Zero Time Dilemma

Rozalia

So I thought I'd bring this up, though no sub forum fit so I put it here. Virtue's Last Reward, that this game is a sequel to is the one that got me into Visual Novels and for a while a sequel looked unlikely but thankfully it's gotten made. So if any peeps liked that and aren't aware it's getting a sequel then here you go, good news. It comes out this month, interestingly America & Europe seem to be getting it before Japan. May be related to I believe Virtue's Last Reward (and 999 before it) being failures in Japan but being much more popular in the west. 

Characters below. I think I can see what they're going for with Diana and Zero's Plague Doctor mask is an improvement over his usual gas mask I'd say. 

Zero-Escape-3-Zero-time-Dilemma-equipos-

• 2 weeks later...

Got it on release and am enjoying it thus far. What annoyed me early on was of my own making as I wanted to see if "gold files" like in VLR existed so I checked the trophy list and... while doing that my eye glanced on one which seemed like it could possibly spoil the game. When I learn spoilers like that they bore into my head as obviously I can't forget them and that really annoyed me... however I wrote it off as merely an ending and nothing more.

Happily it was just that as I knew for a certain when I attained the ending that leads into VLR. I then got the ending for that trophy and that annoyance was cleared from my mind.

Not going to say much as spoilers and all that, but one thing I will say is I liked how the opening can give you a quick ending. Zero tosses a coin and says that basically if they call it right then he'll let them go, and if they get it wrong then six of them will die. Most games would have it either be impossible to guess correctly, or they'd just make the antagonist state that he lied and they're going to die anyway. Nope. Zero just lets them out and the game's credits roll. Of course due to the plot it seems quite obvious to me why Zero can afford to just let them go.

Finished and definitely worth playing, minor fan complaints are minor stuff not worth fretting over. Decisions making the split paths instead of what person you decide to pair up with like in VLR is a definite improvement though this Zero with his plots borders on omniscience. Zero is always crazy powerful in that respect but this time it's even more absurd.

Game ends in a nice state where they could well make another game or leave it at that.