Okay everyone, the long anticipated war update has been pushed live. Here are a list of the changes made:
- Wars now have a system called 'resistance'. Each sides starts the war with 100 resistance, and resistance is reduced through every attack. When your opponent's resistance reaches 0, you take 20% of their money, 10% of each of their resources, and automatically destroys 10% of the infrastructure in each of their cities. They are sent to Beige, but for only 2 days. This is to add a more visual component to wars, and encourage people to want to win wars.
- Tank casualties have been reduced by half in Ground Battles. This is to help make wars less expensive.
- Loot amounts are listed in Timelines.
- Nuclear weapons no longer send the opponent immediately to beige
- When winning a war and sending an opponent to beige, if they are already beige you will not reset them back to 2 days, you will instead add 2 days to their beige time. This is a buff to players who are losing multiple wars.
- Fortify military action has been added which costs 3 MAPs, increases your resistance by 10, and causes your opponent to take 10% more casualties if they attack you while you're fortified
- You cannot destroy Missiles and Nukes that have been built that day
- Gather Intelligence espionage operations will not count against the target's daily limit of spy operations. This will combat espionage slot filling.
- Ships killed in Airstrikes reduced by 5%
Non-related war changes:
- Read receipts added to messages
- Link to Discord channel added to the sidebar
- Military purchase fields default to the maximum number you can buy
- Must complete a captcha to execute Espionage operations
- Ability to disable baseball team
- Players online count added to sidebar
- Will begin tracking Infrastructure Lost, as well as Money Looted
Hopefully everyone will be able to find a change they like here. It will take some time to adjust to the changes in mechanics, but I trust that things will move along smoothly and we'll quickly be able to resolve and kinks in the update.
All nations have been granted temporary Beige protection, for (at least) the next 12 turns. New war declarations have been enabled, so if you're feeling particularly antsy, you can leave Beige early and fight each other if you'd like.
The next update will be sometime in the next two weeks, and will be related to the Espionage system.