Temple of the Dark King [FT]

Alterra

Naked, she sat perched on a stone in the center of the pool.  Suspended in mid-air above her head, a single flame with an emerald green glow danced gently while she meditated and focused her mind and her energy, illuminating the chamber. She had spent the last three weeks on this journey, going from one marker to the next - spanning nearly 12 galaxies and 4 universes - following the directions as laid out in the sacred scroll. One of her hands brushed the water and a spark of emerald fire danced across the surface of the liquid.  Her hand touched it a second time and the entire pool ignited, the flames coalescing before her into a frame of sorts. 

Romana opened her eyes, looking into the frame she could see them - the stone and the tablet. She opened her hand and the flames drew into her palm forming into a stone tablet - similar to the one seen in the frame, but this one had different markings. She read carefully, over and over.

"Abaddon placed the key in his treasure box, concealing it in the time before now, but after this. The key, [this portion is too damaged decipher], and the alter lay open, awaiting the Light and the truth that comes with Truth Evermoure."

She waved her hand over the stone face and the tablet vanished in the same green fire that seemed common place around the Alterran Empress. Romana took a deep breath and stood to her feet, seemingly without effort or difficulty.  She stepped out on the water, walking across the surface until reaching the marble floor on the other side. As she left the room, the fire, seemed to withdraw itself into her body - almost as if her skin absorbed it.

She entered her bedroom and prepared herself, putting on fairly casual attire and then walking out into the hall on Deck One of the AIN Piercing The Darkness. She entered the turbolift and called out, "Bridge."

A few seconds later, the doors opened and the Empress stepped out onto the bridge of the advanced temporal research vessel. Commander Na'tan Duvaine was seated in the Command Chair, checking read outs of the ships sensors and monitoring for temporal fluctuations. As Romana stepped up to him, the Commander smiled, "Empress, you'll be pleased to know that I've identified a unique signature, like the one you had shown me last week and with your command, we could emerged from the Rift in moments."

"Show me." Romana said, excited to hear the news, but careful not to sound overly so.

Duvaine accessed a file and pulled it up on the holographic interface, allowing Romana to open the file and view it, which she did - watching the readings - and isolating one specific one which had a path that lead to

Specific Fabric. "I'm showing PW-1. Confirm?"

"I confirm, your Majesty." the Commander replied.

Romana nodded. "Set course, Commander. Prepare for entry to Sector…"

She stopped and checked the exact coordinates before continuing, "Sector 001, 745.145.654.010"

The Commander called out, "Helm. Set a course! 745.145.654.010, Sector 001."

"Course entered." the Helmsperson replied.

"Engage." Commander Duvaine ordered, as the ship began it's journey to it's destination.

EDGE OF A SINGLE YELLOW G-TYPE STAR SYSTEM

A ribbon of light is drawn across the fabric of space time as the bow of a vessel almost elegantly begins to emerge from beneath layers of subspace. Were it not for a few cloudy fumes of putrid Rift energies seeping outward - attempting escape - one might think that the vessel were decloaking. The ship seemed to ease into normal space-time, stabilizing as the Rift fissure sealed itself, almost as if the ribbon of light that opened, were retracted, closing the fissure. The shields of the ship, still swirling remnants of the putrid energies about. 

"Location?" the Commander asked.

"We appear to be at the edge…of the Sol System. The universe is labeled as…PW-1." The Helmsman replied.  He then continued, "Per the coordinates entered, we are at the edge of the Oort Cloud, but still within it."

Romana looked out the viewer at the open expanse before her, she quietly stated, "Orbis. They call it the Orbis System."

Commander Duvaine looked at her quizzically, "Ma'am?"

The Empress smiled, "As this verse's energy and mine touch and interact, I learn bits and pieces about it. I learn my limitations and my allowances. In this case, some knowledge. The natives of this verse call this system "Orbis"."

Romana touched a few keys on the holo-interface and stated to the Commander, "Begin temporal scans."

"Do you have a specific marker to look for? Or should we go with a broad band scan?" Duvaine asked.

Romana thought for a moment. "Begin broad - we'll isolate more once the data comes in. In the meantime, deploy AEON in the local vicinity and use it to amplify your scan strength in all temporal flux points and frequencies."

She smiled, "I feel it. This is the one."

The Commander set to work on implementing the Empress's orders. As he tapped keys and interfaced with the ship's computer - septillions of pinpricks of light appear for a microsecond all around the system. If one were to be monitoring for such disturbances, they would appear evenly spaced, but holding no discernable mass nor having any discernable effect. No readable matter. The lights flash - each so small that it would not be noticeable by the naked eye.

• Upvote 3

Founding Member of The Union of Multiversal States
PW-1 Capital: AIN Piercing The Darkness
Expedition Leader: Empress Romana Wolf
Military Commander: Commander Na'tan Duvaine

As the scans began, Romana made her way to a Command Console and began analyzing data as it came in, inputting search parameters, sorting points of interest, and configuring spectral and temporal frequencies to identify specific variables. She had something in mind, but wanted to be sure to keep an eye open for anything of interest.

A tone was heard coming from the temporal flux station, another from the helm.  Lieutenant Commander Murcia turned from the temporal flux station to the Empress and said, "Majesty - I am picking up several temporal signatures, each emanating from a point approximately .7341 nanoseconds ahead of our present time frame. The signals are all coming from a point approximately 200 AU from our present location."

The Empress nodded, "Do we have any context on the signals?"

Murcia shook her head, "I'm afraid not. I am not sure what each signal represents, however I do believe that we could effect the time shift from this distance safely and potentially use the IRIS system to get better readings."

Romana looked to Duvaine, as if to ask his opinion on the matter.  The Commander nodded in agreement, "I believe the Lieutenant Commander is correct. We could potentially get a better read with IRIS."

Romana turned to the helm and asked, "I heard something from your area. What is happening?"

Lieutenant Solis replied, "I'm picking up an inordinate number of VOID and Rift signatures within the Kuiper Belt boundaries - most emanating near the star and several others further in the system."

Romana turned her attentions to the tactical scans coming from the helm.  "I wonder what the situation is."

Commander Duvaine gave the order, "Flux Station, identify target coordinates and store them for a future incursion. Once you've secured your targets, identify."

Turning to the Tactical station, he continued, "Prepare to engage the Cloak and Helm - be ready to enter the Rift on my order."

Romana studied the signatures and cross-referenced them with the ship's database.  She shook her head in disbelief.  She stated wryly, "Well…it figures."

The Commander cocked his head, "Ma'am?"

The Empress replied, "I'm picking up Pordish, Mri, Triskel, Brotherhood, and Kressnian signatures in the system. And Naxids."

At first the Commander looked relieved to hear that it was the signatures of allies in the Orbis sytem…until he heard the word "Naxid".  He instantly took a battle stance, "Empress - we must return you to The WellSpring."

She shook her head, "Your concern is touching Commander, but unwarranted. What you will do is direct our helm to bring us closer to the Earth of this system and make contact with our UMS allies. You will also contact The High Guard. Request the Spirit of Alterra fleet, specify that I require Supreme Commander Derweduwen."

Duvaine turned to the helm, "You heard Her Majesty. Bring us to the Third Rock from the Star. Upon arrival - make contact with our allies."

"Comms -" Duvaine continued, "Contact The High Guard. We need back up."

[This thread is on hold until after The Grand Entrance story]

Founding Member of The Union of Multiversal States
PW-1 Capital: AIN Piercing The Darkness
Expedition Leader: Empress Romana Wolf
Military Commander: Commander Na'tan Duvaine