opt-out of this stupid !@#$ bs

Ayayay

The only thing worse than kastor are these stupid !@#$ing awards spam. I demand an opt-out option cause !@#$ y'all and your stupid !@#$ing awards bullshit.

By opt-out I mean a button that will remove all related in-game emblems obv.

• Upvote 1

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

idgaf about that, I simply dislike you and these stupid awards

• Upvote 1

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

• 2 weeks later...

Again, it's ridiculous to award nations and (ESPECIALLY) alliances officially in game with this crap. It's ridiculous to cement some alliance in game by giving them an award like "best alliance in the game" because that creates a false illusion to new players about where they should go. It's completely ridiculous to give an alliance this kind of advantage, and most of all BECAUSE THIS IS BEING DECIDED BY A !@#$ing POPULARITY CONTEST. It doesn't even matter who the best alliance is or who the most improved alliance is. The only thing that matters in this is who the circle jerk thinks is the best or most improved alliance.

I'm all for a little fun in getting this organized to see what people think, but to make it immortal in the game officially is just plain stupid.

@Alex You're making a massive mistake with this.

• Upvote 1

gkt70Td.png

So much butthurt from some cosmetic additions.

Can you all put down the circlejerk for just like 2 minutes to actually put some thought into what you read and say on these forums? Or do you honestly believe new players will look at those awards and think "Ah, this is completely meaningless. Better pay no mind to it at all."

*facepalm*

gkt70Td.png

Can you all put down the circlejerk for just like 2 minutes to actually put some thought into what you read and say on these forums? Or do you honestly believe new players will look at those awards and think "Ah, this is completely meaningless. Better pay no mind to it at all."

*facepalm*

Well, you're right.  I'd hate to get more players like you who are making a huge deal out of a cosmetic addition.  The fact that people have Beta awards on their profile, and random speed round awards, gosh darn - I'm triggered!

• Downvote 1

Two things are true at the same time here. Ingame stuff being based on forum based pure popularity contests is silly and getting yourself up in a snit about having the results of a popularity contest displayed somewhere is silly.

• Upvote 1

Two things are true at the same time here. Ingame stuff being based on forum based pure popularity contests is silly and getting yourself up in a snit about having the results of a popularity contest displayed somewhere is silly.

I don't care if they're displayed in nation, but when alliances are also getting awards like "Best alliance in the game" and "best military in the game" etc being displayed officially in game, that's a problem. That influences the choices of new players when they're deciding on what to join, because whether you like it or not, they don't know that those awards are just based on a completely worthless popularity contest that means absolutely nothing. You and I know that. New players don't. So it's NOT just cosmetic. The fact it's displayed as being official, which is what Alex is making it, lends credibility to the claim however false it may or may not be. That influences new player decision. That's bad. I can see why Buorhann wouldn't care and would want to pretend like it's completely cosmetic and not an issue since he only stands to benefit from it, but it's odd that you would be okay with NPO getting an official award displayed on its alliance page denouncing it as one of the worst alliances, which is completely possible based on how these nominations are going, again regardless of whether or not it's true.

Edited by hadesflames

gkt70Td.png

That's bad. I can see why Buorhann wouldn't care and would want to pretend like it's completely cosmetic and not an issue since he only stands to benefit from it, but it's odd that you would be okay with NPO getting an official award displayed on its alliance page denouncing it as one of the worst alliances, which is completely possible based on how these nominations are going, again regardless of whether or not it's true.

You are one dense kid.  Like, holy shit, go take a break from this game or something.

• Downvote 1

Well, you're right.  I'd hate to get more players like you who are making a huge deal out of a cosmetic addition.  The fact that people have Beta awards on their profile, and random speed round awards, gosh darn - I'm triggered!

The point is that some awards were actually achieved -- in an objective sense. For example UPN finished as the #1 alliance in both rounds and so on. It would be cool if we had more badges for this round like "longest running alliance at #1" or "alliances with the most kills" or whatever else, that reflect objective measurables. I don't have an issue with the cosmetic changes in principle, for something like "best military alliance of the year" and it ending up at Mensa (which is most likely true), but can see the logic behind the criticism of it being a popularity contest. Especially with newer players/recruits, who may not be aware that it was purely voted on by people on the forums.

tl;dr: My take is that awards should be based on objective measurables, not subjective opinions. 

Edited by Saru

200px-UPN.svg.png

Second in Command of UPN

I don't care if they're displayed in nation, but when alliances are also getting awards like "Best alliance in the game" and "best military in the game" etc being displayed officially in game, that's a problem. That influences the choices of new players when they're deciding on what to join, because whether you like it or not, they don't know that those awards are just based on a completely worthless popularity contest that means absolutely nothing. You and I know that. New players don't. So it's NOT just cosmetic. The fact it's displayed as being official, which is what Alex is making it, lends credibility to the claim however false it may or may not be. That influences new player decision. That's bad. I can see why Buorhann wouldn't care and would want to pretend like it's completely cosmetic and not an issue since he only stands to benefit from it, but it's odd that you would be okay with NPO getting an official award displayed on its alliance page denouncing it as one of the worst alliances, which is completely possible based on how these nominations are going, again regardless of whether or not it's true.

I'll live.

Dude, chill. I see where you are coming from with this. However, it'll probably be something like below as opposed to "Best Alliance."

I would chuckle if it does not say that it is a "Voter's Choice Award".

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

If this is introduced in-game, will the winners from 2014 and 2015 also have their awards added?

I also suggest moving those threads over to this forum. Because if we're having a subforum for yearly awards, we might as well. :P

I can dig up the old nomination and results threads.

Edited by Kurdanak
xzhPlEh.png?1

If this is introduced in-game, will the winners from 2014 and 2015 also have their awards added?

I also suggest moving those threads over to this forum. Because if we're having a subforum for yearly awards, we might as well. :P

I can dig up the old nomination and results threads.

Mensa won everything.

200px-UPN.svg.png

Second in Command of UPN