7/3/2016 - City Templates and Bulk Infrastructure/Land Purchasing

Alex

You have the voice of an angel. It's like Jesus and Fergi made love and your voice was the result. 

• Upvote 6

yVHTSLQ.png

(TEst lives on but I'm in BK stronk now and too lazy to change the image)

• Administrators

Posting this here for anyone curious as well:

<Psweet> Sheepy, what happens if I use a template from one city with 1600 infra on another city with 1500 infra?  Just a generic error, or will it attempt to buy the infra for me, or something else?

<~Sheepy> Just an error
<~Sheepy> "You don't have enough infra to use this template" or something like that

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Only took you 3 years or so to do something so small.

• Upvote 3

"In an honest service there is thin commons, low wages, and hard labor; in this, plenty and satiety, pleasure and ease, liberty and power; and who would not balance creditor on this side, when all the hazard that is run for it, at worst, is only a sour look or two at choking. No, a merry life and a short one, shall be my motto." - Bartholomew "Black Bart" Roberts

Green Enforcement Agency will rise again!

• Administrators

Only took you 3 years or so to do something so small.

The game isn't even 2 years old bud :P

where is button in game for template? link? 

7c160c4c015d45a7a87091bbbaa45728.png

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

This update was EXACTLY what I had in minds for the past couple months.  Alex nailed it.  THANK YOU.

I had 2 ideas:

1) City Templates so we don't have to click millions of times to switch from econ mode to war mode

2) Cost feature that tells how much it will cost to switch a given city over to the update

...and Alex nailed them both.  Kudos!

This game has just had a HUGE step up in quality of life. :D

Edited by Culdee
  • Upvote 1

Wonderful, love this change,  thanks a bajillion!

• Upvote 1

greene.png

Formerly known as Grealind of Resvernas (28 October 2014-29 August 2017) and Greene of Japan (29 August 2017-28 Septmber 2017)

7th Caretaker of Duat, the Deity Thoth

makes rebuilds much easier, thnx...Would've been extremely useful like 2 days ago, but better late than never.

• Upvote 1

I don't sleep enough

Also, I am an Keynesian Utilitarian

Lastly, Hello world

When purchasing Infrastructure and Land, the algorithm is configured to purchase any amount smaller than 100 first, and then in increments of 100 thereafter. For example, if you have 55 Infrastructure, and you wish to purchase up to 300, it would calculate the cost like so: 55->100->200->300

Why not 55->155->255->300? Literally all you have to do is make it prioritize the buying of 100s first. (Compare StillHasToBuy with 100 and then buy wichever is less) Who in their right mind would buy to round up first and then pay more expenisve infra up to their desired level.

Also, when are you gonna fix war?

tvPWtuA.gif

Pro tip: If you want to label your templates, you can do so by adding extra fields like so:

{
    "name": "Econ Build",
    "continent": "Africa",

"infra_needed": 1300,
    "imp_total": 26,
    "imp_coalpower": 0,
    "etc": "..."
}
{
    "name": "War Build",
    "continent": "North America",
    "comment": "Roll Sheepy",
    "infra_needed": 1300,
    "imp_total": 26,
    "imp_coalpower": 0,
    "etc": "..."
}

They just have to be in the format "key": "value", (comma included unless it's the last line), and the strings have to be valid JSON strings. (Stick to ASCII text and avoid using quotes ( " ) and backslashes ( \ ) if you don't care to look that up.)

• Upvote 1
RollSheepy.png

When purchasing Infrastructure and Land, the algorithm is configured to purchase any amount smaller than 100 first, and then in increments of 100 thereafter. For example, if you have 55 Infrastructure, and you wish to purchase up to 300, it would calculate the cost like so: 55->100->200->300

Why not 55->155->255->300? Literally all you have to do is make it prioritize the buying of 100s first. (Compare StillHasToBuy with 100 and then buy wichever is less) Who in their right mind would buy to round up first and then pay more expenisve infra up to their desired level.

People with competent maths skills who like to spend less on infra, that's who.

Remainder First:		Remainder Last:
 55 -> 100 =  $14,253.32	 55 -> 155 =  $31,674.03
100 -> 200 =  $36,468.04	155 -> 255 =  $46,393.35
200 -> 300 =  $57,769.59	255 -> 300 =  $34,015.70
 55 -> 300 = $108,490.95	 55 -> 300 = $112,083.08
  • Upvote 1
RollSheepy.png

Question: What happens if a player in my alliance tries to import one of my cities with something like a Lead Mine when he can't produce Lead due to his continent?

☾☆

High Priest of Dio

People with competent maths skills who like to spend less on infra, that's who.

Remainder First:		Remainder Last:
 55 -> 100 =  $14,253.32	 55 -> 155 =  $31,674.03
100 -> 200 =  $36,468.04	155 -> 255 =  $46,393.35
200 -> 300 =  $57,769.59	255 -> 300 =  $34,015.70
 55 -> 300 = $108,490.95	 55 -> 300 = $112,083.08

Interesting... I saw bunch of guides that suggested qutie the opposite, since price raises with amount of infra you have.

Damn it.... I did it the wrong way. Sheeeeeeet.

Still mindblown. Can't belive i was wrong for so long.

Edited by DragonK

tvPWtuA.gif

• Administrators

Also, when are you gonna fix war?

As Ghux pointed out, it's cheaper to do it the other way. It is unintuitive.

Question: What happens if a player in my alliance tries to import one of my cities with something like a Lead Mine when he can't produce Lead due to his continent?

You'll get an error saying you're not on the correct continent for that improvement.

Interesting... I saw bunch of guides that suggested qutie the opposite, since price raises with amount of infra you have.

Damn it.... I did it the wrong way. Sheeeeeeet.

Still mindblown. Can't belive i was wrong for so long.

Also blew my mind; I previously believed as you did until others pointed out it was cheaper this way.

Forums Rules | Game Link

o sht gib him a bounty for that^

01:58:39 <BeowulftheSecond> Belisarius of The Byzantine Empire has sent your nation $0.00, 0.00 food, 0.00 coal, 0.00 oil, 0.00 uranium, 0.00 lead, 0.00 iron, 0.00 bauxite, 0.00 gasoline, 0.00 munitions, 1,000.00 steel, and 0.00 aluminum from the alliance bank of Rose.
01:58:46 <BeowulftheSecond> someone please explain 
01:59:12 <%Belisarius> sleep deprivatin is a &#33;@#&#036; @_@
01:59:14 â€” %Belisarius shrugs
01:59:18 <BeowulftheSecond> we're at WAR. WE ARE BURNING EACH OTHER'S PIXELS

i assume: be currently at max mil, max military improvements. change city template to one with no military improvements, retaining full mil and freeing slots for full econ

normally if you destroy mil improvments one by one it checks to see if that puts ur max troop capacity below ur current troops, maybe using a city template it doesnt do that.

someone pls confirm this bug btw or im talking out my butt

01:58:39 <BeowulftheSecond> Belisarius of The Byzantine Empire has sent your nation $0.00, 0.00 food, 0.00 coal, 0.00 oil, 0.00 uranium, 0.00 lead, 0.00 iron, 0.00 bauxite, 0.00 gasoline, 0.00 munitions, 1,000.00 steel, and 0.00 aluminum from the alliance bank of Rose.
01:58:46 <BeowulftheSecond> someone please explain 
01:59:12 <%Belisarius> sleep deprivatin is a &#33;@#&#036; @_@
01:59:14 â€” %Belisarius shrugs
01:59:18 <BeowulftheSecond> we're at WAR. WE ARE BURNING EACH OTHER'S PIXELS

• Administrators

i assume: be currently at max mil, max military improvements. change city template to one with no military improvements, retaining full mil and freeing slots for full econ

normally if you destroy mil improvments one by one it checks to see if that puts ur max troop capacity below ur current troops, maybe using a city template it doesnt do that.

someone pls confirm this bug btw or im talking out my butt

There's no bug - it won't let you sell improvements that you need to support your military. You can't just assume something's broken without trying it.

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Jax locked this topic