Unveiling the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

LordRahl2

I hope that this stays focused on nukes and nukes only; it seems like there's a chance for mission creep here.

I suspect most established nations keep a stockpile of food.

During (nuclear) wars, the uninvolved are unfairly punished. The smaller nations, therefore the newer players, pay the largest price. So it's more about trying to keep the influx of new nations from suffering unduly than it is about being "butthurt".

Don't you know that any unwelcome statement or action is due to salt and/or butthurt.

• Upvote 1

As a few pointed out before, if this needs to be implemented, we need support of a lot of alliances and transparency is needed. This is more likely to succeed if alliances initiate, rather than individual members (may be a few from different spheres to represent fairness).

A forum for the league would be nice, where players can visit and see what's going on (without signing in) and the politics associated with the league would be really interesting as well. If the league will ever involve alliances (rather than individual nations), then we will join.

There will be a board publicly available (that requires it to be somewhere that we can make that happen).  You may certainly come and ask questions.  There is also a "board of observers"...that will include member nations from various alliances.  If you want to know what is going on then sign up.  You can ask for membership on the BOO.

-signature removed for rules violation-

I hope that this stays focused on nukes and nukes only; it seems like there's a chance for mission creep here.

Don't you know that any unwelcome statement or action is due to salt and/or butthurt.

Nukes only - no other mechanic severely impacts new players like this does it?  Raiding maybe - but there are alliances to help with that.

Well this is certainly entertaining. A group of people want to police all of the nukes in the game. We'll see how this progresses.

Even if everyone set their nuke standards to this league's proposed limits, the food production would still drop to 0 during wars. Even a small alliance of 20 ppl could have 40+ nukes with those limits, and the current rad levels are only from 200 or less nukes over a couple days.

New players consume about 10-50 food a day at the most. I don't think that's much of an issue as long as they look at joining an alliance asap. Sheepy could probably add an immunity for nations in their starter 14 days beige anyways.

Edited by Valdoroth
  • Upvote 1

Well this is certainly entertaining. A group of people want to police all of the nukes in the game. We'll see how this progresses.

Even if everyone set their nuke standards to this league's proposed limits, the food production would still drop to 0 during wars. Even a small alliance of 20 ppl could have 40+ nukes with those limits, and the current rad levels are only from 200 or less nukes over a couple days.

Re-read the OP.  The intent is to limit long term 0% production.  The league fully acknowledges that in the initial phase of a war can drop food production to zero.

Re-read the OP.  The intent is to limit long term 0% production.  The league fully acknowledges that in the initial phase of a war can drop food production to zero.

"After 100 Turns, or just over 8 real-life days, all of the radiation from a single nuclear detonation will have dissipated and no longer have an effect."

It's not long term. Sheepy didn't set it up that way on purpose. Meaning that as long as large scale wars are not extended out for long durations, it'll only last a couple weeks at a time.

NA has already increased 10% food production from -212% yesterday to 202% today. That means 1 nuke's rad effect is reduced by 12.5% per day.

Edited by Valdoroth
  • Upvote 1

"After 100 Turns, or just over 8 real-life days, all of the radiation from a single nuclear detonation will have dissipated and no longer have an effect."

It's not long term. Sheepy didn't set it up that way on purpose. Meaning that as long as large scale wars are not extended out for long durations, it'll only last a couple weeks at a time.

NA has already increased 10% food production from -212% yesterday to 202% today. That means 1 nuke's rad effect is reduced by 12.5% per day.

I agree.  However, a larger nuke supplied force could sustain 0% for significantly longer.

Again, we get the nuke decay rate.  We aim to shorten return to normal thereby limiting impact to new players and limit distortions in the market.

Edit: hug? lol

Edited by LordRahl2
  • Upvote 2

In response to the suggestions of an inter-alliance agreement: The League would be more than happy if such an agreement could be reached, and it would also help with its enforcement if necessary (through spy actions). We will see if such an agreement materializes. Up until then, the League will fight for a nuclear-winter free Orbis.

77oKn5K.png

Suggestion: Make your forums public, except all of you members use code names.

Mr. White / Mr. Green ect.

hrm, let me look into that I kinda like the idea

Just be careful what IP/Location information is leaked, if you're going that route.
  • Upvote 1

sig_cybernations.PNG.8d49a01423f488a0f1b846927f5acc7e.PNG

So member nations will be required to fork out their own cash for sustained spy ops? I really, really like and appreciate the idea itself, but that would certainly hamper long-term money warchest reserves for member nations.

"The happiness of the people, and the peace of the empire, and the glory of the reign are linked with the fortune of the Army."

Just seems like a bunch of Mensa players

Nope.  There ARE, in fact, MENSA players for sure - I am one.  But MENSA does not actually have the largest membership by %.

Kastor, would you like to join?  Your alliance leader blocks PMs from me.

So member nations will be required to fork out their own cash for sustained spy ops?

Nope

Nope.  There ARE, in fact, MENSA players for sure - I am one.  But MENSA does not actually have the largest membership by %.

Kastor, would you like to join?  Your alliance leader blocks PMs from me.

Nope

No thanks, this seems like it's going to implode and I don't care about food production enough to spy someone over it.

• Upvote 2

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

I may be mistaken on who was championing this cause, if it was Mensa, your allies, or someone else.. But I did think it was you guys early on in your days in PnW. Weren't you guys against the whole "making people play a certain way", mentality? Yet, here you are imposing self created guidelines on an aspect of the game? 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought it was you guys. 

scSqPGJ.gif

32m food will be consumed between now and then. I can only guess at the total food supply. But, I would estimate that 32m is really !@#$ing substantial.

Interesting idea. A better one would be balancing the mechanic based on the outcome of it's initial results and actually informing the player base of any changes to come. But this is fine too.

Another one's catching on; take him out back and teach him a lesson, mods.
  • Upvote 1
xzhPlEh.png?1

I may be mistaken on who was championing this cause, if it was Mensa, your allies, or someone else.. But I did think it was you guys early on in your days in PnW. Weren't you guys against the whole "making people play a certain way", mentality? Yet, here you are imposing self created guidelines on an aspect of the game? 

Meh. We've hit GPA multiple times now simply for "pixel hugging", so the precedent for punishing people based on a playstyle we don't like has already been set.

Nukes are merely a symptom of the low-skill endemic, imo.

☾☆

High Priest of Dio

Someone is butthurt that they did not launch a similar idea first.  Not sure who that is though!

This is not a "MENSA" thing.  Sorry to burst your oh so pristine neutral bubble.

Regardless Pre please join.  Everything about the league should appeal to a non-hypocrite Prefontaine .