6/16/2016 - Captchas

Alex

I got one right after the last fix. Didn't get another one until about 20 minutes ago, now I am getting them every 10 clicks or so.

*tests it*

*opens up PnW on a baseball page, clicks "Back to Team", immediately gets a captcha*

Uhhhhh.... yeah, now I see what you mean, lol. O.o

Even better, when you're forced to do a captcha it will redirect you back to the page you were previously on. How convenient is that?

That begs the question, as far as trading is concerned. will it keep the previous inputs? (selecting steel / selling) or will it stay the same and revert to default? 

Because thats tedious and annoying. 

Also can we have the option of selling the stadium?  even if its only for 25% of the investment. 

Edited by Callum

HoloSig2017.png.afe1505c82cc3db09be025a9

• Administrators

That begs the question, as far as trading is concerned. will it keep the previous inputs? (selecting steel / selling) or will it stay the same and revert to default? 

Because thats tedious and annoying. 

It keeps the inputs.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

So, are we going to be stuck with the captchas every 10 clicks again for baseball or are you going to try and adjust the frequency of the occurrences of the captchas to something less annoying? If not please go back to putting them on the host game page so that we will at least know when and where they will pop up. Might as well increase the payouts again if you do so.

For people who are complaining about the captchas, how exactly would you set it up?

(inb4 unnecessary saltiness)

Honest answer:

How about going back to precisely how it was? I don't remember too much gripping about them. The new system is the opposite of what sheepy intended imho. It is frustrating.

As for bassball can you please make the captch static and show up every 3 or 4 games? The loading of the captch page followed by the loading of the redirect page followed by the loading of the game page makes the system super clunky/user unfreindly.

-signature removed for rules violation-

Honest answer:

How about going back to precisely how it was? I don't remember too much gripping about them. The new system is the opposite of what sheepy intended imho. It is frustrating.

As for bassball can you please make the captch static and show up every 3 or 4 games? The loading of the captch page followed by the loading of the redirect page followed by the loading of the game page makes the system super clunky/user unfreindly.

I hated it the way it was before, too, to be honest.

But yeah, this is frustrating.

In the beginning of this new system, everything was so fast and there were hardly any captchas at all. I got a ton of games done, it was great.

I have no idea why captchas started popping up more often.

I hated it the way it was before, too, to be honest.

But yeah, this is frustrating.

In the beginning of this new system, everything was so fast and there were hardly any captchas at all. I got a ton of games done, it was great.

I have no idea why captchas started popping up more often.

I meant the game overall -and the captcha system wasn't perfect but it was not this bad.

As for baseball, that was obnoxious I agree. However the reward was woth it to some. Now it is just as bad, if not worse, and the reward is far lower.

Why did it change? I think this was the original intent. What happened was a code error on another part of the game (city management) caused admin to turn the system off while they fixed it. They fixed it and reimplemented the original and current system.

-signature removed for rules violation-

Right now it takes anywhere from 5(if you are lucky) to 8 clicks to acknowledge each captcha and you get them every 10 clicks so you spend almost as many clicks to clear one as you do to get to one. I doubt that is what was intended, at least I hope not.

I meant the game overall -and the captcha system wasn't perfect but it was not this bad.

As for baseball, that was obnoxious I agree. However the reward was woth it to some. Now it is just as bad, if not worse, and the reward is far lower.

Why did it change? I think this was the original intent. What happened was a code error on another part of the game (city management) caused admin to turn the system off while they fixed it. They fixed it and reimplemented the original and current system.

Oh, hah.

Okay, then. ^_^

Having it be per game instead of per page load would be great. Shifting winnings to at least 10% of total revenue earned would be great.

Still having issues with captchas appearing on pages they shouldn't be but it's smoother than it was before. Tbh, having to put one in every baseball game was less annoying than having them pop up in other screens while I'm attempting time sensitive war related stuff.

Edited by Auctor

I've played 14,768 baseball games over the past 220 days (average of 67.12 daily), never had a problem or been this annoyed with the captcha until now, it's rediculs.

At least before you basically could avoid them if you didn't want to see them, now they are everywhere. And for the couple of bucks you get for winning a game there's no point in spending millions to increase player stats. Eventually baseball will die in P&W as it won't be worth the effort.

Edited by Rhino

I've played 14,768 baseball games over the past 220 days (average of 67.12 daily), never had a problem or been this annoyed with the captcha until now, it's rediculs.

At least before you basically could avoid them if you didn't want to see them, now they are everywhere. And for the couple of bucks you get for winning a game there's no point in spending millions to increase player stats. Eventually baseball will die in P&W as it won't be worth the effort.

Currently it's only worth hosting games, unless you want to literally spend your entire day playing baseball.

I only occasionally log on to do a few things and I still get an inordinate number of captchas, including on pretty much every Host Game. If the captcha rate is going to be nearly identical to the old annoying system, shouldn't the rewards be the same?

Though I'd prefer fewer captchas, hah.

Well, it seems that Alex doesn't care that the captchas are popping up on different pages. He has had plenty of time to look at and address the issue but hasn't said a thing so he has pretty much killed baseball for most people. While only a few people have posted here to say anything there are many many more people that are less than happy with the situation involving the captchas.

I'd prefer if baseball was more realistic. You know like one game a day? But we actually make decent money? And there's seasons and playoffs and championships? I'd find that more interesting than Click. Click. Click. Click.

"Experience demands that man is the only animal which devours his own kind, for I can apply no milder term to the general prey of the rich on the poor."

• Administrators

I'd prefer if baseball was more realistic. You know like one game a day? But we actually make decent money? And there's seasons and playoffs and championships? I'd find that more interesting than Click. Click. Click. Click.

The point of Baseball is that it gives you something to do when there's nothing else to do. If it were a once a day thing, that would defeat the purpose.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

The point of Baseball is that it gives you something to do when there's nothing else to do. If it were a once a day thing, that would defeat the purpose.

now people have no incentive to do it at all

people before very active needed something to do. have the baseball game for lots of fun!

now that taken from them. very unjust as people invest millions into baseball and lose it

at least give people money back 

• Administrators

The site is becoming borderline unusable with the captcha trigger rate. 

Captchas only appear on trade and baseball pages - and less frequently before. I don't see how that makes the site unusable.

Forums Rules | Game Link

Captchas only appear on trade and baseball pages - and less frequently before. I don't see how that makes the site unusable.

You fail to see a lot of things.

"In an honest service there is thin commons, low wages, and hard labor; in this, plenty and satiety, pleasure and ease, liberty and power; and who would not balance creditor on this side, when all the hazard that is run for it, at worst, is only a sour look or two at choking. No, a merry life and a short one, shall be my motto." - Bartholomew "Black Bart" Roberts

Green Enforcement Agency will rise again!

Dear Sheep God in Baatopia, Alex, it pops up almost every time I go to host a game, and doesn't even let me host a game after pressing the submit button -- I have to wait to be directed to the Are You Human? page, fill out the form, and wait to be directed back to the Host Game page, and THEN click Host Game to host a game.

Sigh.

/in-a-mood-to-complain-things, but still true. ;P

• Jax locked this topic