign aid - will be of no value, unless the ordinary soldier knows that it is HE guarding his country." - Carl Gustaf Emil Mannerheim
"The sweet Goddess of Peace lives only under the protective arm of the ready God of War" - David Lane
"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Jesus Christ
"In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity." - Sun Tzu
"People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election." - Otto von Bismarck
"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve." - Isoroku Yamamoto
"Inflict not on an enemy every injury in your power, for he may afterwards become your friend." - Moslih Eddin Saadi
"Surrender before you all die by the sword, for I do not wish you to perish." - Imad ad-Din Zanghi
"The greatest enemy of a good plan, is the dream of a perfect plan." - Carl Von Clausewitz
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets." ― Voltaire
"Only the dead have seen the end of war." ― Plato
"Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime." ― Ernest Hemingway
"In times of war, the law falls silent." ― Marcus Tullius Cicero
"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or in the holy name of liberty or democracy?" ― Mahatma Gandhi
"If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war." ― Leo Tolstoy
"Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory." ― George S. Patton Jr.
"It is better to live one day as a lion, than a hundred years as a sheep" - Italian proverb
"Men should either be treated generously or destroyed, because they take revenge for slight injures - for heavy ones they cannot." - Niccolò Machiavelli
"For what can war, but endless war, still breed?" - John Milton
"War is an episode, a crisis, a fever the purpose of which is to rid the body of fever. So the purpose of a war is to end the war." ― William Faulkner
"Wars begin when you will, but they do not end when you please." - Niccolò Machiavelli
"War is like a fire. One man may start it, but it will spread all over. It is not about one thing in particular." ― T.H. White
"Remember that even in war there is a time for restraint. A time to hold back your sword." ― Suzanne Collins
"The object of waging a war is always to be in a better position in which to wage another war." ― George Orwell
"Do you know, my son, with what little understanding the world is ruled?" - Pope Julius III
"Let the world tremble as it senses all you are about to accomplish." - Luis Camões
"Be an example to your men in your duty and in private life." - Erwin Rommel
"War is the continuation of politics by other means." - Carl von Clausewitz
"A war is not lost until you consider it lost." - Erich von Manstein
"History is always written by the victor, and the histories of the losing parties belong to the shrinking circle of those who were there." - Joachim Peiper
"In preparing for battle, I have always found that plans are useless, but planning is indispensable." - Dwight D. Eisenhower
"Sweat saves blood, blood saves lives, but brains saves both." - Erwin Rommel
"If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles." - Sun Tzu
"In time of war the first casualty is truth." - Boake Carter
"The object of war is to survive it." - John Irving
"Men grow tired of sleep, love, singing and dancing sooner than of war." - Homer
"Better pointed bullets than pointed speeches." - Otto von Bismarck
"Be polite; write diplomatically; even in a declaration of war one observes the rules of politeness." - Otto von Bismarck
"All they that take the sword, shall perish with the sword." - The Bible
"War may sometimes be a necessary evil. But no matter how necessary, it is always an evil, never a good. We will not learn how to live together in peace by killing each other\'s children." - Jimmy Carter
"Fortune, which has a great deal of power in other matters but especially in war, can bring about great changes in a situation through very slight forces." - Julius Caesar
"Fortune, which has a great deal of power in other matters but especially in war, can bring about great changes in a situation through very slight forces." - Julius Caesar
"All is fair in Politics and War." - Red

• Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

All war is a symptom of man's failure as a thinking animal - John Steinbeck

The world can not be changed by pretty words alone - Lelouch Vi Britannia

Edited by Lelouch Vi Britannia

IYT09l4.png

Ex-Archduke of Defence for BK

3 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

@Lelouch Vi Britannia - BK needs you, but they really don't deserve you.  Thanks for the dankness.

War is a racket. It always has been. It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives. - Smedley Butler

tvPWtuA.gif

• Administrators

We really gonna have David Lane quotes?

Ah, I didn't know who he was until I googled him just now. No, we will not have David Lane quotes. Thanks for catching that.

Forums Rules | Game Link

"Victory does not always rest with the big guns: but, if we rest in front of them we shall be lost." Commander Argentius

"The roar of engines, the recoil of cannons. That is where the true joy of battle lies." Sergeant Antaro Chronus

"It is good that war is terrible, otherwise men would grow fond of it." Robert E. Lee

"History shows that there are no invincible armies." Joseph Stalin 

"Let it be remembered, too, that at a time of war, nearly everyone is under great strain." William Mackenzie King 

"The grim fact is that we prepare for war like precocious giants, and for peace like retarded pygmies." Lester B. Pearson if that is too rude for what you are doing try the one below

"As a soldier, I survived World War I when most of my comrades did not." Lester B. Pearson

"The game is not lost - or won - until the last bell goes." John Curtain 

"When you go home, tell them of us and say: For their tomorrow, we gave our today." John Maxwell Edmonds
Edited by Stefan Thorne

2IoFGEj.png?1

Through the Ashes, We Rise 

Wow, no Gen. Curtis LeMay quotes? 

Apply whatever force it is necessary to employ, to stop things quickly. The main thing is stop it. The quicker you stop it, the more lives you save.

There are no innocent civilians. It is their government and you are fighting a people, you are not trying to fight an armed force anymore. So it doesn't bother me so much to be killing the so-called innocent bystanders.

I'll tell you what war is about, you've got to kill people, and when you've killed enough they stop fighting.

Actually I think it's more immoral to use less force than necessary, than it is to use more. if you use less force, you kill off more of humanity in the long run, because you are merely protracting the struggle.

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

Wow, no Gen. Curtis LeMay quotes? 

Apply whatever force it is necessary to employ, to stop things quickly. The main thing is stop it. The quicker you stop it, the more lives you save.

There are no innocent civilians. It is their government and you are fighting a people, you are not trying to fight an armed force anymore. So it doesn't bother me so much to be killing the so-called innocent bystanders.

I'll tell you what war is about, you've got to kill people, and when you've killed enough they stop fighting.

Actually I think it's more immoral to use less force than necessary, than it is to use more. if you use less force, you kill off more of humanity in the long run, because you are merely protracting the struggle.

So how many more of your pixels do we need to kill before you stop?  Won't you think of the PIXELS?!?!

Priest of Dio