Civilization VI.

Ikhan

Have you seen the screenshots over on the Steam page? It has this really horrid cartoony artstyle

Well, so do pretty much all of the Civ games.

I'm excited for it, myself. Hope it does well.

putin-trump-sig_zps657urhx9.jpg

That turned me off also. I thought about pre-ordering it, but I'll wait until some gameplay footage comes out.

We have seized the means of production. Though union, and self-governance, we have organized between all peoples of the land.

The cartoony style isn't that bad since it will help make certain details about the terrain stand out more, as well helping the game run on crappier devices. I heard that one of the reasons why the devs chose this style was because they saw that lots of people play zoomed out. Also, a cartoony style will age much better than a realistic style.

• Upvote 2

The art style is a lot better than beyond earth which was more like someone had been sick on my screen.

Normally not overly fussed on art style of my strategy games anyway. So long as this isn't as buggy as civ 5 or doesn't need 2 dlcs to actually be worth calling it a 'game' then Civ 6 should be fine.

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.

I actually kind of like the new art style. I wouldn't necessarily say it's better, but it does look pretty smooth and I wouldn't consider it to be a change for the worse. It kind of reminds me of Tropico, which looks great.

• Upvote 1

orwell_s_1984_oceania_s_currency_by_dungsc127_d97k1zt-fullview.jpg.9994c8f495b96849443aa0defa8730be.jpg

I actually kind of like the new art style. I wouldn't necessarily say it's better, but it does look pretty smooth and I wouldn't consider it to be a change for the worse. It kind of reminds me of Tropico, which looks great.

Same, I really like the graphics style. But what matters is how it plays, not how it looks.

• Upvote 2

Same, I really like the graphics style. But what matters is how it plays, not how it looks.

That's definitely true, gameplay is paramount. Just a few minutes ago, I read this article which outlines some of the gameplay changes, they seem pretty promising.

• Upvote 1

orwell_s_1984_oceania_s_currency_by_dungsc127_d97k1zt-fullview.jpg.9994c8f495b96849443aa0defa8730be.jpg

TBH, it looks like a mobile game. 

You apparently haven't played T4 on max graphics. 

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

As long as this one doesn't launch half finished like V does. Although TBH, nothing will pull me away form Paradox at this point.

You guys are also looking at an unfinished game v: The art style may just be a placemarker for more defined graphics that will come later before the release...or not. Civ 6 will still be a great game :D

• Upvote 1

All hail Irken

All hail the Tallest!

You guys are also looking at an unfinished game v: The art style may just be a placemarker for more defined graphics that will come later before the release...or not. Civ 6 will still be a great game :D

Yeah, this. I remember when Simcity 5 was announced, it looked kind of like this. 

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

• 2 weeks later...

Not a huge fan of the art style, I do hope it will chance. I definitely like that unit stacking is (kind of) back though.

*Change

(Totally worth it)

Not a huge fan of the art style, I do hope it will chance. I definitely like that unit stacking is (kind of) back though.

Yeah sounds like you'll be able to put artillery units with other units, which is good because it is a pain to position artillery units in civ 5

• Upvote 1

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.