Random Musings From Fraggle Rock

Fraggle

So fraggle... Will i find true happiness? If so then where?

Depends on what you consider true happiness. You will find it when you expect it the least.

Edited by Fraggle

This world is no less real than the real world. Sad to say, but it's all pixels.

Yeah, you would think that people would do something different with a world with no meaningful consequences. Most of the pain you feel in this world and the other is anticipatory. Fear of something that never materializes. But, I think you've confused a sociopath for psychopath. One is incompetent and the other is incapable in emotions. Anyway, emotions drive this game just as they drive the real world. Why would you expect much difference? It's enough that a few people see that they can do differently. I had lucid dreams for many years and what I learned from that was I can do anything I want to. And I do.

People are social animals and their souls (emotions) are evolved to make them fall in line. This is to be expected. You are acting completely in line with predictable, categorized psychology. Your ego is so !@#$ing needy, I could make you do anything I want. Aside from psychopaths, that's the human condition. That doesn't end when you login. You're proof of that. The people in real life are for the most part the players you find here. Sure, you can see their over compensating to make up for their RL shortcomings. Paying if you have plenty is a wgaf deal. If you're broke and paying, that's a sad vice. I used to be well off and paid a lot into these games. Situations have changed and I might pay something for this hobby, but $100/month? No, I have more pressing uses of it.

That's all on you. Unless of course you are the type to eat the bowl of evacuated waste from overly cute rodents while getting off on the fact that your nation might break the top 1000 some time this year.

Ahem, I'm Rank #959, thank you very much.

putin-trump-sig_zps657urhx9.jpg

idk, the only reason why I like real life more than the internet is because of animals and, in particular, my puppies. I'm a semi pixel-hugger. People die, dogs die, friends leave, and life is less of an adventure and more like a goal to just get a good job and work until you're old and, after that, take care of your children. Everyone you love will die, you will die, and your entire life is forgotten and meaningless and your sole purpose is to get money to pay for your kids and dogs and grandkids and the rest of your nuclear family unit.

You work hard for nothing, you strive for nothing, your dreams and hopes are nothing, and when your kids grow up, how many of them actually talk about their own parents? How many grandkids tell their own children about their grandparents? There are a few but I think that it's just a topic that barely gets mentioned since no one really wants to talk about death. Your entire existence is forgotten and all the effort you made in your life for a pre-determined path is for nothing. You fail and you're spurned, you succeed and --- congratulations --- there will billions upon billions of people before, during, and after your life that will have done it and are completely worthless.

Games help you forget that for a bit. It's like how people drink alcohol or take drugs to forget their worries. Some people have too many one night stands, others get depressed, and others are...even worse. It's kind of an escape and it's a pretty good one. You forget all those embarrassing moments, the things that you lost, the things you never had, all your regrets and worries.

Games make you feel bigger. It gives your mind something to occupy itself on. Sentience is a huge deal and I think that some people, like me, just aren't cut out for something that big. Personally, I just can't stand the entire concept of the death of everyone I know and love, the fear and paranoia, the pain of the emotions and body, and the uncertainty of everything. Games let people live in the moment when they lack the ability to do so in real life.

I'm just not as strong as you Fraggle and, until I hopefully mature and age, maybe I could cope with reality lol. I still have a few years before I officially start independent life. Then again, not everyone shares my viewpoint.

tumblr_static_tumblr_maucq6syiy1r7y61oo1

I think y'all are digging too deep. I'm assuming a lot of people who play these games also like history (well at least I do). Reading about past wars and the politics that played out is really interesting. Being a part of it in this game is exciting.

• Upvote 2
6XmKiC2.png

OP is an insane mindfart full of incorrect assumptions.

In spite of your comment, I think there is some truth, but it's also just funny.

• Upvote 1

We have seized the means of production. Though union, and self-governance, we have organized between all peoples of the land.

Hey Fraggle, why did you embargo all the AAs that are in the top 15?  :ehm:

Because I had to stop there for the afternoon. The next 15 on the list will be done soon.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Upvote 3