A Complaint

I was warned for placing 20k mines in the oceans around my nation.

In terms of roleplay, you're free to be as creative as you like, as long as you do your best to keep it interesting for others, and as long as you agree to follow the rules. That includes not going Godmode or any such thing against other nations, etc.

"Stay within your means" said the person whom warned me.

Oh hey look there's a nation with like 400 score that has a freaking intergalactic empire.

And there's also a weird witch nation.

My mistake, two weird witch nations.

And I got warned for being creative. There's no rules against doing this, since I didn't include any other nations in my post. Thus, I was unfairly warned.

And, also, I'll have you know, while you keep saying "stay within your means", what is in my means is technically an opinion. Since I never stated anything about costs or whatever. For all you know, some space alien could've landed in a farm carrying 20,000 mines and gave them to us, and then we killed the alien and didn't say anything about it because we didn't want people to know that some extraterrestrial creature landed in our nation with a ton of explosives.

• Upvote 4

This is very small

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naval_mine#Description

''They can be inexpensive: some variants can cost as little as US$2000...''

20,000 X 2,000 = 40,000,000.

Meonesia has a GDP of 1.7 billion. And who knows how much undeclared wealth is generated from Meonesia's United Kingdom colonies.

Meonesia can reasonably place 20,000 mines down.

• Upvote 2

new_forum_sig_2.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naval_mine#Description

''They can be inexpensive: some variants can cost as little as US$2000...''

20,000 X 2,000 = 40,000,000.

Meonesia has a GDP of 1.7 billion. And who knows how much undeclared wealth is generated from Meonesia's United Kingdom colonies.

Meonesia can reasonably place 20,000 mines down.

Plus science and stuff and boom mines are like $1,000 bucks each

This is very small

Although the point of this post is that I should be able to do whatever I want if it doesn't interfere with anyone else, since it only happened in my nation and no other nations were involved.

This is very small

Although the point of this post is that I should be able to do whatever I want if it doesn't interfere with anyone else, since it only happened in my nation and no other nations were involved.

You are, but doesn't 20,000 mines seem a bit excessive? Calm down, man.

1288901501_RokkenjimaSignature.png.0d904885417dedabec1671424bcdd01b.png

When the seagulls cried, none were left alive.

"If life is a miracle, then death is a certainty."

I was warned for placing 20k mines in the oceans around my nation.

"Stay within your means" said the person whom warned me.

Oh hey look there's a nation with like 400 score that has a freaking intergalactic empire.

And there's also a weird witch nation.

My mistake, two weird witch nations.

And I got warned for being creative. There's no rules against doing this, since I didn't include any other nations in my post. Thus, I was unfairly warned.

And, also, I'll have you know, while you keep saying "stay within your means", what is in my means is technically an opinion. Since I never stated anything about costs or whatever. For all you know, some space alien could've landed in a farm carrying 20,000 mines and gave them to us, and then we killed the alien and didn't say anything about it because we didn't want people to know that some extraterrestrial creature landed in our nation with a ton of explosives.

The thing is, we actually gave a reason behind it and how such things happened, unlike you who only put the mines in without any background.

The thing is, we actually gave a reason behind it and how such things happened, unlike you who only put the mines in without any background.

That's not the point. The point is if you can make your 400 score nation an intergalactic empire, and that is allowed, I should be able to put down 20,000 mines without being warned for "Stay within your means".

If this guy did all he wanted, your empire would crumble because it's not within your means.

• Upvote 1

This is very small

I disagree Riza :P , the mod staff blame others unfairly quite often and it is ridiculous. They can have witch empires we can't destroy but someone cant RP the Empire from Star Wars, or place 20,000 mines? The mod staff need to lay off sometimes or be replaced.

I can understand my warning since Communist Japan stole all my territory and I declared war on him (that is another issue, not able to share territory but w/e) however warning people who are having fun in RP is just stupid and takes all the fun away. It is stupid and is why I never post anything on the dumb PnW wiki because of their stupid RP rules; why post anything if it will be deleted? Why post in National Affairs if some mod just shits on your parade every time.

Edited by Mayor
  • Upvote 1

Peoples of RP, 

The warning given to the OP has been revoked for the obvious reasons. Outside of context to moderators and people that do not roleplay on a regular basis it would seem that the warning was justified. After speaking to the RP Team leader and conversing with other Moderators it was decided to remove this warning given and here is why:

Roleplaying beyond means or basically becoming a god means that you  deliberately and literally doing something that just would not be possible in RL (with regards to magic and all that jazz). Nations here might be based of some type of present RL lore or some made-up lore that is presented clearly and well throughout an RP, which is acceptable. If a nation in the RL wanted to drop mines off the coast of their country, they could literally do it -why don't they? Because it wouldn't be perceived too well in PR or politically and it would ultimately call for the UN and other national committees to place sanctions and shit on their country which just wouldn't work out to well with their own economics and trade routes....

So yes, Pury's military display was big, heavy, and pretty crazy if you look at the angle of politics and public relations....but was it beyond his own means? was it excessive? Thats where you have to draw the line.

Instead of complaining, use it to boost your own RP, give your nation a public voice, do something about it in RP. Thats what this is all about - use it and be creative.

Thanks and apologies for the warn. o/ 

• Upvote 3

It was a pleasure serving this community - Stay Frosty!

Forum Rules ☆ Game Rules ☆ Terms of Service ☆ PW Wiki ☆ IRC

I disagree Riza :P , the mod staff blame others unfairly quite often and it is ridiculous. They can have witch empires we can't destroy but someone cant RP the Empire from Star Wars, or place 20,000 mines?

When did we warn someone for RP The Empire from Star Wars, if I remember correctly Alexei tried to use his NatRap 'mod' position to use it to force his only style of rp(which is directly related to the star wars incident) and the actual moderation team didn't give out warns. We don't unfairly moderate the forums, especially the National Forums considering the moderation team doesn't RP. Four has been active in these forums to ensure rules are being followed, but he doesn't get involved, and the only time i got involved with NatRP is when Alexei made a comment use the forum mod team against another player.

If you can refer to actual cases.of mods overstepping, please PM them to me. We rarely give out warns, especially in the National Forums. Hell - Most warns are issued to rule violations in the General Debate and General Discussion forums and I would like to see where you are coming from.

• Upvote 1
tumblr_nrkmfbUz9q1uomx7lo1_400.gif

Why not like band together to take down his nation if y'all are so worried about it and stuff. LIke this is RP, we roleplay stuff.

• Upvote 2

When did we warn someone for RP The Empire from Star Wars, if I remember correctly Alexei tried to use his NatRap 'mod' position to use it to force his only style of rp(which is directly related to the star wars incident) and the actual moderation team didn't give out warns. We don't unfairly moderate the forums, especially the National Forums considering the moderation team doesn't RP. Four has been active in these forums to ensure rules are being followed, but he doesn't get involved, and the only time i got involved with NatRP is when Alexei made a comment use the forum mod team against another player.

If you can refer to actual cases.of mods overstepping, please PM them to me. We rarely give out warns, especially in the National Forums. Hell - Most warns are issued to rule violations in the General Debate and General Discussion forums and I would like to see where you are coming from.

I actually wasn't complaining about the mods like Four or yourself but 'mods' like Alexei, I am not aware of this star wars incident though? Anyways I agree with what Four has said above your post. I think there should be less 'oh you can't do that' and more RP, if 20,000 mines is absurd then RP it, or if Imperial Star Destroyers are battling German fighters in a hilarious picture then just laugh and stay out of it.

I agree with Four and yourself completely; I just think the temp mods need to tone it down sometimes with their moderation rhetoric. Britannia used to do something similar in his RP but I called him out and since then he stopped ignoring RPers 'claiming non-canon'. Since then Britannia has been one of the best players to RP with and I am glad that he listened to my advice.

Thanks for your reply though; I love to RP and these sort of things I think do need to be addressed. Thank you for removing his warn. : )

• Upvote 1

You didn't mention me you rude bloke.

I have complained to you personally on steam. :P

Anyways I just have problems with people dictating how others should RP; you know this very well. ;)

I have no issue with your witch RP, but I think everyone should be held to same standards.

• Upvote 1

I actually wasn't complaining about the mods like Four or yourself but 'mods' like Alexei, I am not aware of this star wars incident though? Anyways I agree with what Four has said above your post. I think there should be less 'oh you can't do that' and more RP, if 20,000 mines is absurd then RP it, or if Imperial Star Destroyers are battling German fighters in a hilarious picture then just laugh and stay out of it.

I agree with Four and yourself completely; I just think the temp mods need to tone it down sometimes with their moderation rhetoric. Britannia used to do something similar in his RP but I called him out and since then he stopped ignoring RPers 'claiming non-canon'. Since then Britannia has been one of the best players to RP with and I am glad that he listened to my advice.

Thanks for your reply though; I love to RP and these sort of things I think do need to be addressed. Thank you for removing his warn. : )

Oh! I thought you meant actual Forum mods, and I was trying to figure out when did we give out unnecessary warnings, sorry for the mix up! And NatRP Moderation have no forum moderation powers. Technically all they can do is report it to the moderation team and may inform you of what rule they think you broke, but all in all, the Alex and Forum Mod team has the final say if it's a rule violation or not and we try to be fair in every report we get. This community we are moderating is to keep the forums running correctly, so the community can function and hopefully make your experience on these forums more enjoyable and better. If it wasn't for you, the players, these forums would be useless, and the mod team appreciate the players dedication to the game.

o/

• Upvote 4
tumblr_nrkmfbUz9q1uomx7lo1_400.gif

Okay, thanks anyway. Next time I won't place 20k mines :P

Yeah, you will place 100k mines instead  ^-^

Edited by Alexei Lysenko
  • Upvote 3