Lol Avoid Launching Nukes

Guinevere

The only option i can see is to embargo all alliances using nuclear weapons. To embargo individuals would be too time consuming. However, I think we may find that the culprits account for much of the trade in the game so careful thought is required.  I'm not suggesting people do embargo at this stage - just throwing it out there for discussion.

Nearly every alliance in the top 30 has nukes so that doesn't seem like a good idea.

UQllJcz.png?2

2nd, 4th, and 6th Adelphotes Princeps of Cornerstone, Ambassador to Black Knights, 4th Grand Pilus of Cornerstone, 2nd Chaplain of Cornerstone, 5th Questor Princeps of Cornerstone

To make this work rationing should be introduced. If this was happening in rl do you think you'd still be able to go out and buy what you liked? Erm no every country would be rationing food. So maybe if radiation will effect the food production as leader of your nation you should have the option to ration food! However your approval rate lowers and possible refining production. The reason this isn't working is because it's hasn't been thought out as if it was a real life situation.

• Upvote 1

Or Sheepy could fix the war system

Maybe tomorrow, the good Lord will take you away

Well, sing with me

Sing for the year

Sing for the laughter and sing for the tear

Sing it with me

If it's just for today

Maybe tomorrow, the good Lord will take you away

Dream On, Dream On, Dream On

Dream Yourself A Dream Come True

Dream On, Dream On, Dream On

Dream Until Your Dream Comes True

Dream On, Dream On, Dream On, Dream On

Dream On, Dream On, Dream On,

Ahh

• Upvote 5

-signature removed for rules violation-

Or Sheepy could fix the war system like he talked about a couple months ago so us smaller alliances could actually fight against the OO clowns that fill our slots and leave us with no recourse but nuking. 

I fail to see where this war system isn't perfectly fine. It rewards strategy and skill, so why fix what ain't broken?

What is broken (your side) seems to need a lot of fixing tho. So have you ever stopped and wondered if the war system isn't the problem, but rather the people and AAs that refuse to git gud?

I'm tired of TKR bombing my infra because they've got enough activity to keep my slots full, so I'm gonna hijack this unrelated thread with a salty post because why not?

ftfy fam

• Upvote 2
On 3/16/2016 at 9:54 PM, Lykos said:

Our next move is obviously rolling LordStrum. 

And new players rage quitting within 10 minutes of creating their nation, during a war.

I think it would be a good idea, at the very least, to give the new player special beige immunity from the radiation index too, for this reason. We can try and limit it, but even with a lower number of strikes it could still be pretty devastating. And given how few people tend to stick with these kinds of games anyway, the last thing we need is more reason for them to quit before they have a chance to get sucked in.

• Upvote 2

Archduke Tyrell, Lord of Highgarden, Lord Paramount of the Reach, Warden of the South, Breaker of Forums.

I think it would be a good idea, at the very least, to give the new player special beige immunity from the radiation index too, for this reason. We can try and limit it, but even with a lower number of strikes it could still be pretty devastating. And given how few people tend to stick with these kinds of games anyway, the last thing we need is more reason for them to quit before they have a chance to get sucked in.

This could work.

Untitled.png

I fail to see where this war system isn't perfectly fine. It rewards strategy and skill, so why fix what ain't broken?

What is broken (your side) seems to need a lot of fixing tho. So have you ever stopped and wondered if the war system isn't the problem, but rather the people and AAs that refuse to git gud?

I dont see the skill in TS having more people with less IRL work than NPO (Which is majority 18 + and has to do work and stuff) or UPN. (Ime there were like a ton of senior/colledge people there and PW isnt worth studying).

:sheepy:  :sheepy:  :sheepy:  :sheepy:               :sheepy:              :sheepy: :sheepy: :sheepy: :sheepy:

Greatkitteh was here.-

I dont see the skill in TS having more people with less IRL work than NPO (Which is majority 18 + and has to do work and stuff) or UPN. (Ime there were like a ton of senior/colledge people there and PW isnt worth studying).

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Cute, but Quantity != Quality.  You may continue to live in your delusion though.  This game requires very little "skill" to be "gud." Overwhelming an opponent with high numbers of attackers isn't skill, it's just having more people to click declare.  

If anything, foreseeing this ahead of time and stockpiling nukes is the only real skill play here.

Edited by Maverick0984
  • Upvote 1

Cute, but Quantity != Quality. But I digress. You may continue to live in your delusion.

Your side has always outnumbered or closely matched us.

Which would make the deciding factor skill.

Let's not re-write history, now.

• Upvote 2

One must imagine Sisyphus happy.

Your side has always outnumbered or closely matched us.

Which would make the deciding factor skill.

Let's not re-write history, now.

I'm not going to pretend to know the exact count of nations on each side, all totaled.  My comparison is solely meant to speak for my own AA, by which we have caused significantly more damage than have taken.  Because this was due to nukes and we still get lumped into the "unskillful" crowd apparently, illogically, my statements remain unchanged.

Edited by Maverick0984

I'm not going to pretend to know the exact count of nations on each side, all totaled.  My comparison is solely meant to speak for my own AA, by which we have caused significantly more damage than have taken.  Because this was due to nukes and we still get lumped into the "unskillful" crowd apparently, illogically, my statements remain unchanged.

Just counting infra costs based on the PnW stat page:

9/14 - Fark +17 mil

9/15 - Fark +274 mil

9/16 - Fark +17 mil

9/17 - Fark -120 mil

9/18 - Fark -240 mil 

9/19 - Fark -92 mil

Total: -144 mil infra damage done by Fark (this will get worse now that you guys are down to 6 nukes across your alliance). 

Also it does not factor in the military that you've lost. So no, you guys have not dealt more damage than you've taken.

• Upvote 1

I will take responsibility for what I have done, if I must fall, I will rise each time a better man.

Just counting infra costs based on the PnW stat page:

9/14 - Fark +17 mil

9/15 - Fark +274 mil

9/16 - Fark +17 mil

9/17 - Fark -120 mil

9/18 - Fark -240 mil 

9/19 - Fark -92 mil

Total: -144 mil infra damage done by Fark (this will get worse now that you guys are down to 6 nukes across your alliance). 

Also it does not factor in the military that you've lost. So no, you guys have not dealt more damage than you've taken.

Well that's embarrassing.  I guess I can only speak for myself (and still a good chunk of Fark) then.

9/14 - $1,784,012.65 

9/15 - $26,077,283.72 

9/16 - $19,588,899.23 

9/17 - $20,108,201.71 

9/18 - $16,492,379.93 

9/19 - ($2,233,357.57)

Total - $81,817,419.67 

And it isn't going to change much more.  Whatever infra I have left is the cheap stuff.

In order to break near par with using a nuke, you have to hit a 1700+ Infra city. Any less than that and you're spending more than what you destroy - unless you happen to destroy a power plant.

• Downvote 1

I'm a junior in college and I have a part time job. It isn't that difficult.

6XmKiC2.png

This is just precious :P

Edited by Night King

Untitled.png