*NEW* Role Play Development

BE ADVISED - THIS DISCUSSION IS FOR THE NEW 'FREE' ROLE PLAY THAT WAS PREVIOUSLY DISCUSSED. THIS NEW 'FREE' PLAY ROLE PLAY IS NO-WAY CONNECTED TO THE NATIONAL ROLE PLAY, ITS FORUM, OR ITS RULES. THIS DISCUSSION IS FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF THIS NEW STYLE OF PLAY AS WELL AS THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE FORUM THIS WILL BE PLACED IN.

WE ONLY ALLOW POSITIVE ATTITUDES DURING DISCUSSIONS. ANY ATTEMPT TO DERAIL THIS THREAD WILL RESULT IN A MODERATION WARNING. LIKEWISE, ANY DISRESPECT TO OTHER PLAYERS WILL RESULT IN A MODERATION WARNING.

______ ______ ______ ______ ______ ______ ______ ______ ______ ______ ______ ______ ______ ______ ______ ______ ______ 

Hello All, 

In this thread we will be listing what we want for the new RP community that is being developed.

All you need to do is post what you'd like to see in this new style of RP and I will list it in this OP, from there we will move on to rule creation and all that other fun stuff. Just remember, the more you help, the quicker we can get this new community installed. 

Thank you.

It was a pleasure serving this community - Stay Frosty!

Forum Rules ☆ Game Rules ☆ Terms of Service ☆ PW Wiki ☆ IRC

I'd like to see the consent rule removed for the participants of the new roleplay forum, along with a IC and OOC thread for each events, a requirement each post be a 5-sentece paragraph at minimum, and the requirement that posts are of proper grammar and spelling.

• Upvote 2

new_forum_sig_2.png

I'd like to see the consent rule removed for the participants of the new roleplay forum, along with a IC and OOC thread for each events, a requirement each post be a 5-sentece paragraph at minimum, and the requirement that posts are of proper grammar and spelling.

I thought this new subforum was to remove the consent rule :P

But I agree with everything Thalmor said for the new rp forums

• Upvote 2

PoJQyFJ.gif

I thought this new subforum was to remove the consent rule :P

But I agree with everything Thalmor said for the new rp forums

Ni4cpi0uUkd6U.gif

I agree with this.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, I agree! 

otherwise we will revolt!!!!

sig.gif

As always, thank you (Four) for spending the time to put this together. 

Thalmor pretty much hits the nail on the head for main suggestions. I will add that metagaming and godmodding should also be added onto the rule list for things that we wish to prevent.

Edited by Schwieger
Roleplay Nations:

Imperial Nalydya

Kingdom of Waikahla-Pohaku'ula

"Your fiction is much greater than our own... We will, of course, defer to your judgement on all things that don't exist."

As always, thank you (Four) for spending the time to put this together. 

Thalmor pretty much hits the nail on the head for main suggestions. I will add that metagaming and godmodding should also be added onto the rule list for things that we wish to prevent.

they are

I'd like to see the consent rule removed for the participants of the new roleplay forum, along with a IC and OOC thread for each events, a requirement each post be a 5-sentece paragraph at minimum, and the requirement that posts are of proper grammar and spelling

I agree completely.

they are

Rules existing in one part of the forums for one group does not preclude them from existing elsewhere (if I'm understanding you correctly - feel free to completely disregard if I've completely missed what you're saying); rules intrinsic to RP (no godmodding or metagaming is a base rule) should be included here regardless of whether or not they are included within other rule sets.   

Roleplay Nations:

Imperial Nalydya

"Your fiction is much greater than our own... We will, of course, defer to your judgement on all things that don't exist."

Rules existing in one part of the forums for one group does not preclude them from existing elsewhere (if I'm understanding you correctly - feel free to completely disregard if I've completely missed what you're saying); rules intrinsic to RP (no godmodding or metagaming is a base rule) should be included here regardless of whether or not they are included within other rule sets.

I agree. God modding and metagaming kills RP faster than anything

PoJQyFJ.gif

I tweaked the Nat Rp rules - what you guys should do is read through this and figure out what needs to be added and what needs to be removed.

The [NEW FREE RP FORUM] purpose is to allow players to role play without in-game restrictions. In-game references can be made, such as; wars, surrenders, embargoes..etc, as long as it relates to the topic being discussed. 

Please read and understand the additional rules, guidelines, and proper posting etiquette before participating in PW National Role Play.

Sub-Forum Rules:

• All standard forum rules apply, click here for the standard forum rules.
  • Impersonation of other alliances or players or their likenesses is simply not tolerated.
  • You are expected to maintain a positive attitude in this community - disrespect to other players is a rule violation.
National RP Guidelines
  • Players should RP within their own means. What this means is although you are presenting a theme/story/genre to the community, you most do so logically - and realistically. 
  • You must make reasonable posts and requests from other players in this community.
National RP Posting Etiquette

1.) You are to remain within your own means. This means that you cannot overnight things for your nation.

For example:

One day you have modern technology/weapons and then the next day you post that you have the most advanced technology/weapons.

This isn't to say that you cannot develop your technology, or for that matter, anything in your nation. This is just saying that you actually have to RP the transition and growth of your nation to make it fair for the rest of the RP community. Many nations have a theme built right into them - these themes are derived from RL lore and are also made up of personal lore (lore created by an individual). That being said all lore should be posted in [this thread] so that you know what people are using and you know how you can adapt to National RP with your nation.

2.) You have the option to allow or disallow OOC/IC chatter in your thread.

This means that should you make an RP story/event that you would like to discuss in another thread, you simply post in your OP of your story/event that a new thread will be created for discussion. Within your OP you can also state that this story/event is only between 'select' players - just to keep the RP a bit more clean.

When you create a new thread for the OOC discussions you will use the same topic, but just add a tag like [OOC] or [OOC Discussion] - then in the OP of that new thread, you just link the community to your IC topic for ease-of-access. 

This system allows for a cleaner RP for everyone. You also have the option to carry on your IC discussion through other platforms like IRC (if you're ancient), Discord, Skype, etc...etc..

3.) This is National RP - Not a 140 Character Status Update.

Players of this community are expected to put a little bit more effort than just a few random words in an OP. This is a role playing community, where you role play your nation and your nation's life story. In order for a proper dialogue to develop, players in this community must put in a little effort.

For Example:

BlackBox is a National RP member. He has a modern nation and he plays within the lore of Modern Day America. This is his post this evening:

"President BlackBox of the United States of Box won today's election at 97% of the national vote."

Nobody replied to his post and it got lost in the topic view. Why? Because he used his time to create a status update instead of giving the community something to build off. There is no creativity and there is no effort. They key here is to just provide a little more effort with your story and with replying to other player's stories.

4.) You are not God.

Simply - you cannot just snap your fingers and make something happen (besides a snapping sound) in Real Life...and that same thing happens here. 

You are not invincible, you are not unbeatable, you don't have the 'best' of anything..you are not a god. You can't destroy nations at the stroke of a key, you can't take over the world one handed...do you see where I'm going with this? You can't decide to just take over airspace, bodies of water, or land that doesn't belong to you. You can't force yourself on a nation and take them over....c'mon guys do I need to continue?

This etiquette ruling falls under playing within your means as well as the consent rule. Sure, maybe you have some awesome tech - but you need to RP it correctly. Sure, you might win battles or you might take over land, but it needs to happen the correct way. Through consent, shared RP stories/events....

You are not God.

RP Moderation

It is to be understood that Moderation has the final say in regards to reports made or any rule violation. It should also be understood that select moderators are put in charge to oversee this RP Community. These moderators have put in time and effort to help rectify issues and will continue to work with the community and assist the community with whatever is needed to help the RP Community run smoothly and continue to be a source of entertainment.

That being said, each member of this community most Read & Understand these rules as they have been provided to you. Any post in this community is an assumption that you have read & understood each rule - therefore - should you post something that is a violation to these rules Moderation will point you right back to this thread. A violation is a violation.

Thank you and enjoy Politics & War National Role Play!

things; stuff; etc...

A very good start.

Numbered point 1 also should clarify that lore need not necessarily be confined to a single thread and that if people have websites (such as weebly) they can be linked in signatures for people to access.

In numbered point 2, the suggestion that OOC thread(s) should be linked to in the OP of IC thread (and vice versa) should be added. 

Numbered point 3 is mostly fine. I personally would word it a bit more so that it tends to imply at least a paragraph or two of content as Thalmor suggested, but that's just nitpicking.

Numbered point 4 though I feel could benefit from rewording to avoid confusion with the current consent rules present in the main NatRP area - perhaps focus on the "no godmodding" aspect combined with a definition of metagaming and mention that metagaming too is against the rules (as I see no mention of metagaming currently).

I might be missing a few things - I'll come back and edit this later to add them, or throw up another post if there are replies before I do so. 

Roleplay Nations:

Imperial Nalydya

We still do. Personally I don't see anything particularly objectionable, but I think Schwieger makes good points about rewording things a bit.

Member of the Union of Multiversal States

"No! I must kill the Karlings" he shouted
The dynasty tree said "No, John. You are the Karlings"
And then John was a cadet branch.

@schweiger you never edited ur post

Ended up discussing this with a few other people as well - we are pretty much in agreement that other than what was mentioned above everything else seems pretty good to go. Our main concerns were dropping the consent rule, addressing the post length and quality, and ensuring that metagaming and godmodding are dealt with.  Most of these appear to have been tended to. 

• Upvote 1
Roleplay Nations:

Imperial Nalydya

show of hands - who is actually interested in this new form of roleplay?

Tired of putting work into this RP community just to see you guys throw it away over night. If there isn't enough, we are just gonna call it quits on this project.

aye

Edited by Schwieger
Roleplay Nations:

Imperial Nalydya

*raises hand* Still definitely want this. I may not input on it much, but that's because I'm pretty satisfied with what's proposed. You do good work Four, we don't want it to go to waste.

Edited by Oncaro

Member of the Union of Multiversal States

"No! I must kill the Karlings" he shouted
The dynasty tree said "No, John. You are the Karlings"
And then John was a cadet branch.