One moment which defined 2016

Kastor

The breaking of paracov imo

• Upvote 1

Roll Squeegee pact with Redarmy and Ameyuri

Blues Brothers pact with Redarmy

Leader of the Elyion Resistance. If it's backed by NPO, you know it's evil

In terms of relevance (since GPA had no impact whatsoever on the politics of Orbis), I'd say maybe Partisan stepping down as t$ FA.

The Rose-Mensa treaty would be a very good candidate as well imo.

It's hard to put one event over another. Partisan stepping down is a big one, Paragone is another that really marks the end of an era of allies. Treasure Island isn't all that big in the grand scheme, it's much more related to the pixels than the politics. Valyria sphere could be up there. But tbh I would have to say that the defining moment of 2016 was Rose's blitz and declaration on TKR and Guardian. If ever I have seen a nail in the coffin, that was it. The absolute total assertion of the Syndi-OO hegemoney. Not that it wasn't evident prior to Silent, but since that point the question of toppling the hegemoney was no longer seen as achievable by outside pressure, and if it were to ever happen it wouldn't be because of the actions of Paracov or anyone else, it is now widely accepted that it can only end if and when Syndi-OO will it to.

I would say that the start of The Silent War is the definitive moment of 2016. 

bw0643E.gif

In terms of relevance (since GPA had no impact whatsoever on the politics of Orbis), I'd say maybe Partisan stepping down as t$ FA.

The Rose-Mensa treaty would be a very good candidate as well imo.

It was the end of an era and a social paradigm shift. Though it may not have been a huge political impact, it was the end of the Neutral Menace.

It was the end of an era and a social paradigm shift. Though it may not have been a huge political impact, it was the end of the Neutral Menace.

Hm, there's still The Fighting Pacifists doe. >.> Plus some alliances like WTF who keep pixel hugging, even tho in theory they're not neutral, as they have a few optional treaties if I'm not mistaken.

But I do understand what you mean and it makes sense. I don't see it as the single most crucial event of 2016, however I understand why other people would think otherwise. For the reasons you mentioned and because GPA was one of the oldest alliances in the game (created on August 5th of 2014 iirc, like Guardian, TEst, SK and maybe another one I might be forgetting). And they even topped the alliance leaderboards! :blush:

So imo GPA's disbandment had some importance, just not as much as a few other events of 2016. Curious to see how the voting for this particular category will go.  :)

Edited by Insert Name Here

Hm, there's still The Fighting Pacifists doe. >.> Plus some alliances like WTF who keep pixel hugging, even tho in theory they're not neutral, as they have a few optional treaties if I'm not mistaken.

But I do understand what you mean and it makes sense. I don't see it as the single most crucial event of 2016, however I understand why other people would think otherwise. For the reasons you mentioned and because GPA was one of the oldest alliances in the game (created on August 5th of 2014 iirc, like Guardian, TEst, SK and maybe another one I might be forgetting). And they even topped the alliance leaderboards! :blush:

So imo GPA's disbandment had some importance, just not as much as a few other events of 2016. Curious to see how the voting for this particular category will go.  :)

Imo the disbandment of an alliance as ancient as GPA takes precedence over the quarrels of other alliances that year.

XLL3z4T.gif