Old FA vs Current FA

Jodo

Sidenote: If NPO wanted, they could've easily had better growth. They have less than 8 city avg.

Thats what Roq said for like - all of his posts.

:sheepy:  :sheepy:  :sheepy:  :sheepy:               :sheepy:              :sheepy: :sheepy: :sheepy: :sheepy:

Greatkitteh was here.-

Who made you the arbiter here?

Beatrix isn't wrong.

He's not wrong, but he ignored Roquentin's posts explaning why

• Upvote 1

:sheepy:  :sheepy:  :sheepy:  :sheepy:               :sheepy:              :sheepy: :sheepy: :sheepy: :sheepy:

Greatkitteh was here.-

You say no, but you mean yes.

No. Going paperless is another option, but a bit if a mixed bag.

Or, signing a few and building paperless ties with others is another idea.

Trying to build a small bloc is another, but historically hasn't seen the best results.

Building a strong relationship with a community in the current hegemoney can go a long way in helping an alliance build the influence and gravity it needs to see changes in the meta of the game. It just takes time.

My main point being that Kylo's pessimistic outlook isn't doing him any favors. It can happen, but probably not the way or in the time frame most people are imagining.

The Syndicate and our classical allies have never been certain we'd come out on the other end of a war victorious, until recently anyway, and we have taken hard losses and long chances to eek out a prominent position.

We're not indomitable though. And I think it's just !@#$ing weird that we're the ones who have to keep making that point over and over and over again.

Edited by Wilhelm the Demented

One must imagine Sisyphus happy.

Jodo, Dude (this is just for you) - I still love you man,no matter how many angry messages I got on FB from your buddies. I will always be your big spoon.

Love Always and Forever,

Pinchy

I have no idea who has been sending you shitty messages, but if it's like a recent thing let me know. I'll squash it.

Other than that, neither of us have changed much it would seem.

q8nfyvc.gif

Other alliances need to stop having such a defeatist attitude. No wonder your members keep leaving or quitting and you're unable to make decent allies. Plenty of people would be down to join the underdog team, but not if the underdog has no self respect.

• Upvote 2

I know only one thing: If you always blame others and never focus on what *YOU* can do to change the situation, you never will accomplish anything. In the best case scenario, you will be handed a victory by chance or mercy, since you couldn't get off your lazy asses and do something about it.

I already explained to you how you can git gud, but you didn't listen.

(1) kick out incompetent management

(2) if the management is not cooperating, split off

(3) invite new people, retain existing people, develop your nations

(4) wait for a meltdown on the opposing side or try to manufacture it somehow

Failing at all of this, you can always challenge Mensa HQ to a pre-arranged 1v1 duel without allies (or we can let you have a few more alliances). Just let us know and we can agree on what would be a fair fight. :*

77oKn5K.png

I have no idea who has been sending you shitty messages, but if it's like a recent thing let me know. I'll squash it.

Oh that was right after the leaving drama,it was all very highschool and the main dumbass blocked me after last sending me a message saying 'great job hero'.I wouldn't worry about it now,just found it kind of stupidly unnecessary at the time.

Other than that, neither of us have changed much it would seem.

Not exactly sure what details in particular you're referring to or exactly implying but if you'd like to enlighten me some time,seriously give me a shout. I'd honestly welcome the conversation because I feel that was unfortunately lacking a year back.

This wasn't to dump on you but just tossing a sprinkle of honesty out there.

Be well man and take care.

All I know is that apathetic community of Rose(what's left of it since all core members left) got sick of being rolled every single war and thus have hid behind you to fill their incompetence which turned out to work for them.

Nah, you don't know what you're talking about. Fighting wars with them every time meant that we talked and forth quite a bit.

Eventually we started playing online games (most notably Rust) with a few of their members, and they turned out to be pretty cool. My understanding is that TUGT/Elderon then worked on ties with them after that, and here we are.

If MENSA thought that they just wanted muscle to hide behind we wouldn't have signed them.

☾☆

High Priest of Dio

Nah, you don't know what you're talking about. Fighting wars with them every time meant that we talked and forth quite a bit.

Eventually we started playing online games (most notably Rust) with a few of their members, and they turned out to be pretty cool. My understanding is that TUGT/Elderon then worked on ties with them after that, and here we are.

If MENSA thought that they just wanted muscle to hide behind we wouldn't have signed them.

TUGT had no part in working with Rose, lol.  He hated Rose.

Your last sentence is absolutely correct though.  We signed Rose because of good talks and friendly times, as well as communities blending somewhat together in other games over time (Like Rust, as you stated).

Edited by Buorhann
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Other alliances need to stop having such a defeatist attitude. No wonder your members keep leaving or quitting and you're unable to make decent allies. Plenty of people would be down to join the underdog team, but not if the underdog has no self respect.

Won't lie, I actually agree with this. What makes a good underdog story in RL or in movies: the underdog is still willing to go at it despite having little to none chances of succeeding.

A possible ally wants someone who can still work with what they have despite it not being much. If you are constantly saying we can't win or our chances of winning are slim, no one wants to work with that, it's depressing and that type of mindset might actually affect battle performance (we can't win so why try?). AAs, especially those who want to shake things up, don't want that because that type of attitude means they'll never accomplish that goal.

I also do agree with Kermal and seeing what can be done after every loss. I think during the Silent War I heard someone in BK say "I'd rather have a war we barely won than a war we won easily" and I can see why. In the former you are still able to learn what can be done better while in the latter yes you won without a sweat but haven't learned much while your opponent has plenty to learn and comeback to fight with if they're willing.

I think NPO is a good example: they went from loosing easily against us in one war to performing a good blitz in the next and actually being a threat. I assume its because they took what they could learn and built on it and I do hope its the case after the Silent War.

What I'm saying is, you can't always blame the other side although it is easy to and not see what you could have done better. Yes you can be realistic and say this is our situation the underdog is as well but again the underdog didn't take that as something set in stone.

• Upvote 1

Nerd To The Core

Oh that was right after the leaving drama,it was all very highschool and the main dumbass blocked me after last sending me a message saying 'great job hero'.I wouldn't worry about it now,just found it kind of stupidly unnecessary at the time.

Not exactly sure what details in particular you're referring to or exactly implying but if you'd like to enlighten me some time,seriously give me a shout. I'd honestly welcome the conversation because I feel that was unfortunately lacking a year back.

This wasn't to dump on you but just tossing a sprinkle of honesty out there.

Be well man and take care.

Ah, ok. I just thought with all the drama going on someone went bananas. Which was not at all my intention.

Yea, I don't mind having a chat. We should bury the hatchet. Enough is enough.

q8nfyvc.gif

Let me put this in perspective for you, because you obviously have no understanding about how the politics in this game works.

Firstly, even if EVERY SINGLE ALLIANCE, came together to in a sphere. It would not be enough to take down Syndisphere. It wouldn't match them in any way shape of form. Not membership, score, or cities. We wouldn't even have the top, mid, an we'd barely have the low tier.

On top of that, we can't pull alliances away from you either. No alliance will sign an outside treaty with someone in the opposite sphere. As for those alliances who maybe want to create their own sphere, you guys have rolled EVERY SINGLE ALLIANCE that dropped a treaty with your sphere. You also just got finished rolling GoT, TC, and Paperless. Why would they leave when its almost certain they'd get rolled?

You guys literally roll anything that moves, I wouldn't be surprised if in a month when TC NAP ends you guys rolled TC + Lordaeron. Because you've taken a "This is our game and we don't give af what everyone thinks of us, come get a dub" FA policy that literally doesn't help the game, nor really you.

Lets take for example, Obelisk and The Commonwealth. 2 Alliances that could literally have went anywhere, chose to ally into OO. Then Consolidate even more by allying each other. Then the Cornerstone-BoC MDP, along with the tTO-BK MDP do the same. Then Rose signed Obelisk with their only MD treaty outside Syndisphere is Lordaeron. I mean, there's nothing anyone outside Syndisphere can do except wait to get rolled.

The saddening thing is Syndisphere's motto has always been "Don't mess with us, we won't mess with you" but then you rolled GoT and Paperless with little to no CB. You're just bored and you're going to roll people until there's no one left to roll. Its a sad thing that this game has came too, but I guess thats what it is.

Even if Acadia, NPO, and UPN got together to do something, they don't even equal TKR in score.

You've lost it. We signed Rose, right after we fought a war against them. We noticed that Pre and his new sphere was claiming the #1 spot and being aggressive where he thought he could get away with it. Deciding to fight him on our terms is not "rolling everything that moves." Newer alliances joining our sphere instead of allying with you? Don't blame us for your FA sucking. Offer them something compelling, like a plan. I don't know how people come up with this feeling that your opponent beating you is unfair. You have the same playing field, you just need to play better. 

TUGT had no part in working with Rose, lol.  He hated Rose.

Your last sentence is absolutely correct though.  We signed Rose because of good talks and friendly times, as well as communities blending somewhat together in other games over time (Like Rust, as you stated).

Oh really? I didn't know this, tbh. My apologies for taking away some of your thunder :3 -- I thought TUGT was trying to butter them up following the Rust stuff.

☾☆

High Priest of Dio

It honestly doesn't have much to do with fairness at all. No one is asking for a participation trophy(except possibly ComradeMilton), but at the same time it's a little silly to pretend that picking fights with smaller and smaller groupings is going to be some great display of the forces of order subduing the forces of chaos. If it's rewarding for you, great, keep on keeping on. It's not rewarding for others to do too much about it at this point and the time others invest can be spent doing better things than making your world entertaining for you.

Lol @ Rose saying they signed Mensa cause they liked them. I legit laughed.

I was going to correct you, but it seems several others have beaten me to the punch. Instead, I'll just offer you some sage advice.

Stop making a habit of talking shit you don't know.

• Upvote 2

Guys can I be frank even if you don't agree with everything said here I do think there's something you can pick here. Don't bash it because of who or where the author came from. Actually see what you can learn.

I do think this is a good post to take away from this thread. Regardless of whether or not you agree with the content of the OP it did spark a discussion that was interesting (at least to me and apparently many people responding) and sparked a debate and conversation that involved people from across the political spectrum in Orbis. Also some hilarious past TEst drama. Reading this thread I think the people saying that the 'game is dying' or politics is stagnating can only look at the active conversations being had between people from several alliances on these forums as well as the numerous conflicts, flashpoints, and political changes that occurred over the past year. The alliances that don't adapt to current political realities or incentivize activity in their alliances will falter while others will overtake them. It doesn't really matter what kind of alliance you have whether it is restrictive to join or more inclusive. Players have plenty of choices for different kinds of alliances with differing cultures and structures.

v9DIVzo.png