Warhammer 40k Or StarCraft/Warcraft

Frank Todd

Now it's widely known that these two universes are as similar as White guys to other Whiter guys. Now I ask you, Which universe do you prefer? Quite frankly I'm a fan of the Warhammer 40k universe, it's grittier, a lot more in depth, and not a total rip off (as Blizzard ripped off most of the lore from WH 40k). But anywho, tell meh... TELL MEHHH.

d0r0WcS.gif

I would hope so considering the Alliance you are in lol

Haha, yeah! I was thinking about putting a disclaimer in my first post mentioning my AA notwithstanding.

'Can't wait until DoW III comes outs.

• Upvote 1

new_forum_sig_2.png

Haha, yeah! I was thinking about putting a disclaimer in my first post mentioning my AA notwithstanding.

'Can't wait until DoW III comes outs.

It's gonna beee sick.

Have you played Gothic fleet yet?

d0r0WcS.gif

It's gonna beee sick.

Have you played Gothic fleet yet?

I have it on Steam, but haven't gotten around to installing it yet. Do you like it?

Edited by Thalmor

new_forum_sig_2.png

I have it on Steam, but haven't gotten around to installing it yet. Do you like it?

It's pretty decent. Imagine slamming Imperial Dreadnoughts into Orc ships and killing everyone. or just being a dick and using orbital weapons on enemy ships. lolol

d0r0WcS.gif

I really enjoy the 40k universe I'll be completely honest. Although I do enjoy both tremendously. I had an eldar army that I had painted and used to game with, although I've sort of lost touch with the whole art. The lore and doomsday sort of thought that there is only war is actually crazy, I've loved it.

• Upvote 1

We have seized the means of production. Though union, and self-governance, we have organized between all peoples of the land.

I really enjoy the 40k universe I'll be completely honest. Although I do enjoy both tremendously. I had an eldar army that I had painted and used to game with, although I've sort of lost touch with the whole art. The lore and doomsday sort of thought that there is only war is actually crazy, I've loved it.

I liked how all races were pretty much equal !@#$ in their own rights. xD

• Upvote 1

d0r0WcS.gif

If it's SC1, StarCraft, 40k is too grimdark and confusing for me sometimes.

If it's the abomination that is SC2, 40k.

Story-wise anyway

What story? Starcraft 1 and Starcraft 2 are basically the same thing " Starcraft 1 = Queen of blades causes some shit" "StarCraft 2 = Queen of blades gets angry and causes more shit" at least with Warhammer you get a more in depth story about how the multiple races fight each other (with the imperium winning for a while) and all of them are being attacked by the forces of chaos. Starcraft keeps it's stuff to simplistic with "oh no, the zurg have risen again and we have to fight them off for the gillionith time". There are never any other races than the Terran, Zurg, or the Protos (I might be spelling the name wrong, but oh well). It's never about which race deserves the top slot (unless we're talking about SC2's weird attempt at making the Zurg's look like the good guys.). It's pretty much Blizzard trying to keep with their theme of ripping off the GameWorkshops past error of mis-copyrighting and keeping the Terran (humans) Zurg (tyranids) and Protos (Eldar) before people forgot what blizzard did with the other half of the races

Meh. Don't get me wrong, Starcraft will always hold a spot in my heart for a decent rts (god have mercy on SC2) but to say that any Starcraft game holds a candle for its "story" compared to Warhammer 40k is like saying that the OG Pokemon show had a better story than the Digimon shows story (which in my opinion Digimon had an actual depth in its story while pokemon had the fact that it's game caught on better)

d0r0WcS.gif

Maybe our taste are different but to me most reasons for fighting in 40k can be sum up as "Let's kill them all." with the exception of Tau and Eldar

Sure the reasons are different from faction to faction like racism (Imperium), for the lulz (Orks), insane fanatic worship (Chaos), consume everything (Tyranid), whatever the Necrons want, etc but at the core it's all the same.

It's interesting in a brutal, complex, dark way but, meh, not my cup of tea.

---------

Also:

Starcraft 1 & BW = Actual story about politics, grey morality, the villain actually won

Starcraft 2 = repetitive fantasy plot about dark god, chosen one, unity, @#% mass murder became naked flaming angel creator god.

Despite the crappy retcon-worthy mistake that is SC2 I still prefer the simplicity of SC better.

• Upvote 1

Maybe our taste are different but to me most reasons for fighting in 40k can be sum up as "Let's kill them all." with the exception of Tau and Eldar

Sure the reasons are different from faction to faction like racism (Imperium), for the lulz (Orks), insane fanatic worship (Chaos), consume everything (Tyranid), whatever the Necrons want, etc but at the core it's all the same.

It's interesting in a brutal, complex, dark way but, meh, not my cup of tea.

---------

Also:

Starcraft 1 & BW = Actual story about politics, grey morality, the villain actually won

Starcraft 2 = repetitive fantasy plot about dark god, chosen one, unity, @#% mass murder became naked flaming angel creator god.

Despite the crappy retcon-worthy mistake that is SC2 I still prefer the simplicity of SC better.

Touche'.

Have you looked at any of the Warhammer books by chance? They dabble more-so into the lore aspect as opossed to the graphic novel/games/comics.

d0r0WcS.gif

40k by far. The lore alone beats most sci-fi I've seen, canonical or otherwise. 

Personally, I've got a soft spot for the concept of a universe entrenched in a hopeless war on all fronts, with brutal last stands being the most common form of battlefield tactics. The Grimdark tagline hooked me from the start. 

And the fact that this same universe has something as amazing as the Angry Marines. 

• Upvote 1

duZjuvT.png?3

40k by far. The lore alone beats most sci-fi I've seen, canonical or otherwise. 

Personally, I've got a soft spot for the concept of a universe entrenched in a hopeless war on all fronts, with brutal last stands being the most common form of battlefield tactics. The Grimdark tagline hooked me from the start. 

And the fact that this same universe has something as amazing as the Angry Marines. 

rXsQvW9.jpg

d0r0WcS.gif