Test World War

Basically, I just want to create a thread in which all participants engage in a global war. I say a 2-way beat-em-up like both IRL world wars were would be good.

The only stipulation is that there should be a focus on travel time and economic impacts from the conflict.

I say nuclear weapons should be allowed, but at a stipulation of 1 per nation (of those who have nukes).

Anyone interested? If so, I'll create a sign-up OOC thread on on the main forum and we can start talking out more details.

EDIT: This would only be an experiment. There would be no lasting damage to your nation in the roleplay outside of the thread itself.

Edited by Thalmor

new_forum_sig_2.png

Interesting. But I am going to be neutral at first.

Nope, the whole war will be an experiment to see how an actual war would go over. You, fundamental to the goal of the project, CANNOT be neutral.

Also (I meant to say it in the OP but forgot), this is a TEST, an EXPERIMENT, not an actual war with consequence. Even if you were completely taken over and most of your population killed, that would only be limited to the thread the war is in.

new_forum_sig_2.png

• 2 weeks later...

Nope, the whole war will be an experiment to see how an actual war would go over. You, fundamental to the goal of the project, CANNOT be neutral.

Also (I meant to say it in the OP but forgot), this is a TEST, an EXPERIMENT, not an actual war with consequence. Even if you were completely taken over and most of your population killed, that would only be limited to the thread the war is in.

I think he could so what the US did or Netherlands etc... and then if one of us "steps out of line" is forced to join the war, of if we decided meh we dont care and invade him anyways 

I think he could so what the US did or Netherlands etc... and then if one of us "steps out of line" is forced to join the war, of if we decided meh we dont care and invade him anyways 

No, nothing like that.

It would literally just be a senseless, worldwide bloodbath. The goal would be just to see how everyone would play in a war.

Again, though, there wouldn't be any expected consequence because it would just be a test.

new_forum_sig_2.png

• 2 months later...

I'd like to maybe see you guys test this out - so that if we were to have an RP that builds to great tension in the Rp world, and a war was to break out, you guys would know what to do or at least HOW to do it. 

It was a pleasure serving this community - Stay Frosty!

Forum Rules ☆ Game Rules ☆ Terms of Service ☆ PW Wiki ☆ IRC

I'd like to maybe see you guys test this out - so that if we were to have an RP that builds to great tension in the Rp world, and a war was to break out, you guys would know what to do or at least HOW to do it. 

Well, it does seem like Meonesia is about to start one.

I think as I see it a Cold War will be the remains IDO vs Coalition, let's hope not ,

We should defiantly do a World War, if we all respect each other like the Evenstar-Caledonian-Dutch war j think is still going on, we could take notes and implement here

Or we could have everyone in a nearby war range attack each other, and have the alliances agree not to retalliate.

As "realistic" as that sounds - with everyone at different ranges I expect only a few people would actually be able to participate. I would expect even fewer to actually go along with the idea. Not saying it is bad, just saying that in the long run, it might not be the optimal solution. 

How did that other war operate successfully?

It was a pleasure serving this community - Stay Frosty!

Forum Rules ☆ Game Rules ☆ Terms of Service ☆ PW Wiki ☆ IRC