The War to End all Wars (RP Thread)

Ikhan

Sarajevo, Bosnia, the Austro-Hungarian Empire. June 28th, 1914, a day that marked the beginning of a war that would become known as "the War to end all Wars.". Unfortunately for the rest of the world, it was not the last. On that day, Franz Ferdinand von Hapsburg-Lorraine, Archduke of Austria-Este and Heir Apparent to the Austro-Hungarian Empire, was shot dead by a Bosnian Serb named Gavrilo Princip. It is now January of 1915, and you Serve on the frontlines, a Soldier or a Civilian. Several battles go on. Beware, poor soul, for 52.3% of all military personnel on the side of the allied powers and 57.5% of all military personnel on the side of the central powers would be wounded or killed.

Conditions you will face

CR-ED0314-sleeping-in-dugouts-ww1.png

a000396.jpg

fd103fec3615713c639e3a7eb70e601e.jpg

• Upvote 1

We marched on. The Empire would not retreat, we would not turn back, we would stay, we would fight, and we will die.

You will be home before the leaves fall off the tree! March for the fatherland, take down her enemies, and conquer all those who oppose us. 

(Chants erupt for the Deutschland, and for the Kaiser)

It has been  nearly a year, and these got damn brits won't stop their attacks. I lost 3 guys attempting to take 2ft of ground, is it worth it? Get yourself togther Overleutanant, we must not seem weak infront of the men. (Reveals Sergant Hoffman) Right Hoffman. 

(Artilerry sheels descend on the Germans.)

French Attack!!!

The Men lined up along the trench, some wearing merly pants. 

Fire on my mark! The French were right outside the trench. Fire!!!! the maxim machine gun began pumping rounds. Blood rained on the 93rd Die Kaisern Finest Korps. Their trenchs now reeked of death, blood overtook the mud filled trenches. 

Attack!!!! Ordered Hans.

The Germans ran across the no-mans-land. Belg and British resistance fireced. 1 by one they dropped. The Rifle Hans beared marked the mark of the the Kaisers Legion. The Elite German Unit tasked with secret and deadly tasked.It was his brothers rifle. 

As he charged, he only remembered one thing, the big explosion. 

Then He blacked out 

On and on and on we marched. Day turned to night, minutes to hours, hours to days. The Krauts were brutal in the first year, but this year seems different.

We know the French used tear gas once against German Forces, back in '14, but they claimed it was not banned by the Hague Convention. Of course, I don't believe that.

(Music keeps playing in the trench)

"Sigh... Could you people keep the music down a bit? I am writing home!"

"Yes sir!"

"Good... Good."

So as I was saying, we have heard rumors that the Germans attempted to use gas on the Russians, but it failed due to the cold. I am thankful that they did not work. I wish I could be home right now, for you, and our unborn child. Goodbye, my...

"Lieutenant Thornton! Come quick!"

"Fine. What is it Cornwall?.

"See for yourself."

"Oh my. MAN THE GUNS! THE KRAUTS ARE ATTACKING! GOD BE WITH YOU!"

(The soldiers man their posts as the Germans approached through the darkness. Suddenly, the Machine Guns opened fire upon them, nearly ending the raid except for a few men. After a minute, one of the soldiers attacking came close, and surrendered.)

"Should we kill him, sir?"

"No Williams, we will take him prisoner."

(OOC: Hunter Lexus, your character will survive, but will be badly injured. Is that okay?)

Edited by Alexei Lysenko

Dear Mother,
War is Hell. That is a summary of my life right now, but I’m sure you and the others would not be satisfied with a one sentence letter. So here is what I’ve been up to.
We have been spending the past few months in the trenches. I highly doubt that these trenches are any safer than normal warfare. There is constant disease and death. The smells are putrid. If you really need an idea, imagine dead bodies, human waste, and men who haven’t showered in months. There are many times where we are ankle deep in mud for weeks on end. Many of us have trench foot (a horrible condition where our feet become waterlogged and frozen).
Under all these conditions, sometimes I wonder if it’s really worth it to serve our country. Many fellows decided it wasn’t. They shot themselves “accidentally†so that they may go home instead of serving.
I must go now. Take care of yourselves and pray for me and my comrades.

Your loving son,
Hans
P.S. If it isn’t any trouble, could you please send me some socks? All of mine are in horrid condition.

Edited by Sailor Jerry

X4EfkAB.png

The Germans are at it again.

My regiment officer will not allow my battle plan under way to separate into three platoons and produce a distraction with one and the other two to create an encirclement around the German forces with such of a surprise attack.

These filthy men at Masurian Lakes won't pay any shit of attention to the incoming war and infiltration of us Russians. They will not have to worry. We are for good, and for Mother Russia!

Edited by Mahmoud Al-emin

Dear family,

The war is brutal. In a trench, I lay, do nothing, as I sit outside in mud and water. How did nature come to this?

There is no green, only brown, grey, and red. Red from blood.

One hour ago, enemy tunnelers detonated mines in our trench. Many were killed! It was horrific! The horrors I cannot explain, and you cannot understand, not through words! And a few minutes later, another!

I fear for my life! And what is--

*BOOM*

*Shouts*

"It's another one!"

"Stop!"

"Don't move!"

"AAARRRGGHHHH!!!!"

*Man jumps out into no man's land and starts running; he is shot*

A man has just been shot! After another mine!

We are surely done for. And I do not sympathize with the enemy, but I surely hope they face not horrors as we.

"We must charge!"

"Must we?"

My group is going to charge. Mother, father, family, friends-- These may be my last words!

"CHARGE!"

"AAARRRRGGGHHH!!!"

"DEATH!"

"FOR F--"

*BOOM*

This is very small

Where am I! Screamed Hans.

Calm down Oberleutaniant, you are in a field hospital in Belgium. 

Where are my men! why am I not in the front!.

Oberleutenaint stop screaming. Listen

Your unit was wiped out. 

Wait What! that can not be, we were nearly 451 men! how could we.

The Brits and French pushed back the 6th army back a couple of KM. General Albrecht of Würtemmberg has led a counter-attack.

I must return to the front! Ober you will be of no worth dead, rest. That is an order

(Dialogue between Nurse and Hans) (Wolf and Hunter) 

"Hello, family. Those were not my last words. I retrieved again this scrap of parchment. I will tell you the story.

I awakened looking up at stars. It was night. I thought maybe the battle was over, until the blood rushed back to my ears and heard gunfire and explosions.

I also felt something on my arm. I was being pulled backward by a man.

Eventually, he pulled me into the trench again. We had not advanced any further, nor retreated.

"He is alive!"

"The only one?"

I looked, confused. "What do you mean the only one? Alive? What happened?"

"There was an explosion! In front of you. You fell down, and we couldn't tell if you were alive or not. The sergeant was killed, too."

"Indeed? Terrible!"

And so, I slithered back into the pitiful trench, the long scar across the land of mud and death.

"Where is my gun?" I asked the man, and he gave me a gun, but it was not mine.

And that leads to now. I must go, now, there is little space left.

Love you all,

Vincent."

"Nice letter, Dubois."

"Hey! You were looking over my shoulder!"

"Eh, I got no family to write to. Makes me feel li--"

*Gunfire goes in front of both faces*

*Both recoil back into the trench*

"God! This place! I ought to shoot myself to get out of here!"

*Man crawls over*

"You'll do no such thing!"

"Well, it was a joke--"

"Where's your gun!?"

"It's, um, here, sir."

*Vincent crawls away, about twenty feet*

*BOOM!*

"GOD NO ANOTHER ONE!?"

"What? But... but that was Jacques! And... he's gone!"

"Was it another mine!?"

*Vincent thinks*

"If they use tunnels to get here, could not we also go in there? We can hide, and when the tunnelers come, we will shoot them!"

"I agree, Corporal Dubois!"

"Come, you! And you as well! Grab shovels."

*Vincent and two others go into the tunnel*

"Sir, I cannot see anything."

"Nor I, Joreu."

*They keep walking*

"Halt, soldiers! Dig to the sides a space for you to wait."

*They dig, spreading the dirt into the tunnel*

"Sir, I am finished."

"I, too, Corporal."

"And so we all are. We wait, now."

This is very small

A few minutes after the attack by the Germans on the trench, the Soldiers under First Lieutenant Thornton waited for the dust to clear.

"So... What now Lieutenant?" said Private Thompson

"First of all, you will refer to me as either Sir or Lieutenant Thornton. Got it? As for your question, we wait for the dust to clear so we can see if anyone survived. If there are any injured, we will assist them. We need to show that we are not monsters, Thompson." Lieutenant Thornton replied.

"Yes Sir!" Said the Private in response.

"If you need me, just say the word." Thornton said.

"Understood Sir!" the group said to him.

As the smoke cleared, it was clear that a few people did indeed survive.

"MEDIC! GET YOURSELF DOWN HERE AND ASSIST THESE PEOPLE!" shouted Lieutenant Thornton.

"Yes sir! I am on it!" the medic replied with respect as he got the German Soldiers away from the front.

"Why exactly are we helping the enemy sir? Have we not forgotten that the Germans massacred many Belgians in the first days of the war?" asked Private Thompson, who was obviously confused.

"These men, while the regime may have done some horrible things, are not the reason for it. And if they did assist in it, they are not beyond redemption." Lieutenant Thornton replied. "Now, I will be in the bunker, writing." he added.

The men all agreed with him, however they stayed where they were to counter any German Raids.

"Ugh, this letter is ruined, great. Well, time to write another one." James murmured to himself while crumpling the note before grabbing a new sheet.

My dearest wife,

I know it has seemed like a long time since I last saw you, but remember, I am fighting for you, and the son you are expecting soon. I hope to be able to get some leave for the next two months, however, I doubt my request will be granted. Nonetheless, I will attempt to get it accepted. We were recently attacked by the Germans, however we quickly repulsed them. There were some survivors, however, we are treating them as we do to our wounded. This war has taken its toll, three soldiers in my Platoon. Three of my closest friends, gone like a speck of dust in the wind. My higher ups have been considering promotion soon, if that is, I don't die before then. The conditions of the trenches has not been the best, and of course, mud, mud, and even more mud. It is like it and our trench are inseparable. And to think, the Germans have it much better! At least I don't serve in a French Trench!

Forever yours,

James.

OOC: Well, I believe it will be about a week per irl day, unless I say otherwise. Also, the Application thread is also for OOC talk. As for it following the timeline, there could be some slight differences in the war due to so many people taking part.

"So you plan to head back to London, tommorow, huh?" Elmer had a sad smile on his face as he spoke and his eyes had a shimmer of disappointment that broke my heart.

"As much as I would love to stay and continue to help, I believe I have given.my mother too many nights of tears." I said and looked away from my best friend's gaze.

Elmer and I had known each other since we were lads in diapers. He had been like a brother I had always desired and it was no surprise that we would both go into the field of medicine. But while I had done it to follow more in my late father's footsteps, Elmer had done it to actually help people, which always made him the bigger man.

He proved it to me again now in this tiny town in France. We had decided to travel to France to offer our skills to civillians closer to the carnage of this bloody conflict. It was a calling Elmer anf I felt but now I abandon to give my mother and little sister peace of mind.

"A mother will always worry about her child," Elmer gave a jerky nod, his eyes still disappointed, "My mother has continued to write to beg me to come home, especially when the Germans began attacking from the sky."

I frowned, remembering Kade writing to him about that not too long ago.

"Perhaps you should come back with me. I do not wish to leave here by yourself and I'm sure another physician would return to France with you."

The suggestion was a stretch especially with Elmer being a stubborn git at some points. But I meant what I said: leaving him was something I could not bear on my conscious.

"George..." And then a loud boom could be heard, "What was that!"

I bolted up from my chair and rushed to the window of our flat (we acquired it in exchange for free medical service).

Another explosion rocked the floor beneath us and I gasped as I realized our mothers' worse fears were about to come true as I saw German soldiers rushing in, their weapons ready.

Nerd To The Core

Bring him over here! 

Fast he will black out. 

Oberleutnant can you hear me, move your hand if you can! He is going into shock, get me that needle. 

WAIT What, why it will kill him. 

Do you have a better Idea!? No I didnt think so. 

Handing the needle reluctantly, You Know he is a Oberleutanant, and if he dies you saw what they did to Racheal, To the fire squad for sabotage, god damn Germans. 

Quickly moving the needle into place, and stabbing an area next to the heart, the Oberleutnant jolts awake. 

Where am I! Screamed Hans.

Calm down Oberleutaniant, you are in a field hospital in Belgium. 

Where are my men! why am I not in the front!.

Oberleutenaint stop screaming. Listen

Your unit was wiped out. 

Wait What! that can not be, we were nearly 451 men! how could we.

The Brits and French pushed back the 6th army back a couple of KM. General Albrecht of Würtemmberg has led a counter-attack.

I must return to the front! Ober you will be of no worth dead, rest. That is an order

Hans feel asleep 

He saw the nurse and called for her

Yes Oberl... Please it is hans. 

Oh, well hans what can I do for you?

Your Belg? 

Yes,

You speak German?

My mother is from the Netherlands, my Father is from the Germanic Part of Belgium, 

Oh. Water please, and a newspaper, and close the door on your way out Nurse?

Nurse Kathrine, Oberletn... I mean Hans ( :) )

sig.gif

British artillery pounded defencive positions along the bluff. Under the cover of the artillery, the 1/6th Gurkha rifles assembled below this bluff. Sargent Min and his squad would be the first ones to climb up.

"Alright, 1st squad start the climb", commanded Lieutenant Pierce. "I want that machine gun firing as soon as possible"

I readied myself for the climb and took a breath to think about my brother. He was somewhere else, taking his own objective.

The climb was an ordinary affair, thank the gods. We scaled the bluff with ease. The Turks were busy being pounded by the artillery guns. We made it safely on top but the battle was had just began.

The front line trenches had noticed our arrival. 

"INCOMING FIRE!! FIND COVER", I shouted as I hit the dirt and scrambled to find cover.

Bullets whizzed past as I started to look around to find the men in my squad.  The men had all made it. All trying to find cover, except one.

"GHALE!!! GET THE !@#$ DOWN " I got up to run towards him. He struggled to keep standing. "NO!! GET THE !@#$ DOWN!".

By the time I reached him he'd taken two bullets to the chest, yet he stood. "Private get the !@#$ down and follow me."

The other squads had pushed up and had started the assault on the first few trenches. "RAI, take Ghale to cover and see to his wounds. The rest with me. ADVANCE."

With bayonet affixed, we moved with the other squads to clear the front trenches. Spotting a few Turks retreating, I raised my rifle and shot then moved on. The bluff would fall. I was sure of it.

During the break between fighting seasons, Hans has been called to Duke Karl of Mechlenberg's quarters.  Accompanying him are his immediate superiors and all seem to have this air of grimness about them.  They enter and wait to be called into the Duke's office.  Not sure what to make of the situation, everyone shuffles a bit uneasily and fidgets with various parts of their uniforms to ensure they are all presentable. 

The double doors to the office open, and a shapely, slightly older women, no doubt the Duke's secretary, announces "The Duke will see you now.  Right this way gentlemen".  We proceed into the office in rank order, which means Hans enters last.  Not sure what to do with the doors after he enters, the secretary motions him forward and closes the doors as she leaves the room.  The Duke is standing in front of an open window, sun shining through on him as he looks down at something outside just out of our view.  After a few long seconds, the Duke, turns on his heels toward his desk.  "Gentlemen, please have a seat" he says as he motions toward some nice cushioned chairs.

Once everyone is seated, the Duke looks over the assembled soldiers and begins.  "I have called upon Hans von Verger for two reason......make that three reasons.  The first two are of a good nature, the second, not so much I'm afraid.  It has come to the attention of the highest order of those in Berlin about your sharpshooting prowess in your previous 5 battles."  He lifts a piece of paper from his desk and begins to read.  "It has been verified by the high command that as of 06 December, 1914, Hans von Verger, has the following number of confirmed kills. 

Battle of Stalluponen on 17 August 1914, 7 kills 

Battle of Gumbinnen on 20 August 1914, 31 kills

Battle of Tannenberg, 26-30 August 1914, 46 kills

Battle of Mausrian Lakes, 7-14 September 1914, 62 kills

Battle of Lodz, 07 November - 06 December 1914, 57 kills

Total Comfirmed Kills (TCKs) to date: 203

"Due to these actions on the part of a single individual, the high command wishes to recognize you for your efforts.  You have now earned yourself a field commission to the rank of "Hauptmann" (Captain) and the Kreuz für Auszeichnung im Kriege (Cross for Distinction in War).  Stand now and be recognized."  The assembled group stands sharply at attention as the Duke comes around from his desk and pins on Hans' new rank insignia and medal.  The two shake hands and the Duke motions for everyone to sit again.  As the Duke leans back on his desk, crossing his arms in front of him, he begins in a low tone, as if thinking of the words to say.  "With this, the high command has recognized several other sharpshooters from other units and has decided to form a new grouping within the infantry......called, "The Schnitters" (Reapers).  To be part of this.....esteemed group of men, one must have at least 100 confirmed kills credited to them.  From hear on out, all Reapers will have first choice of rifles, scopes and ammunition when they need it.....no questions asked.  Also, the high command will require the use of a "calling card" to be placed on your kills......if you can reach them.  If not due to compromising yourself, or if your unit has to fall back, then leaving the appropriate number of "calling cards" based on the number of kills from that spot will be left.  This way, as the enemy sees these "calling cards", they will know a Reaper was responsible.  Something to due with what the high command is calling "Psychological Warfare" or "PsyOps".  Not sure if it will do anything, but it's an experiment they are willing to try." 

"On to the bad news", the Duke grimaces.  "It has been brought to out attention, that your bother has been killed in action.  He died while charging an enemy machine gun nest with two grenades with pulled pins.  In sacrificing his life, he saved the lives of over two dozen of is unit.  His body is to be transported back to your family where he will be awarded German's highest medal and will be given a full military funeral." 

The mood in the room has gone very somber.  After a few minutes has passed, and news of his brother's death has set in, Hans looks the Duke in the eye as he stands and asks in low, gravely voice, "These calling cards, what do they look like and where can I get some......I've work to do".  The Duke places a hand on Hans' shoulder and reaches back on his desk and hands him a bag.  "There are 100 in there now and we will ensure we keep enough on hand so you'll always have them.  Hans opens the bag and reaches in.  As he pulls the card out and stares at it, he smiles a little and turns and shows the card to the other in the room:

Death_zps3wxxlkqi.jpg

And with that, he turns to the Duke and with a slight bow, if you will excuse me now my lord, there is much planning to do.  The Duke inclines his head a little in acknowledgement, "Make you preparations Reaper......and happy hunting".  Hans turns on his heels sharply and leaves the room back to quarters to start planning. 

X4EfkAB.png

In the trenches, you could hear moaning from the wounded, both British and German. Soldiers are exchanging fire from across no-mans land. After a few minutes writing, 1st Lieutenant James Thornton headed to the field hospital to check in on the condition of the wounded.

"Well, at least the letter is finished. I hope She reads it." he would say to himself "Sigh, I really do have an odd form of commanding my men, being in the trench instead of staying back and all." he would add before someone else got his attention.

"Sir? Come quickly, someone got shot in the hand." the young private said with cowardice.

"Sigh, okay, I will come. But do not expect me to be exactly light in punishment if it is what I think it is." James replied. "By the way, what is your name?" he asked.

"Uh, William, William Jameson, sir." the private replied.

Soon, the two would reach the area where the soldier who got shot in the hand was at.

"Get a field medic up here, now." Lieutenant Thornton said in a loud voice.

"Yes Sir!" the private replied as he went for a field medic.

"You really think I would fall for your trick, lad? I know what you." James said to the private, obviously enraged by the actions of the man.

"S-s-sir, I really don't understand what is wrong." the private would say fearfully in response.

"Oh come on, you didn't even hide it. Gun on the ground, tip covered in blood. It is obvious you shot yourself so you wouldn't have to go over the top, didn't ya?" he added in response, his rage building up on the inside. "WELL? Did you do it or not Private? You WILL tell me or so help me, I will shoot you myself." he added, while letting his rage out.

"Okay, I admit, I did shoot myself to avoid going over the top." the private said with remorse as the field medic arrived.

"Treat him here before I send him back for punishment." James ordered the medic.

"Understood Sir." the medic said while treating the man.

And so, after an hour, the man was taken back from the front for military punishment, likely to be executed.

"Elmer, hurry up! We have to get out of here!"

"No! He needs help!"

We had taken refuge in an alley. Gunshots and words being shouted in English and German rung in my already ringing ears and I kept seeing people running, women, men, and children. I knew this could possibly happen when I crossed the channel to get here, but I couldn't deny being terrified as I then turned to Elmer who was putting pressure on the leg wound of our neighbor.

We ran into him when leaving the flat. He was older and I remembered him telling tales of his late son who had died in this war. He said he had sent his wife and younger sons to England, thinking it would be safer, but stayed to be close to his son's memories.

But now he laid bleeding in a narrow alley that came from a German's rifle. He was prepared to fire out another shot when the bulky butcher tackled him and shouted for us to run.

Elmer had looked conflicted as I hoisted the older man onto our shoulders and yelled at him to move. The last thing I heard as we turned our backs was a struggle.

But now, it was getting to hairy, we had to get out of town and find a hiding place. It wouldn't be long until this town came under full German occupation and I, for one, had no intention of being under their thumb.

Elmer ignored me as expected as he took off his coat and began ripping off pieces of it. The man, Jasper, grimaced and tried to hold back his screams as Elmer tied the pieces around his wound.

"George, check and see if it's clear!" Elmer looked at me with a fiery expression, daring me to challenge him.

I didn't as I rushed to the mouth of the alley and looked up and down the street. I still people running and Germans barging into building. Another explosion rocked the ground beneath me but I dared not look and see where it came from.

"We have to move quickly," I said and looked over my shoulder to see Elmer already supporting Jasper on his shoulders again.

Apart of me knew this would slow us down, an injured, older gentleman was a liability in this moment. But I knew Eet wouldn't allow it and I, myself, had morals as a human being and physician.

It took us a few attempts when Jasper kept gasping pain, but we finally managed to get him out of the alley. We stayed in the shade as much as we could, and I tried to ignore the rampant footsteps and gunfitez followed by screams. I also began raying for mercy to be shown on us, to allow me to return hole in one piece to see my sister and mother. For Elmer to see his family and for Jasper to be reunited with what remained of his family.

As I finishedy prayer, a gunshot again was heard, and we jerked to a stop. I looked at Jasper with panicked eyes who was looking Elmer who's shoulder was being stained with red.

Nerd To The Core

"Dear family,

I am writing now several feet below the ground. It is completely dark so I have no idea if this is even readable! I wait in a tunnel, for the despicable Germans to come, so we can get our revenge.

It has been several hours. We have had nothing to eat for quite a while. I am with two others, and once the Germans come, death be quick to them!

We will--"

"Sir, Colonel Dubois, I hear something!" whispered one of the men.

"I, too, Colonel."

"Well, then, men, 'tis the time to fight," replied Colonel Dubois.

The Germans walked forwards carefully. They carried no lanterns, or any light. Thus, they did not see Colonel Dubois's foot, and they stepped on it.

"NOW!" exclaimed Colonel Dubois.

Suddenly, the three french soldiers ran out and stabbed the four Germans with their bayonets.

"Hilfe!" exclaimed a wounded German soldier. "Ich tue, was Sie wollen! Ich sage Ihnen , was Sie wissen wollen! Töten Sie mich nicht ! Bitte!"

"What does he say?" asked one of the French soldiers.

"I don't know," replied Colonel Dubois. "We will take the live ones back to the trench."

"

"Ich tue, was Sie wollen! Ich sage Ihnen , was Sie wissen wollen! Töten Sie mich nicht ! Bitte!

Edited by Pury Uryq

This is very small

Oberleutanant Hans

Your coruage and your honor for the Deutchsland do not go unoticed. 

Emperor Kaiser thanks you for your serive, for your suffering and ffor your loss. He orders that Hans...

My Name is Winter von Hoffman, my brother was Hans. 

Oh my bad, I am sorry for your lost, I knew him. He was a great lad.

You seem to recover, you will be assigned to MP control, in Northern France, sector bravo.

Here is the Iron Cross, I should not bother you any longer.

"What does he say?" asked Colonel Vincent Dubois.

"He said... he will do what we want. Answer questions, all that, he just wants to live."

"You will betray your country!?" shouted Dubois.

"Sie Ihr Land verraten würde , sagt er." said the man who spoke both French and German.

"Ich will einfach nur zu leben!" replied the German.

"He says he just wants to live."

"Despicable!" shouted Dubois over the gunfire. "Don't translate that," he added. "Ask him why he is so desperate to live, and betray his nation."

The translator translated.

"He says he would rather be a prisoner than here."

"Ha! Tell him, then he will be a prisoner in here!" he stated as he gestured toward the trench.

"In diesem Fall werden Sie ein Gefangener in hier sein!"

"Aber ich will nicht kämpfen?" asked the German.

"He wants to know if he will fight."

Colonel Dubois thought for a moment. "Ask Sergeant Boubsil."

"Yes, sir."

The man took the German prisoner away to another man.

Eventually, he was taken back to Vincent.

"Colonel, he is to be shot."

"Shot?" asked the colonel.

"Was wird passieren?" asked the German.

"Sie werden sterben geschossen werden." said the translator soldier.

"At who's hands will he die?" asked Colonel Dubois.

"Yours, if you wish, sir."

Slowly, Vincent got his gun, and aimed strait for the German man's head.

"What is his name?"

"Wie heißen Sie?" translated for the prisoner.

"Adalbert."

With that, Adalbert the German soldier hung his head and closed his eyes, as he was shot by Dubois.

This is very small

"Colonel Dubois!" shouted Colonel Sebastion Freenz II.

"What!?" screamed Colonel Vincent Dubois as he fired his gun, vigorously.

Colonel Freenz as well began to fire his gun.

"I think I know what we must do!" shouted Colonel Freenz.

"What is it?" asked Vincent.

"We can't shoot from here. We need to get closer!"

"I've been up there before. I do not want to go up there again!"

"Our aim is terrible from in this trench. We need to get closer!"

Vincent thought for a moment. "Our chances of survival are much less than our chances of shooting someone from here!"

"Vincent--"

"You will NOT call me Vincent, Colonel!"

"You, too are a Colonel."

"It matters not!" shouted Vincent.

"We will lead our groups, charge across the battlefield," determined Sebastion. "We will then drop down to shoot them!"

"AARRRGHHH! I DO NOT WANT TO DO THIS!"

"We must Colonel!"

"FINE! EVERYONE IN MY GROUP, CHARGE FORWARD!"

"AND MINE!" shouted Sebastion.

This is very small

"FOR FRANCE!" screamed Colonel Dubois.

"FOR MY FAMILY!" screamed Colonel Freenz.

"DEATH!"

"FOR FRANCE!"

"CHARGE FORWARD!"

And so, they charged forward, dropping one after the another.

"HEADS LOW!" shouted Sebastion.

"WE'RE DYING, COLONEL FREENZ!" screamed Vincent. "I TOLD YOU SO, AND THOSE MAY BE MY LAST WORDS!"

"DOWN, NOW!" replied Sebastion.

All that was left of the two groups dropped down, and began firing their guns.

"LOOK OUT!" shouted someone.

A shell exploded above, sending shrapnel down at them. Half of Dubois's group is wiped out.

"THIS WAS A BAD IDEA, FREENZ!"

"I AGREE! AND I'M COLONEL FREENZ!"

They continue firing at the Germans.

"I GOT ONE!" shouts Vincent. "AND ANOTHER ONE! AND ONE MORE! THIS WAS A GREAT IDEA, COLONEL FREENZ!"

"I AGREE!"

Enemy Germans begin dropping down in their own trenches, whether being shot or for fear of being shot by this hard to see menace.

Suddenly, an explosive killed almost everyone in both groups.

"HOW MANY LEFT!?"

Dubois counted the remaining soldiers.

"ONLY US AND TWO MORE!"

"WE ARE LUCKY! BUT MAYBE NOT MORE! GET OUT OF HERE! I'LL HOLD THEM OFF!"

"THANK YOU! YOUR NOBILITY WILL BE REWARDED, SEBASTION!"

They ran off as Sebastion Freenz II shot at the Germans. When they reached their trench, Sebastion slowly crawled back to the trench, narrowly escaping death.

This is very small

OOC: Hey Alexei, can you change our ranks, we accidently made ourselves one of the highest military ranks in the french army. We want to be Corporals, not Colonels. By us I mean Pury Uryq and me. 

This is very small

I looked over my shoulder, a German soilder aiming his rifle at us with sick glee in his eyes, but he didn't fire. It didn't take long for me to realize that he wanted us to keep running, to get satisfaction of seeing his wounded prey limp hopelessly away.

I prayed that this war had made this animal and that the Germans didn't recruit them.

"Gehen auf lauf!" He yelled.

"He's telling us to run," Jasper said.

"We do that, he kill us," Elmer was slouching, his shoulder still bleeding and a brave face still on

"We stand here, he or another one will kill us," I added and I began feeling the overwhelming pressure of hopelessness.

"Leave me, here!" Jasper said, "I chose to stay here so I shall die here."

"No, we will not leave you."

"Gehen au lauf!" The soldier yelled again.

(OOC: sorry if the German is off, google translate and all.)

Nerd To The Core