Disabling Espionage on Beige Nations

Alex

• Administrators

I'm inclined to make this change because of the new buff to spies and their ability to kill enemy units. Being able to take 3 espionage operations a day, a single update could yield between 6-30% of (presumably your aircraft) killed. I think that will be a significant hindrance to nations trying to recover on beige, and imo it makes sense to protect them from that.

But before I add that change into the update, I just wanted to make a post to see what the initial feedback was. Thoughts?

• Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Administrators

You'd also prevent the beiged nation from doing espionage, right?

Correct.

• Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

My only worry is that everyone in a losing alliance might end up being in beige so often we can barely spy them.

Could gather intelligence and/or sabotage missiles/nukes be allowed to pass through beige? 

Edited by Woot

My only worry is that everyone in a losing alliance might end up being in beige so often we can barely spy them.

Could gather intelligence and/or sabotage be allowed to pass through beige? 

First assumptions would be ALL espionage operations would be off....but If I do recall  correctly intelligence doesn't count for a nation's attempts? So would that just be allowed? 

• Upvote 2

Seems to me that these proposed changes haven't been thoroughly thought out and this is simply a patch to something that will obviously be broken.  Alex, I seriously hope you have a whiteboard with post it notes with which you've been looking at the logic structure of your rule changes!

Priest of Dio

You should've added this back when you added spys tbh.

• Upvote 1

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Smashing someone's conventional military during beige using spies seems pretty unfair: I think you should go for the change. However, I'm also agreed with Spooner, leave spies/intelligence/nuke/missile spying alone as they aren't affected by the 6-30% buff anyways.

Edited by Beowulf the Second
  • Upvote 2

01:58:39 <BeowulftheSecond> Belisarius of The Byzantine Empire has sent your nation $0.00, 0.00 food, 0.00 coal, 0.00 oil, 0.00 uranium, 0.00 lead, 0.00 iron, 0.00 bauxite, 0.00 gasoline, 0.00 munitions, 1,000.00 steel, and 0.00 aluminum from the alliance bank of Rose.
01:58:46 <BeowulftheSecond> someone please explain 
01:59:12 <%Belisarius> sleep deprivatin is a &#33;@#&#036; @_@
01:59:14 â€” %Belisarius shrugs
01:59:18 <BeowulftheSecond> we're at WAR. WE ARE BURNING EACH OTHER'S PIXELS

• Administrators

I like Spooner's idea, but I think I'll wait and implement this and some other spy changes in the next update.

• Upvote 1

Forums Rules | Game Link

Good idea if gather intelligence is still always allowed

I think this makes sense. It's in the spirit of the mechanic to protect the beige nation.

Still allowing gather intelligence would be ideal.

Personally, I'm of the opinion that only Gather Intelligence should be allowed by Beige nations and when targeting Beige nations. All other espionage actions should be disabled.

I agree with those saying allow the gather intel, but disabling others.

echoing the sentiment that beiged nations should be protected from all spy ops other than Gather Intelligence. Otherwise you're just making a broken nation have even less of a chance to fight back (besides wasn't this always the rule?)

4DKO1Df450x175_zps30h9x0af.png