8/23/2016 - Multiple Nations on Same Network Policy Update

Alex

• Administrators

Tl;dr - There is no limit on the number of nations that can play per network. HOWEVER, each individual is still only allowed ONE nation.

As of today, our previous 2 nations per network restriction has been lifted. We will no longer be enforcing a limit on the number of players per network to better serve those on shared networks, whether they be families, co-workers, classmates, or roommates. We have maintained our previous policy to discourage cheating through the use of multiple nations, but I believe that our previous policy drove away many would-be players while failing to truly prevent players from creating more than one nation.

Again, I will re-iterate, that each player is only allowed ONE nation in Politics & War. We are improving our same network restrictions to better enforce this regulation and discourage multiple nation cheaters. Nations that are less than 30 days old be restricted to +15%/-15% of average market prices in trades when buying resources. This will prevent nations from being created for the purpose of completing the tutorial and objectives, and then used to send out all starting cash to another nation.

Similarly, nations that have been flagged for being on the same network will no longer be prevented from trading with each other entirely, but will be restricted to the same +15%/-15% regulation, on both buying and selling offers.

While these restrictions are not fool-proof, the Game Rules have been updated to include restrictions against evading these measures. This includes, but is not limited to, excessive trading to send money outside of the +15%/-15% restriction and using alliance banks to avoid restrictions.

You can find the updated Game Rules here: http://politicsandwar.com/rules/

On a separate note, Warning Points on the forum will no longer automatically expire after 30 days. They will now expire after 60 days, effective for all new warnings issued as of this posting. This is to crack down on the abusers of our lenient warning point system who have racked up countless warnings, and have taken advantage of the forgiveness offered by our automatic expiration system to avoid being banned. You can find the updated Forum Rules here: https://politicsandwar.com/forums/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

Thank you for continuing to support Politics & War. I expect that these changes will take some time to fully adjust to, and if you are under the belief that two nations may be operated by the same individual, please do file a report either in the Game Reports subforum or via PM to myself. We will be taking additional measures in the background to crack down on users that create multiple nations in violation of the rules.

• Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

On a separate note, Warning Points on the forum will no longer automatically expire after 30 days. They will now expire after 60 days, effective for all new warnings issued as of this posting. This is to crack down on the abusers of our lenient warning point system who have racked up countless warnings, and have taken advantage of the forgiveness offered by our automatic expiration system to avoid being banned. You can find the updated Forum Rules here: https://politicsandwar.com/forums/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

rpYvt7J.gif

I eagerly await the flood of forum bans. :popcorn:

• Upvote 6
xzhPlEh.png?1

• Wiki Mod

Again, I will re-iterate, that each player is only allowed ONE nation in Politics & War. We are improving our same network restrictions to better enforce this regulation and discourage multiple nation cheaters. Nations that are less than 30 days old be restricted to +15%/-15% of average market prices in trades when buying resources. This will prevent nations from being created for the purpose of completing the tutorial and objectives, and then used to send out all starting cash to another nation.

Similarly, nations that have been flagged for being on the same network will no longer be prevented from trading with each other entirely, but will be restricted to the same +15%/-15% regulation, on both buying and selling offers.

While these restrictions are not fool-proof, the Game Rules have been updated to include restrictions against evading these measures. This includes, but is not limited to, excessive trading to send money outside of the +15%/-15% restriction and using alliance banks to avoid restrictions.

You can find the updated Game Rules here: http://politicsandwar.com/rules/

Bolded part: Is this a mechanical restriction? Also if your going to make average prices relevant you need to actually fix that mechanic.

Underlined: Does this effect donations coming from established accounts to boost newbies?

23:38 Skable that's why we don't want Rose involved, so we can take the m all for ourselves

23:39 [] but Mensa is the cute girl at the school dance and she's only dancing with us right now to get our friend jealous

23:39 [] If Rose comes in and gives Mensa what she wants, she'll just toss us aside and forget we ever existed

23:39 zombie_lanae yeah I do hope we can keep having them all to ourselves

23:40 zombie_lanae I know it's selfish but I want all their love

6:55 PM <+Isolatar> Praise Dio

Pubstomper|BNC [20:01:55] Rose wouldn't plan a hit on Mensa because it would be &#33;@#&#036;ing stupid

How about a reward system for ratting out those who violate the rules? 

Let me tell you a story.

There once was a state that had too many snakes. So they started paying money for those who bring snake heads to them. Because of this, people made snake farms in which they would harvest snakes and cut their heads off to turn in for money from the state. When the state figured this out, they stopped paying money for the snake heads. Because of this, the people who grew these snakes set them all free, creating a bigger snake problem.

Basically this will make people make accounts just so their friends can report it and get money.

• Upvote 5
Icwalk.gif

Oh all those kids with a wife and sister on the same network are going to love this. Mutli's were bad as is. This will just make it okay!

I think it is okay. The first people you want to get into playing a game are normally your brothers/sisters or friends. And it actually happens very fast with the friends to end up in the same wlan.

Even before you could just log in with a proxy or your smartphone and create a new nation. 

Especially later on, the higher a player is in the rankings, the more his transactions get watched by others. "Winning" with multis is barely possible at all.

The only problem would be spies everywhere. But hey that what we have elite alliances for ;)

• Upvote 1

Any account that has not logged in within 45 days is liable for automatic deletion from the game. This deletion is irreversible, and it is the player's responsibility to maintain an activity level of logging in at least once every 30 days to keep their account active. Nations in Vacation Mode are exempt from this 30 day limit, but must resume activity upon exit of Vacation Mode or face prompt deletion.

at least once every day to keep the game alive. Nations in Vacation Mode are exempt from this day limit,*

there fixed the game for you. :D

tvPWtuA.gif

On a separate note, Warning Points on the forum will no longer automatically expire after 30 days. They will now expire after 60 days, effective for all new warnings issued as of this posting. This is to crack down on the abusers of our lenient warning point system who have racked up countless warnings, and have taken advantage of the forgiveness offered by our automatic expiration system to avoid being banned. You can find the updated Forum Rules here: https://politicsandw...tion=boardrules

Wow, a points rule change that isn't because of me? Clearly I need to step up my shitposting game, noobs be out doin' me nao

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

• Administrators

Bolded part: Is this a mechanical restriction? Also if your going to make average prices relevant you need to actually fix that mechanic.

Underlined: Does this effect donations coming from established accounts to boost newbies?

Yes, this is a mechanical restriction.

No, this does not affect sending aid to new nations. I understand that granting aid to new nations is a big part of the game, and it's important to new players. I have no intention to restrict this, which is why new nations are only restricted in buying resources (see: trying to buy 1 food for $1,000,000/each.) This is to prevent/discourage new nations from being created to immediately trade away all of their cash to someone else.

Warn changes = Bad changes

For someone with 15 warning points, I'm sure that you're less than happy you'll have to follow the rules now.

Oh all those kids with a wife and sister on the same network are going to love this. Mutli's were bad as is. This will just make it okay!

I understand your concerns, but it is incredibly easy to run a proxy connection anymore. Most players have access to a smartphone, which generally uses a cellular connection separate from their home network, and there are a plethora of browser add-ons that can be used as VPNs to hide your IP address. Any decently tech savvy person can already have multiple nations that are very difficult to detect, and really, all we were doing with the 2 nation restriction was driving out real, would be players in places like Colleges, workplaces, and family homes. The increased restrictions on nations on the same network will minimize any "oh this is just my brother's nation" type cheating.

Will you be adding additional mechanisms to detect players using multiple accounts?

Yes, I believe I mentioned this in the OP.

• Upvote 3

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Administrators

You wrote "crack down" but it didn't seem super explicit and sounded like it was tied in with the trading limits / etc.

Ah, well yes I will be creating additional mechanisms for tracking users, specifically users sharing same networks, but also additional mechanisms to track nations that may be controlled by the same user regardless of network.

Forums Rules | Game Link

What exactly do you mean excessive trading outside of it?

Can't you only trade inside of it due to the mechanics?

Or do you mean excessive only doing +15% trades?

Or are you talking about after the initial 30 days?

I'm just curious.

Edited by hydraik

So when's the war system getting fixed?

"In an honest service there is thin commons, low wages, and hard labor; in this, plenty and satiety, pleasure and ease, liberty and power; and who would not balance creditor on this side, when all the hazard that is run for it, at worst, is only a sour look or two at choking. No, a merry life and a short one, shall be my motto." - Bartholomew "Black Bart" Roberts

Green Enforcement Agency will rise again!

*broken

and soon :(

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

• Administrators

What exactly do you mean excessive trading outside of it?

Can't you only trade inside of it due to the mechanics?

Or do you mean excessive only doing +15% trades?

Or are you talking about after the initial 30 days?

I'm just curious.

By excessive trading, I mean using a new nation to buy resources at 15% more than the average market price, sending the money received back to the new nation, and then continuing to do so until all money is funneled out.

You can follow war system testing and changes on the test server: http://test.politicsandwar.com

• Upvote 1

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Jax locked this topic