Operation: Olympus (Applications)

Ikhan

So, since there has been no real roleplay in this subforum, I think it is time to start one up. The backstory behind this roleplay is that there has been a war on Orbis that devastated the planet, and as such, most nations have started work on a new research station on Mars (No idea if it exists in this universe or not). I will give more backstory below, which will be in character:

"Today, ten years ago, a treaty was signed that would end the most recent Global War, which wiped out 0.5% of the population of Orbis. With that treaty being signed, a new organization was founded which would regulate the way nations conducted diplomacy, in an attempt to end all wars. It is now 2022, and I, Mykhail Zelenko, am the commander of a base on the planet Mars, and to be more specific, the Tharsis Region, in which Olympus Mons, the largest Volcano to ever exist in the solar system, exists. Luckily, it is actually extinct, otherwise we would be dead right now. As for the goal of the mission, we are here to study Martian Geology, find Life, etc etc... As for myself, I specialize in geology and physics, even though I really don't get enough time to study, being the commander of the mission. I know this may seem random, but there is actually another base about five or so kilometers away from here. The Base is labeled "Tharsis Base", after the region it lays in. However, me and my crew stay on "Olympus Base". We do, on occasion, have a visitor from the base visit, but that is only once a month or something like it. Well, that is all for me. Commander Mykhail Zelenko, signing off..."

Basic Information (Important)

1.) There are still rivalries between nations, but it isn't to the point of going to war.

2.) The nations of Orbis will, for the most part, have survived.

3.) The bases look something like this: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/1b/7d/30/1b7d30589e9f4ddcca4ac51e00054790.jpg (You must click the link if you are to see what it looks like!)

4.) There are two bases, Olympus Base, and Tharsis Base, which are about 5km away from each other.

5.) A war occurred which allowed for an organization to be created that would go about exploring the Solar System. The Corporation has been stationed somewhere in Europe, with members of each nation involved in the project working there.

6.) There will be the following positions available: Chief Science officer, Botanist, Geologist, Physiscist, Chief of Engineering, and Engineer.

Rules

1.) No Out of Character Posts in the rp thread, unless absolutely needed.

2.) Posts must be at least one paragraph in length, unless you are speaking to another person involved.

3.) You Must be realistic about actions, even if the gravity on the planet is only 38% of that on earth. Things falling on you can still injure you or kill you, not to mention moving is very difficult compared to Earth, as you must deal with having less gravity.

4.) No godmodding your characters. ie "I knock the man down, and thrust down on him with a knife, killing the person immediately." If you are going to do it, you must, and I mean MUST. get the permission of the other person out of character. Here is a proper way of doing it: Person A. "I would attempt to knock the man down with a hard thrust." Person B. "I would move out of the way, just in time, but still staggering from the shock." Person A. "I would attempt to do so again, but this time, coming from a different angle." Person B. "I would be taken off guard by the strike, and would fall over." You get the idea. (The I at the begining of the sentences is just a placeholder. You must use your character's name for it.)

Application Format

This bit will be for the application format. I will also show a version with my character on it. Application format below:

Name:

Date of Birth:

Family:

Country of Origin:

Physical Description:

And now, my application, which is below, also, you have to put in the middle name when I said name on the application format...

Name: Mykhail Ivanovich Zelenko

Date of Birth: April 12th, 1995.

Family: Ivan Zelenko, father, Sofiya Zelenko, mother.

Country of Origin: The Grand Ruthenian Empire of Chernigov

Physical Description: Has a scar on the left half of his lips|green eyes|dark brown hair|caucasian|slightly muscular|wears a blue shirt when not outside of the base|his EVA suit has red stripes on it, denoting his rank as a commander|his EVA suit also has a patch for the mission, which is kept on his arm.

Mission Members

This part will be for those who have been accepted into the roleplay. Keep this in mind, applications will end when we have around six or seven people joining per base.

Mykhail Ivanovich Zelenko - Commander

Edited by Alexei Lysenko
  • Upvote 2

You talk about a bunch of background stuff, but you haven't gone into depth on just what exactly people will be RP'ing.

Psweet> pro-tip: don't listen to baronus if Prezyan disagrees with him

5:48 AM — +Eva-Beatrice sq**rts all over the walls

Eva-Beatrice> I'd let Sintiya conquer me anyday x)

10:56 PM — +Eva-Beatrice m*st*rb*tes in front of Prezyan

12:13 AM — +Eva-Beatrice has no one to !@#$ :(

Sounds cool.

Name: Iomneq Vangareqi (Male)

Date of Birth: Feb. 3, 1969

Family: Imochi Vangareqi (Father), Mesi Kher (Mother)

Country of Origin: Northern Meonesian Federation (Colony of Chernigov); I'd do Meonesia but isolation so i can't

Physical Description:

• Eyes: Black
  • Hair: Blonde
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Muscular
  • EVA Suit is the same color as mars, except for the visor of course and the patch with the flag of the Grand Ruthenian Empire of Chernigov and the Northern Meonesian Federation flag, as well as a patch with an indication of his rank
  • When not in EVA Suit, wears a T-Shirt and khaki pants (all the rage in NMF!)
  • Position wanted: Chief Science
Edited by Altim Atae

This is very small

Born 1969, RP takes place 2022, obviously is 34.

• Upvote 1

Name: Karl F. Tarris

Date of Birth: June 13th, 1995

Family: Henry Tarris (Father), Lily Tarris (Mother), Aela Tarris (Younger Sister)

Country of Origin: The Former Empire of Narvan/The Republic of Narvan

Physical Description:

Height: 1.85 meters

Eyes: Green/Hazel

Hair: Brownish-blonde
Fit, Caucasian, Male

Has a personal EVA Suit w/ the poorly stitched on Narvanese Imperial flag and the actual Republican flag on it.

pls gib physicist 

Edited by Prezyan

Sounds cool.

Name: Iomneq Vangareqi (Male)

Family: Imochi Vangareqi (Father), Mesi Kher (Mother)

Country of Origin: Northern Meonesian Federation (Colony of Chernigov); I'd do Meonesia but isolation so i can't

Physical Description:

• Eyes: Black
  • Hair: Blonde
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Muscular
  • EVA Suit is the same color as mars, except for the visor of course and the patch with the flag of the Grand Ruthenian Empire of Chernigov and the Northern Meonesian Federation flag, as well as a patch with an indication of his rank
  • When not in EVA Suit, wears a T-Shirt and khaki pants (all the rage in NMF!)
  • Position wanted: Chief Science

Accepted as Chief Science.

Name: Karl F. Tarris

Date of Birth: June 13th, 1995

Family: Henry Tarris (Father), Lily Tarris (Mother), Aela Tarris (Younger Sister)

Country of Origin: The Former Empire of Narvan/The Republic of Narvan

Physical Description:

Height: 1.85 meters

Eyes: Green/Hazel

Hair: Brownish-blonde

Fit, Caucasian, Male

Has a personal EVA Suit w/ the poorly stitched on Narvanese Imperial flag and the actual Republican flag on it.

pls gib physicist 

Accepted as physicist.

The Chief of Science says that the physicist must calculate the gravitational accelaration on Mars.

I have a list of science questions :D

Also, I know it's on google. Just answer like you did experiments.

This is very small

The Chief of Science says that the physicist must calculate the gravitational accelaration on Mars.

I have a list of science questions :D

Also, I know it's on google. Just answer like you did experiments.

This is not the roleplay thread.

So... Since I feel it is time to do so, I will be starting the rp thread soon. That does not mean that applications will be closed, just that if you wish to join, I will have to come up with a clever explanation for as to why you were not there for the time, such as being out on an expedition, being from a different base, etc etc...

• 1 month later...

Name: Angela Merkel 

Date of Birth: 1990 24 April

Family: The Bismarck Royal Family

Country of Origin: DeustchReich

Physical Description: 

Blue Eyes

and a dyed Red hair

a black armor suit,

a military special force beret 

knife and handgun in straps 

has a special Armour unit that can deflect most ballistics --- if acceptable 

Name: Angela Merkel 

Date of Birth: 1990 24 April

Family: The Bismarck Royal Family

Country of Origin: DeustchReich

Physical Description: 

Blue Eyes

and a dyed Red hair

a black armor suit,

a military special force beret 

knife and handgun in straps 

has a special Armour unit that can deflect most ballistics --- if acceptable 

Denied.

Also you aren't 24 if you were born in 1990... it's 2004

So unless Mr. Lysenko wishes to accept 14 year old girls...

Which I did not. But that is not the only reason for it. It was that he/she was trying to make this a war rp.

Also you aren't 24 if you were born in 1990... it's 2004

So unless Mr. Lysenko wishes to accept 14 year old girls...

Since it takes place in 2022, as previously stated, both Altim and Angela are wrong.

Edited by Dimitri Valko

putin-trump-sig_zps657urhx9.jpg

Name: Martin Vilhelm Veres

Date of Birth: February 20th, 1999

Family: Abigél Veres (mother), Kazimír Veres (father), Henrik Veres (older brother)

Country of Origin: The Authoritarian State of Ryas

Physical Description: Dark green EVA suit, short red hair, stubble, pale green eyes, 5'11'' (1.8 metres), muscular from intensive physical training

putin-trump-sig_zps657urhx9.jpg

Name: Martin Vilhelm Veres

Date of Birth: February 20th, 1999

Family: Abigél Veres (mother), Kazimír Veres (father), Henrik Veres (older brother)

Country of Origin: The Authoritarian State of Ryas

Physical Description: Dark green EVA suit, short red hair, stubble, pale green eyes, 5'11'' (1.8 metres), muscular from intensive physical training

Accepted. Welcome to the crew.

• Upvote 1