Make city deletions possible

ComradeMilton

• 2 weeks later...

Sheepy doesn't love you

Jl0McAJ.gif

Mans two modes of existence can be thought of as his light and dark side. He is either the Protector or the Ravager. The Immovable Object or the Unstoppable Force.

While I would be for this, I think one consequence is that winning alliances may force city deletions upon losing alliances. 

Which is exactly what would happen. It would only take one or two coalition beatdowns that end in surrender city deletion terms for the game to split into a super-untouchable tier and a bottom beatdown tier. I've seen it in other games and while people initially think its great to be "winning" it very quickly kills the "fun" in playing. You need a certain base level of protection for loosing factions so they can eventually rebuild and stir up trouble again to keep things interesting.  

bird_pol3_zps3dfs1gxb.png

Which is exactly what would happen. It would only take one or two coalition beatdowns that end in surrender city deletion terms for the game to split into a super-untouchable tier and a bottom beatdown tier. I've seen it in other games and while people initially think its great to be "winning" it very quickly kills the "fun" in playing. You need a certain base level of protection for loosing factions so they can eventually rebuild and stir up trouble again to keep things interesting.  

It doesn't need to be. Just say no and give me the ability to control my city count.

GICjEwp.gif

While I would be for this, I think one consequence is that winning alliances may force city deletions upon losing alliances. 

I don't that would really be an issue since the same thing can be done with land, but I've never seen that happen. (correct me if I'm wrong).

Even though I can't really see it being useful, it should be an option. Freedom of choice is an important aspect of PW.

I don't that would really be an issue since the same thing can be done with land, but I've never seen that happen. (correct me if I'm wrong).

Even though I can't really see it being useful, it should be an option. Freedom of choice is an important aspect of PW.

Land doesn't really do all that much aside from boosting food production. However, military units are directly tied to city counts. And generally, those with more cities can rebuild quicker, meaning if you imposed city deletion surrender terms on an alliance, it would delay them becoming a threat for longer whereas if you forced them to delete land, it doesn't really benefit you. You could make a case that people don't normally impose project deletion surrender terms though. 

Land doesn't really do all that much aside from boosting food production. However, military units are directly tied to city counts. And generally, those with more cities can rebuild quicker, meaning if you imposed city deletion surrender terms on an alliance, it would delay them becoming a threat for longer whereas if you forced them to delete land, it doesn't really benefit you. You could make a case that people don't normally impose project deletion surrender terms though. 

You can delete projects? I didn't know that.

If you have 0 land you also have 100% disease rate. But it's an example that applies with quite a few other things like improvement or projects as you said, which significantly affect economy.