[Suggestion] Organic Roleplay Section

I recently left RP because it was turning to shit...but acting like an ass isn't really going to cause drastic changes. 

/me points to all the new guys. 

Quit the piss poor attitudes and actually work with the already established RP Community here to create positive changes. You can add as many people as you want to this already established community boasting that you come from a "better" form of RP on a different site...but the end result is, you're looking like an ass. 

Edited by Mad Max
  • Upvote 1

I recently left RP because it was turning to shit...but acting like an ass isn't really going to cause drastic changes. 

Quit the piss poor attitudes and actually work with the already established RP Community here to create positive changes. You can add as many people as you want to this already established community boasting that you come from a "better" form of RP on a different site...but the end result is, you're looking like an ass.

... I'm sorry, but I'm a little bit affronted. Did you read... any of the posts we've made in this thread? Did you catch the numerous times we said we weren't trying to force ourselves on you guys but just suggesting that maybe, just maybe, some of you might see how we RP and decide to do what we do, but for those that don't want to that's perfectly fine? Did you notice us talking very cordially with the mods here and agreeing that drastic changes aren't likely to happen? The most confrontational or assholish we've gotten here was Tonina doing some snark, which is normal for him.

But here you come accusing us of boasting and acting like insensitive !@#$ when we're just trying to do something we legitimately think would help improve this site because we've experienced it multiple times, and for the first time since this thread was posted I actually feel angry and insulted. As far as I'm concerned the only one acting like an !@#$ right now is you. So please dial back your tone.

Member of the Union of Multiversal States

"No! I must kill the Karlings" he shouted
The dynasty tree said "No, John. You are the Karlings"
And then John was a cadet branch.

Most of us use Discord to plan

Ex. the EU, UDAC, and ESA all have discord chats. And the UDAC Lobby is where we plan most of our stuff, 

When it comes to planning, we usually use FB group chat. But we don't RP on FB chat, just talk and stuff.

Honestly, I'm the only one that could even be slightly implicated to be an ass out of us.

Also, as stated, the one problem with NS is that it's isolated. We came here to meet new people. We're still RPing on NS too, but a colonization story is fun, plus we've already met some decent RPers here to engage with. Which was basically the point. Find a new area to stimulate new RP.

We've been doing this stuff so long, we've done about all we can in the NS verse.. No crime in looking for something new to do. I certainly don't think doing so, is being douchey.

Edited by The Sacred Lights
  • Upvote 1

<span style='font-size: 18px;'><span style='color: #b22222'><span class='bbc_underline'>"<em class='bbc'>We regret that the size of the multiverse has permitted them to exist for so long unchecked."</em></span></span><br />Remember, <em class='bbc'>I'M </em>the New Douche, not the other 7 New Guys. I'm <em class='bbc'>not</em> a Majority.</span><br />rKC4GSg.gif

So that's how you guys do it? Interesting. I personally am no stranger to doing RPs in chats-- I RP on Skype all the time-- but doing stuff in a chat and having it count as canonical in the forums (or at least I assume they'd be canonical) doesn't really do much to get the forums active with such activity itself, which I suppose at least partially explains why things look so dead to us.

How do I know this? I've been RPing on Gaia (shaddup) since like 2011. They hosted Meebo chats for years and I and my friends on that site would often do non-canon interactions there in addition to canonical stuff in RP guilds. Then around 2013-ish Gaia axed the Meebo support, and me and a few friends migrated over to Skype and did RPs there. The result? The guilds we were in withered and died because we weren't using them to do the actual RPing, and even now I still struggle to do stuff on Gaia itself. I (and my buddies here) actually want to stimulate the RP in the forums, hence why we have character interactions done here.

Another problem there seems to be with you guys. Everything we are already doing you seem to have a problem with. If not all then most. If you're worried about the activity and everything then you have to realize you are getting into a already close community. By planning in Discord our nations can publish those changes here. The main reason activity is so low is because many people only care about themselves and dont really read the other people's RPs. If we are going to spend an hour writting a post and we get like one person to comment or a few people view it/like it then we seem we wasted all that time.

• Upvote 1

IYT09l4.png

Ex-Archduke of Defence for BK

3 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

@Lelouch Vi Britannia - BK needs you, but they really don't deserve you.  Thanks for the dankness.

meh. I beg to differ. 

You are coming to a community that is already established with their RP style and method. Sure, it could use some changes - thats why left it about a week ago. Before that I was a daily poster and contributor to the actual RP community, hell I created UDAC and its still being run today.

The problem is, you brought your people here and you're pushing for these changes in a very unproductive way. No matter what any of the current RP'ers say to your words is totally attacked by the rest of your group and the same things are being said over and over. The repetition in your words and your push for change isn't actually how you make change. Four, the moderator, is the best way to go about change and actually constructively speaking to the established community.

I don't blame the community for not bending to what you want to happen - you're going on like a bunch of retards trying to hump a doorknob - chill out. use the OOC forum to establish what changes you want and allow the moderation team and the RP Team to actually configure those changes to work correctly without shocking the already established system. 

#don'tbeagoddamndoucheaboutit

Edited by Mad Max

Another problem there seems to be with you guys. Everything we are already doing you seem to have a problem with. If not all then most. If you're worried about the activity and everything then you have to realize you are getting into a already close community. By planning in Discord our nations can publish those changes here. The main reason activity is so low is because many people only care about themselves and dont really read the other people's RPs. If we are going to spend an hour writting a post and we get like one person to comment or a few people view it/like it then we seem we wasted all that time.

That time was not wasted, i read your RPs but never post unless Calondia is involved or doing something. A closed RP community is not good anyways. I like reading RPs even if I am not involved, the bigger the post the better, and will usually rate big posts 5 stars so you know it was read.

meh. I beg to differ. 

You are coming to a community that is already established with their RP style and method. Sure, it could use some changes - thats why left it about a week ago. Before that I was a daily poster and contributor to the actual RP community, hell I created UDAC and its still being run today.

The problem is, you brought your people here and you're pushing for these changes in a very unproductive way. No matter what any of the current RP'ers say to your words is totally attacked by the rest of your group and the same things are being said over and over. The repetition in your words and your push for change isn't actually how you make change. Four, the moderator, is the best way to go about change and actually construtively speaking to the established community.

I don't blame the community for not bending to what you want to happen - you're going on like a bunch of retards trying to hump a doorknob - chill out. use the OOC forum to establish what changes you want and allow the moderation team and the RP Team to actually configure those changes to work correctly without shocking the already established system. 

#don'tbeagoddamndoucheaboutit

We're not pushing for changes to the main forum, but the creation of a subsection... Something that we've repeated, multiple times, yet still some people don't understand that.

I'm sorry for the repetition, but it seems like people aren't actually reading what we're saying.

Edited by The Sacred Lights

<span style='font-size: 18px;'><span style='color: #b22222'><span class='bbc_underline'>"<em class='bbc'>We regret that the size of the multiverse has permitted them to exist for so long unchecked."</em></span></span><br />Remember, <em class='bbc'>I'M </em>the New Douche, not the other 7 New Guys. I'm <em class='bbc'>not</em> a Majority.</span><br />rKC4GSg.gif

How do you think we felt when we-- specifically myself, Mriverse, and Shex-- posted introductions and got no responses? Not a peep from anyone. I for one was really bummed out, and I was positively elated when my summit got attention. I still need to post for that but I'm still figuring stuff out for what to say.

But you see, everyone being in their own little world is not a community. Planning in chats is fine, but playing out conversations and stuff in chat and posting the results in the forums do not stimulate roleplaying on the forums.

Several of us started on MySpace Nations and I think by the end it was just twenty guys including me. We know what it's like to be in a close community, it's why we decided to turn away from NS (because it was so huge) and it's why I've been posting in threads the way you guys tend to do-- because I, and the rest of us, want to interact with you guys. And if I have to do posts your way while trying to get people to also do things the way we're used to in the process, hopefully by using my posts to inspire them to write more stuff out, then I'll do it, because I really like what I have here already, even if I'm not terribly invested in the game these forums are made for.

Edited by Oncaro
  • Upvote 2

Member of the Union of Multiversal States

"No! I must kill the Karlings" he shouted
The dynasty tree said "No, John. You are the Karlings"
And then John was a cadet branch.

Several of us started on MySpace Nations and I think by the end it was just twenty guys including me. We know what it's like to be in a close community, it's why we decided to turn away from NS (because it was so huge) and it's why I've been posting in threads the way you guys tend to do-- because I, and the rest of us, want to interact with you guys. And if I have to do posts your way while trying to get people to also do things the way we're used to in the process, hopefully by using my posts to inspire them to write more stuff out, then I'll do it, because I really like what I have here already, even if I'm not terribly invested in the game these forums are made for.

All of your topics were kinda the same, landing from space, and colonziing people, and killing orbians 

Mainly that is why Russia wont open diplomatic talks with most of the UMS and the Russians were in a civil war, maybe reaching out and posting on others posts will help you get posts, etc... my advice 

Yeah....why don't we just take a break from this thread. 

Productivity level here is basically 0. I'll be making 2 new posts, pause for a moment and check those out (when they are up) and lets begin a fruitful exchange for the better of the RP Community shall we?

• Upvote 2

It was a pleasure serving this community - Stay Frosty!

Forum Rules ☆ Game Rules ☆ Terms of Service ☆ PW Wiki ☆ IRC