Valyria protects Order of Storm + Gov Changes

Bradley

Delighted to announce that Valyria will hereby be protecting Order of Storms. Although it's been months in the making, we are very excited to be working with a good group of people who share our values and ambitions. 

cGksU6t.jpg

In addition to this, we also have some government changes to announce. Morgan has left his post, and has joined our allies over at Nights Watch in a leadership position. He is still considered a Valyrian. We all thank him for his hard work, and hope to see his return soon. Also, effective as of this post, I am temporarily standing down as Dragonlord Minster to allow me to focus on IRL stuff. Verin will take over, and I will return in the new year.

The triumvirate is now as follows;

Dragonlord Jakeman (IA)

Dragonlord Veirn (FA)

Dragonlord Bluebear (MA)

That is all.

• Upvote 6

Best of luck to the new leadership, and to OOS moving forward in their endeavours

• Upvote 1

Roll Squeegee pact with Redarmy and Ameyuri

Blues Brothers pact with Redarmy

Leader of the Elyion Resistance. If it's backed by NPO, you know it's evil

So another protectorate that will either cancel you or disband?

Come on mate. No need for that. Making us out to be the bad guys here, but we're just trying to do what's best for us. Nobody should be called out for that. 

"What's best for us"

Valyria had no intention maintaining Oblivion protection if their other protectors swapped spheres. It was a choice I personally asked Oblivion to consider, going with us or Rose. They chose, no hard feelings. Now, Kastor that's what was best for us given the potential circumstances we could have been pushed into having to protect an alliance protected by alliances on both spheres. Any alliance acts in their best interests and that is certainly no different with Valyria. 

While it may be acceptable practice for an alliance to have multiple protectors on opposite sides of the treaty web, Valyria exercised its right to ask Oblivion to consider the ramifications of being protected by two alliances with nearly opposite foreign affairs paths. Oblivion then exercised its right to withdraw from Valyrian protection. 

Edited by Morgan

Valyria had no intention maintaining Oblivion protection if their other protectors swapped spheres. It was a choice I personally asked Oblivion to consider, going with us or Rose. They chose, no hard feelings. Now, Kastor that's what was best for us given the potential circumstances we could have been pushed into having to protect an alliance protected by alliances on both spheres. Any alliance acts in their best interests and that is certainly no different with Valyria. 

While it may be acceptable practice for an alliance to have multiple protectors on opposite sides of the treaty web, Valyria exercised its right to ask Oblivion to consider the ramifications of being protected by two alliances with nearly opposite foreign affairs paths. Oblivion then exercised its right to withdraw from Valyrian protection.

You seem to have a boner for Oblivion because no one ever mentioned or were thinking about them.

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

You seem to have a boner for Oblivion because no one ever mentioned or were thinking about them.

My comment was in response to Keegoz's. It was logical for me then to respond to your baseless quote of my response to Keegoz. 

There is a difference between 2 protectors signing a protectorate with an alliance and then when one protector goes in a different FA direction, you asking them to drop them, and the reality of what you guys did.

Oblivion was already protected by Rose. You came in with the specific intention of pulling them into your sphere, and have them drop Rose. That was your goal from the beginning, and it's painfully obvious to everyone involved. Rose signing Mensa forced your hand and made you accelerate your plans and then they backfired because you underestimated the loyalty of Oblivion because you didn't do enough research before attempting to poach them. 

Your entire FA path has been intentionally antagonistic towards us so I'm not entirely sure why you are surprised by or feigning offense to the reaction.

• Upvote 2

XLL3z4T.gif