Richard Wagner - Any admirers/listeners in Politics & War?

----

Do any persons in this game, apart from me, enjoy the operas of Richard Wagner? If so, are your reasons for appreciating his music purely æsthetic/musicological or are there political dimensions that appeal to you?

I would like to identify and cultivate a sort of 'Wagner circle' in this game.

• Upvote 1

I enjoy Wagner, Grieg, Berlioz and Mussorgsky. Mostly their popular pieces.

My all time favorites though for Classical Music in general are Beethoven, Tchaikovsky, Vivaldi, Donizetti and Bach.

Edited by The King in Yellow

I enjoy Wagner, Grieg, Berlioz and Mussorgsky. Mostly their popular pieces.

My all time favorites though for Classical Music in general are Beethoven, Tchaikovsky, Vivaldi, Donizetti and Bach.

Tchaikovsky in all manifestations is excellent. I have no words for Simfoniya No. 5, especially the last half of the fourth movement. I can go on and on about Tchaikovsky, especially the wonderful harmonic combinations that he releases in each piece.

As a side not, I am very sensitive to musical pitch. Each note and chord has its own distinct association for me. For example, the same musical piece, if transposed into two different keys, but otherwise unaltered, would sound like two different pieces to me.     

Back to Wagner. My curiosity about Wagner's popularity in Orbis partly results from seeing so many persons playing as Germanic-themed nations and joining similarly themed alliances. I am simply curious if any of these 'Germanics' are also musical Wagnerites (not counting on many, but expecting at least a few.) 

Edited by Klemens Hawicki

Tchaikovsky in all manifestations is excellent. I have no words for Simfoniya No. 5, especially the last half of the fourth movement. I can go on and on about Tchaikovsky, especially the wonderful harmonic combinations that he releases in each piece.

As a side not, I am very sensitive to musical pitch. Each note and chord has its own distinct association for me. For example, the same musical piece, if transposed into two different keys, but otherwise unaltered, would sound like two different pieces to me.     

That is why it is called having an ear for music. If you are able to discern even the slightest pitch change from one instrument, or a voice, or a plucked chord- and can differentiate it to even another instrument of the same family, you have an ear for music. I frustrate my wife sometimes when listening to certain songs because I will call something lousy due to a bad note when she cannot hear a damned thing that I catch, yet my hearing is not as good as hers due to too many years as a roadie and bassist.