Politics and War Awards - Discussion Thread

Kastor

Most Missed Player (Player that has gone inactive/quit): Drew Pickles

WISD0MTREE, dude, it's time to move on. :P

assuming something bad didn't happen to him IRL or something ._.

Edited by Kurdanak
  • Upvote 1
xzhPlEh.png?1

I could argue against that.  A person may work hard, but that person can also make some terrible decisions and contribute to horrible communication between their allies.

Are you discussing in this discussion thread!?!?!?!?

<3

Certainly. Does that matter, as a leader of an alliance, though? Does being a good leader imply that your allies need to communicate well, or is your responsibility only to your own membership? I could make the case that ally communication is a luxury.

And terrible decisions could be subjective. I'd argue that if your membership wants you to make what most would consider to be a terrible decision and you do it, you're not an AWFUL leader.

Slaughter the shits of the world. They poison the air you breathe.

~ William S. Burroughs

Both Buorhann and Manthrax are wrong. There's only one thing that makes a good leader: being Clarke's sister. o/

Can confirm this is 100% accurate. \o/

"They say the secret to success is being at the right place at the right time. But since you never know when the right time is going to be, I figure the trick is to find the right place and just hang around!"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<Kastor> He left and my !@#$ nation is !@#$ed up. And the Finance guy refuses to help. He just writes his !@#$ plays.

<Kastor> And laughs and shit.

<Kastor> And gives out !@#$ huge loans to Arthur James, that !@#$ bastard.

Shameless plug for SK in the best forum category: http://7kingdoms.net/pw/

Mikey puts a ton of work (and money) into maintaining our forums, and I just wanted to give him a shout out. He's done an excellent job, come check them out if you haven't already! 

• Upvote 1

Hullo

I could argue against that.  A person may work hard, but that person can also make some terrible decisions and contribute to horrible communication between their allies.

I don't think you could call him the worst alliance leader for the year, the alliance still exists and that is 10x better than what most leaders are able to accomplish.

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.

WORST CATEGORIES

Worst Alliance of the Year: UPN

Worst Military of the Year: TFP

Worst Diplomatic Move: Disbandment of Paragon

Most Inactive Large Alliance: VE

Alliance Most Likely to Fail in 2017: Oblivion 

Worst Player of the Year: Park

Worst Alliance Leader of the Year: Hansarius

Worst Treaty of the Year: -

Worst Forum Poster: -

Glad you're not salty over Oblivion cancelling you.

Edited by Keegoz
  • Upvote 5

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.

I feel like the bad leader category is clogged up with people who are good leaders but didn't win.

For example, Roq (hi Roq, hope you don't mind the namedrop) is not at all a bad leader. He works hard and from all outward appearance his moves are representative of what his membership wants to do.

I think that category is being coupled with "political success" in a way that doesn't have too much to do with leadership. Good leaders can lose. It's often harder to do that than winning.

It's hard to know how good or bad of a leader someone is if you've never been led by them. My own judgement for that category came down to performance and decisions of the alliance to whom the leader is responsible. It's also got the aspect of expectations vs reality.

Steve was pegged as "most likely to succeed in 2016".

Edited by Vack
  • Upvote 1

bw0643E.gif

It's hard to know how good or bad of a leader someone is if you've never been led by them. My own judgement for that category came down to performance and decisions of the alliance to whom the leader is responsible. It's also got the aspect of expectations vs reality.

Steve was pegged as "most likely to succeed in 2016".

https://politicsandwar.com/forums/index.php?/topic/10640-2015-politics-war-awards-results/

If you're going off the last results, he wasn't. :P

On 3/16/2016 at 9:54 PM, Lykos said:

Our next move is obviously rolling LordStrum. 

In that case, Pre lied >:v

He said on Kastorium yesterday that Steve was voted for that one last year. 

*Edits post in a state of mild disgruntlement*

bw0643E.gif

I feel like the bad leader category is clogged up with people who are good leaders but didn't win.

For example, Roq (hi Roq, hope you don't mind the namedrop) is not at all a bad leader. He works hard and from all outward appearance his moves are representative of what his membership wants to do.

I think that category is being coupled with "political success" in a way that doesn't have too much to do with leadership. Good leaders can lose. It's often harder to do that than winning.

I don't mind it at all. I'm thankful that you are divorcing your assessments from the spots people occupy on the political spectrum. Really appreciate it.

I don't think you could call him the worst alliance leader for the year, the alliance still exists and that is 10x better than what most leaders are able to accomplish.

I know it's subjective, but of course there's the usual people who are going to fail at leading alliances - they usually don't last a couple of months or so.

However, there's some alliances that are pretty high up in expectations.  I try to look at those.

I think next year, if I'm still around, I'll be nominating some random lowbie alliances that don't grow.  Then send them a message about it.

Be like, "Hey, I just nominated you for Worst Leader here.  What are you going to do about it?"    Probably nothing, but still - there's potential for amusement.

• Downvote 1

I guess since roq posted I can make this one comment -

Thank you to everyone who nominated me for worst forum poster and most hated poster. I worked really hard to get this and I'm really happy that you guys see it.

I would like to thank the Academy for teaching me the shitpost, Roquentin, Saru and others for nominating me, Insert Name Here for campaigning for me, and the Black Knights for provoking a war and letting me get my free speech. I would like to thank NPO because they were very supportive of me. I also would like to thank Four for his hard work in only grooming the best shitposts, the mods, and Steve Buscemi.

• Upvote 1

:sheepy:  :sheepy:  :sheepy:  :sheepy:               :sheepy:              :sheepy: :sheepy: :sheepy: :sheepy:

Greatkitteh was here.-

I guess since roq posted I can make this one comment -

Thank you to everyone who nominated me for worst forum poster and most hated poster. I worked really hard to get this and I'm really happy that you guys see it.

I would like to thank the Academy for teaching me the shitpost, Roquentin, Saru and others for nominating me, Insert Name Here for campaigning for me, and the Black Knights for provoking a war and letting me get my free speech. I would like to thank NPO because they were very supportive of me. I also would like to thank Four for his hard work in only grooming the best shitposts, the mods, and Steve Buscemi.

I look forward to your next warn and subsequent temp forum ban.

• Upvote 1

scSqPGJ.gif

I look forward to your next warn and subsequent temp forum ban.

It was a legit campaign though and definately not spam. It had words, a purpose, and a relevance.

:sheepy:  :sheepy:  :sheepy:  :sheepy:               :sheepy:              :sheepy: :sheepy: :sheepy: :sheepy:

Greatkitteh was here.-

^ this, so much!

And definitely this one!! https://politicsandwar.com/forums/index.php?/topic/16544-test-declaration-of-war/#entry278287

lolol

BREAKING NEWS: "Worst Alliance Leader of the Year" nominations for Roquentin inexplicably spike!

It's a sekret bargaining stragety to threaten othet alliances what might happen of war breaks out and I can post more.

Greatkitteh was here.-

I was going to submit an entry. Even copied the template and began to write down alliance names. By the Most Improved Alliance part I realized that I didn't even care that much to begin with. So here I am whining about it. In short - best alliance and leader awards go out to NPO and her allies. Worst goes to Mensa, Arrgh, BK and the like.

Image result for franklin d roosevelt yalta conference