Election Discussion

Doktor Avalanche

I'm glad somebody else acknowledged that BLM isn't structured very well.  They are pretty fractured.  While you say they (as a whole, I'm assuming?) disavow violence, there are some sub-groups within BLM who promote it.  That's inevitable though for any popular protesting movement that occurs.

• Downvote 1

I'm glad somebody else acknowledged that BLM isn't structured very well.  They are pretty fractured.  While you say they (as a whole, I'm assuming?) disavow violence, there are some sub-groups within BLM who promote it.  That's inevitable though for any popular protesting movement that occurs.

Yes -- I would argue that those sub-groups aren't true BLM, they're people who are co-opting a mass movement message because no one can stop them.

☾☆

And Dio said unto him, "I trust you.  Share my word."

Are a fools an fools too? Or is that a one way relationship?

I originally put "an idiot" but quickly decided after posting that such a thing wasn't fair as the point was that smart people can be foolish over certain things, not that he was simply a stupid person. In my haste I forgot that by making the change the 'an' should become an 'a'. Nothing more to it.

You can argue against tenured professors if you want, but I'll let you do it alone.  You've lost this argument, no use continuing it.

I didn't say whether or not I supported law and order -- merely that BLM has national popularity and that shutting it down wouldn't help Trump's standing in the polls (which, by the way, is a racially charged argument in and of itself.  We wouldn't be discussing it like this if white people were in the streets arguing for their rights).

So by not kowtowing to your appeal to authority of some random professor I have lost the argument? Yeah no, doesn't work like that. Where I am be they white, black, brown or whatever else a thug is a thug, judged on their behaviour and not their skin tone. Your sanctimonious statement doesn't as thus apply to me but even if it did I'd argue you're wrong anyway. Race hustlers are always looking for the next word to black list especially it seems in America which has a high concentration of them. !@#$ is no longer widespread among white people so now it's been decided that white people all secretly messaged each other that thug will now equal !@#$. Ridiculous. Me and the boys at the lodge never sent our fellow white people any such command. 

If Trump wins you'll find the media will no longer be as soft as they have on BLM and more and more people will turn against them if as predicted they amplify their violence if Trump wins. 

BLM is a decentralized movement with no leaders, so it's pretty difficult to "blame" it for anything.  You should (rightly) blame the individuals.

BLM has people whose voices carry weight within it -- you could call them "leaders," per se, but they don't carry the structural powers or anything like that.  They have disavowed violence.

Yes -- I would argue that those sub-groups aren't true BLM, they're people who are co-opting a mass movement message because no one can stop them.

No true BLM! What pray tells makes the peaceful "leaders" more BLM than the non peaceful ones? Why don't in the face of so much violence say the peaceful ones disavow BLM and start up a new group so they can not be associated with the violent ones? If they run an operation like they have then sorry no, they will be lumped in with the violent ones. If they don't want to then get actual leaders and have them lead.

• Upvote 1

lol, tonight's debate. 

It's a useful mental exercise. Through the years, many thinkers have been fascinated by it. But I don't enjoy playing. It was a game that was born during a brutal age when life counted for little. Everyone believed that some people were worth more than others. Kings. Pawns. I don't think that anyone is worth more than anyone else. Chess is just a game. Real people are not pieces. You can't assign more value to some of them and not others. Not to me. Not to anyone. People are not a thing that you can sacrifice. The lesson is, if anyone who looks on to the world as if it was a game of chess, deserves to lose.

Early reporting says he lost stamina about 30 minutes into the debate. Low energy?

He looked and sounded sick, constantly breathing inwardly through the nose like he was stuffed up.

Jesus !@#$ christ that debate, is this really the best America can do, these two dumb venal pricks?

Only 9%  picked them. 

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/08/01/us/elections/nine-percent-of-america-selected-trump-and-clinton.html?_r=0

Anyone who didn't vote in the primaries shouldn't complain. You only have yourself to blame. 

(Not directed at you Ogaden. I know YVR isn't in the USA. Nice airport, though.)

Edited by WISD0MTREE

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

Because he was a paid Russian spy who duped a whole bunch of us.  I am all about whistle blowers.  Whistle blowers target their leaks at specific problems.  Snowden used a "wide angle" theft approach and cloaked his activities with "freedom" as an excuse which is not what whistle blowers do.  He promptly fled to seek asylum and get his $$s.

-signature removed for rules violation-

Been a busy couple days, but checking in: Hillary hit a solid double, Trump struck out.  And live on Hardball just now, Gary Johnson couldn't name a single foreign leader in the entire world, so he didn't even suit up for the game.

☾☆

And Dio said unto him, "I trust you.  Share my word."

Because he was a paid Russian spy who duped a whole bunch of us.  I am all about whistle blowers.  Whistle blowers target their leaks at specific problems.  Snowden used a "wide angle" theft approach and cloaked his activities with "freedom" as an excuse which is not what whistle blowers do.  He promptly fled to seek asylum and get his $$s.

Speculation. I call shenanigans.