Old FA vs Current FA

Jodo

You're really salty about getting kicked from TEst, aren't you?

Er, did he? Because I'm pretty sure that he left on his own accord. And he kinda founded TEst almost 10 years ago (I was there and was one of the first to join), so I don't think anyone had the ability to kick him out. 

I mean. Just saying. 

• Upvote 2

yVHTSLQ.png

(TEst lives on but I'm in BK stronk now and too lazy to change the image)

Er, did he? Because I'm pretty sure that he left on his own accord. And he kinda founded TEst almost 10 years ago (I was there and was one of the first to join), so I don't think anyone had the ability to kick him out. 

I mean. Just saying. 

There were internal issues between the leadership and behind the scenes. Much of it shall remain private and between those parties involved. However, Jodo is a founder and that can never be questioned.

• Upvote 1

There were internal issues between the leadership and behind the scenes. Much of it shall remain private and between those parties involved. However, Jodo is a founder and that can never be questioned.

True, but both of the members in leadership at the time of his departure have said that he left on his own. 

yVHTSLQ.png

(TEst lives on but I'm in BK stronk now and too lazy to change the image)

Well, as much as Kylo and Pre would love to derail this and make it about me (And goddamn do I love me) and my exit from TEst, its not really the point I was making. Plus it was by all rights a long time ago and I honestly would rather not go into it, because doing so would simply be me and Pinchy shitting on each other. Frankly, I don't want to do that. 

Besides, the actual TEst peeps know where I live. If I was such as big of a shitlord as Pre has stated, you guys would have burnt my house down already.

Edited by Jodo
  • Upvote 1

q8nfyvc.gif

Well, as much as Kylo and Pre would love to derail this and make it about me (And goddamn do I love me) and my exit from TEst, its not really the point I was making. Plus it was by all rights a long time ago and I honestly would rather not go into it, because doing so would simply be me and Pinchy shitting on each other. Frankly, I don't want to do that. 

Besides, the actual TEst peeps know where I live. If I was such a shitlord, you guys would have burnt my house down already.

I'm pretty sure I responded to your post, which you have ignored, an Pre hasn't commented in this thread so idk why you're bringing him up.

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

Besides, the actual TEst peeps know where I live. If I was such as big of a shitlord as Pre has stated, you guys would have burnt my house down already.

How else would I know where to send all my spam mailings? ;)

Even if Acadia, NPO, and UPN got together to do something, they don't even equal TKR in score.

Totally.

Building inroads and establishing secure ties with other alliances that make up the current "hegemoney" has never, ever worked before.

That's no way to establish security or gain influence. No way, no how.

One must imagine Sisyphus happy.

I'm gonna put you on pause right there. No, the current spheres are not killing the game. The inability of any opposing faction to coherently put together a FA plan and court like minded alliances is whats killing the game for them. Think about it. BK and friends are not responsible for making the game fun for anyone else other than for its own membership. Thats where our responsibilities end, and theirs begins. It is entirely possible to form a second, third, or even fourth sphere if people put down their pitchforks long enough to gather new members to their cause. But they don't because laziness is the current status quo. Look at the last year of wars. Its the same faces, same sides, only different reasons. Long gone are the days of 'One and done' wars where differences were settled and put aside after a war. Major issues that used to be solved by creative diplomacy and compromise are given a token attempt with no real effort by many of the alliances today. Ironically, they are also the first to point to us and say we are bullies that have no concept of diplomacy. 

Bullshit, I'll give you the fact that most of the opposing alliances are unable to "put together a FA plan" (GotSphere) but saying that the current spheres aren't killing the games politics (killing the game is a bit excessive) is ridiculous. Also it isn't really possible to build a second, third or fourth sphere. The power is all centered in one place, and the ONLY way to break it is to attempt to poach allies from that sphere. And of course, naturally and completely fairly, you aren't going to let people do that. As for the stuff about the same fights over and over, that is on the fault of both sides.

Remember the laziness I spoke about? Here it is. You see, it might be nice to swagger around with high tier nations and roll the occasional alliance due to boredom (Sup TEst) but that doesn't change the fact you are effing lazy. You see, when you circle jerk with only older nations you limit your numbers, and numbers translate directly into FA power. You can't negotiate very much if you have 5 people vs 200. You limit new blood and ideas. That 2 city nation that just joined the game and wants to learn? That might be a future alliance leader. Shit, that dude in a year could be your new goddamn boss if he's smart and learns. But you don't give them a chance, and so they move on to somewhere that will teach them and give them a chance to show what they are made of. Sound familiar? Welcome to BK. Elitism is like playing with a handicap in a game like this. All the possible talent that comes to Orbis can't join you, and instead goes elsewhere. Why? Because you are too lazy to teach people. You are too worried about your next city purchase to pump a newer nation that could buy 4 cities with a day of your income. Elitism isn't something to be proud of. Its a death sentence.

I'm gonna say a random phrase. Go ahead and shout the first thing that comes to mind. Aggressive Neutrals. If you shouted "Thats retarded." congrats. You have been paying attention. You see, paperless doesn't work. You do yourself exactly zero favors by doing this to yourselves. All paperless does for you is make you a wild card, and constant threat to alliances that would otherwise just ignore you or even possibly be friends. If people have to be always on their guard and devote resources to trying to figure out what a bunch of randoms are going to do every single time Orbis does literally anything, they will start to assume you are a constant threat. Hell, that might not even be your intention. But if theres no trust, it will eventually turn to aggression. Thats not even the worst issue you have made for yourselves. You see, others decided that it was a good idea and followed that example. So now there is multiple alliances all running around waving the same 'paperless' flag, hitting the same targets, and jerking each other off. Listen, if you are all dancing to the same tune, the lack of paper doesn't matter. You are still allied. You can't have it both ways.

Yep pretty much agree with all of this. Paperless is stupid, basically anti-social for anti-socials sake. Elitist alliances are bound to stagnate and fall eventually simply because they don't make any new members.

First, you are beyond a doubt a coward. Well, a lazy coward. Pixel hugging lazy coward? Ah eff it, you know where I was going. See, here's the thing... do something. The "Syndisphere" or whatever you call us now isn't entirely to blame here. We can't force you to make another sphere. We can't make you figure out the faults in the strategies of what you are doing. We get it, you want a unique alliance and way of doing things. Thats great! It honestly is. So work at it. We want you to, really. Nothing would make a lot of us happier than to see 4 or more spheres in the game, and some real goddamn diplo work between them. But you just wont do it because you are lazy or have forgotten how. Many of you guys come from other games and have many years of history. Don't sit back and rely on it. Use that experience to go forward and adapt. All quitting will do is leave your friends behind, and tarnish that history you are so proud of. Go out, recruit people. Do some FA work and gather up a few allies. Negotiate a NAP, or defense treaty. Grow. It takes time and constant attention. It's not easy. But if you pick up even half of what I'm putting down in this post, it will be much easier.

Syndi-sphere is not entirely to blame. Blame can be attributed all around, especially with all these alliances signing tonnes of treaties. I do think this is an extremely ignorant pov though. "Oh just make a new sphere, we totally won't do anything about the potential threat to our dominance". Give me a break. Do I blame Syndi-OO for wanting to eliminate potential threats? No, not really. But at the same time, you can't then come out and say"oh just make a new sphere we are totally okay with that".

Truth is, Syndi-oo has complete and undeniable control and it can't be challenged from the outside. Even if all the alliances not currently tied to t$-oo banded together (and they shouldn't have to) and tried to build a coalition, they wouldn't stand any real chance.

The other issue, and the part you are correct in, is that the most of the non t$-OO alliances are just frankly, really shit. So the remaining alliances that aren't shit have to deal with shit alliances. NPO is a prime example, even if most of t$-oo refuses to admit it, they are a pretty strong, solid alliance with a decent amount of potential. What would you propose they do exactly? Magically make all their allies not shit?

This is such a narrow view of the situation and as others have pointed out, is basically just another "git gud" thread. The alliances that are already good aren't to blame for the pixel hugger refuges scattered in the leftovers of paracov+GoT.

Edited by Sketchy
  • Upvote 5

XLL3z4T.gif

What's adorable about this thread is that it basically shits on everything Jodo has "stood for" as a leader/player. I'm not complaining about the rolling, I was complaining about the spying during the whole war system offline to gain an edge when (as should be obvious now) an edge wasn't needed. Your edge is your numbers, numbers of actives at that. We do what we want, and how we want to do it. I've been saying for months now the hegemoney will roll paperless, the only question being if it happens before or after splintering/splitting happens. We've known that, this situation is no surprise. We're not out to win the game. We're not out to become part of a hegemoney. I've been on top of this game already, and it's boring, so I decided not to make that my goal while leading TEst.

You don't get to tell us how to play the game. You don't get to tell us how to run TEst (thank god, you did horrid). We're not complaining about getting rolled, well some members aren't happy but that's always the case. Like I said this scenario was a foregone conclusion. If we cared about overthrowing your hegemoney we would've fully committed to the last war and not just hit Pantheon. We could have also rallied all alliances against you between then and now, but here's the important thing, you ignorant fool, that's not our goal.

You don't get to tell us how to play the game. You can't make us form a sphere to counter you. You can't make us stop fighting people who piss us off, even if you view those as wars of boredom. Enjoy sitting on top, we don't care that you're there. 

EDIT: Lol, and I almost forgot.. When UPN/VE/Rose etc.. were all signed and looked like hegemoney (but weren't due to lack of meaningful fighters), your side !@#$ed about them being a hegemoney and should break up. So yeah, pot kettle and all that jazz. 

Did I mention spies in the OP? I mean, I'm tired, but I don't think I did?

Play the game how you want. Please do. All I'm doing is offering my personal insight on why that may or may not work out so well. Thanks for letting me know how horrid I am I guess? You seemed to enjoy it at the time. I guess I was distracted with hanging out with the members playing games, hearing about their families, growing up, or blowing up charities with the boys for low income school kids. I still got the thank you cards. I don't recall you being around much then. Or... well, much of ever.

Ah well. I'm only rubbish.

q8nfyvc.gif