TLF Announcement

Alataq

Irrelevant Announcement Incoming

UWRc0ou.jpgA TLF Announcement 8gH1eRP.jpg

Us here in TLF are proud to announce some new changes to the alliance.

First off, TLF is now protected by Arrgh. We have been friends with Arrgh for some time now, and we are very happy to have a protection contract with Arrgh.

We would also like to officially invite every alliance diplomat to come visit our new forums. If you have any negative feelings towards us, or any questions... this would be a good place to ask/discuss with our members/government. The webpage is http://tlf.enjin.com/. We hope to see some of you over there

New Charter Below 

UWRc0ou.jpgThe Light Federation Charter8gH1eRP.jpg

Article I, Principles

The Light Federation (hereby known as TLF) is an alliance founded upon the principles of safety, and involvement. To maintain those principles we ask every member to show respect for all nations in The Light Federation. These principles may also be extended to friendly and/or allied alliances. The Light Federation is a peaceful alliance but will defend its sovereignty until it can fight no more.

Article II, Raiding

Members of The Light Federation are not allowed to raid any member of an alliance with over 5 members. 
Members of TLF can also not raid members of an alliance with open diplomacy with The Light Federation; the raider will be warned to stop, and if they continue attacks then the raider will be expelled from The Light Federation.
In the event that the raid proves disastrous, all nations are responsible for their own actions 

Article III, Forums
The Light Federation will have forums located at http://tlf.enjin.com/forum
TLF will always welcome diplomats to apply on the forums

Article IV, Government

Triumvirate

The Triumvirate of TLF is to be the central leading figure in the alliance. As a result, the success or failure of the alliance falls upon these 3 people’s shoulders. As the face of the alliance, they are to lead with care, honesty and trust.
Each Triumvir runs a department and can appoint a Regents/Beneficiaries for those said departments.
Triumvir of MA
Triumvir of IA
Triumvir of FA
There does not have to be 3 Triumvirs at all time. If a Triumvir leaves, and the Triumvirs that are left agree that nobody can fill that slot, it will be left vacant.
The Triumvir can dissolve established treaties ONLY if agreed upon by the head Triumvir as well as with mutual support from the other two Triumvirs. 
The Triumvirate has the right to declare war after at least a 48 hour discussion with the Beneficiaries.
The head Triumvir gets the final vote and can decide whether something happens or not. This head Triumvir is decided on by the Triumvirate. 

The Regents

The Regents exist to assist and help oversee departments/Beneficiaries that the Triumvirate are either too busy to deal with, or it’s not the most important thing going on in the alliance at that time.
All duties carried out by the Triumvir will be carried out by the Regent under his or her control if given certain and special permission.
Each Triumvir may pick his or her Regent.
The Regent positions are as follows:
Regent of FA
Regent of IA
Regent of MA
The Regent is the Triumvirate Assistant and Advisor, and every Executive action the Triumvirate takes will be checked with the Regents before taken into act. 
The Triumvirate can still go through with whatever executive action even if the Regents disagree.
There is no set amount of Regents. The max amount of Regents is 3 (one for each Triumvir) and the least amount of Regents allowed is 1. 

Beneficiaries

The Beneficiaries of the alliance act as ministers to carry out the administrative duty of the alliance.
Beneficiaries are appointed by the Triumvir or by the Regents if given permission.
Beneficiaries must manage the following divisions of the alliance administration:
Beneficiary of FA
Beneficiary of IA
Beneficiary of MA
The purpose and duties of the Beneficiaries are to be adaptable to changing circumstances and to be established by cooperative agreement between the Triumvir and the other Beneficiaries.
Beneficiaries may also post announcements only if given permission by their Regent and their Triumvir.
A Beneficiary may be removed by their Regent or Triumvir that oversees them at any time if they are not doing their job.
There is no set amount of beneficiaries allowed. The range of beneficiaries allowed is the lowest of 1 person and the max of 5 people.

Article V: Amendment Modifying/Adding

The TLF Charter can be Changed/Amended with a majority vote of the government (Triumvirs, Regents, Beneficiaries). An amendment vote can be requested by the Triumvirate, any Regent, Beneficiary, or by a Representative

New Government
AXiSJgX.jpg
(Yes Yosodog, we're still using this flag <3)

Triumvir of FA (Head Triumvir) - MrBooty
Triumvir of IA - Alataq
Triumvir of MA - Lysandre Mackintosh
Regent of IA - Char Aznebelle
Regent of MA - Erin
Beneficiary of FA - Baker Harrington
  • Upvote 1

dpluao815a3.png

Why put your forums in the charter itself? Seems pretty unnecessary and stupid.

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Why put your forums in the charter itself? Seems pretty unnecessary and stupid.

Put it in there as more of a boundary type thing. Saying we will have forums somewhere. You're right though, it is unncessary

dpluao815a3.png

First off, TLF is now protected by Arrgh. We have been friends with Arrgh for some time now, and we are very happy to have a protection contract with Arrgh. 

Members of The Light Federation are not allowed to raid any member of an alliance with over 5 members. 

Members of TLF can also not raid members of an alliance with open diplomacy with The Light Federation; the raider will be warned to stop, and if they continue attacks then the raider will be expelled from The Light Federation.
In the event that the raid proves disastrous, all nations are responsible for their own actions 

TLDR: you want to raid smaller AAs while being protected from larger AAs. Nothing hypocritical there (don't raid us pls, but let us raid you if you're smaller). Nothing at all. Also do you still allow for raiding of AAs with less than six members, but larger protectorates? Unlikely I believe.

Also you claim to be peaceful, but you raid entire AAs (smaller than six members)? Please you're only looking to get rich off the backs of smaller nations and AAs while being under protection by Arrrgh! from larger ones.

Triumvirate

The Triumvirate of TLF is to be the central leading figure in the alliance. As a result, the success or failure of the alliance falls upon these 3 people’s shoulders. As the face of the alliance, they are to lead with care, honesty and trust.
Each Triumvir runs a department and can appoint a Regents/Beneficiaries for those said departments.
Triumvir of MA
Triumvir of IA
Triumvir of FA
There does not have to be 3 Triumvirs at all time. If a Triumvir leaves, and the Triumvirs that are left agree that nobody can fill that slot, it will be left vacant.
The Triumvir can dissolve established treaties ONLY if agreed upon by the head Triumvir as well as with mutual support from the other two Triumvirs. 
The Triumvirate has the right to declare war after at least a 48 hour discussion with the Beneficiaries.
The head Triumvir gets the final vote and can decide whether something happens or not. This head Triumvir is decided on by the Triumvirate. 

So a triumvir is chosen by the other two triumvirs. Sounds pretty circle jerk and potentially homogeneous (depending on the attitudes of the triumvirs). How is the head triumvir chosen precisely? I get that a vote is involved, but what if there is a lack of agreement within the triumvirs? What if there are differing attitudes with the triumvirs is what I am asking. How would you remove a triumvir if there was an issue of competency exactly; just the head triumvir decides all by his lonesome? I see no potential issues there. 

Edited by EliteCanada

-snip-

Did I really hit a nerve with an update post like this?

We don't raid people with protectors or above 5 members. That's a very tight raiding policy. See other alliances. 

dpluao815a3.png

Did I really hit a nerve with an update post like this?

Solid response. Elaborate, eloquent and well thought out.

10/10 all worries and criticisms removed (not that anyone really cares about my lowly opinion(s) ;) ).

o/ 

We don't raid people with protectors or above 5 members. That's a very tight raiding policy. See other alliances. 

What I'm saying is why not have it as part of the Charter so none of your own members make a mistake through accidental ignorance,

Edited by EliteCanada

TLDR: you want to raid smaller AAs while being protected from larger AAs. Nothing hypocritical there (don't raid us pls, but let us raid you if you're smaller). Nothing at all. Also do you still allow for raiding of AAs with less than six members, but larger protectorates? Unlikely I believe.

Also you claim to be peaceful, but you raid entire AAs (smaller than six members)? Please you're only looking to get rich off the backs of smaller nations and AAs while being under protection by Arrrgh! from larger ones.

So a triumvir is chosen by the other two triumvirs. Sounds pretty circle jerk and potentially homogeneous (depending on the attitudes of the triumvirs). How is the head triumvir chosen precisely? I get that a vote is involved, but what if there is a lack of agreement within the triumvirs? What if there are differing attitudes with the triumvirs is what I am asking. How would you remove a triumvir if there was an issue of competency exactly; just the head triumvir decides all by his lonesome? I see no potential issues there.

ouch that hurts. Also TLF does not intentionally raid members of an alliance over 5 people. And if it happens, with our new updated government, it will be taken care of. You have my word ;) Edited by Lysandre Mackintosh

Peace will never be accomplished without war, but war cannot happen without peace.... or something like that idk

Do you accept emo members?

You didn't answer my question :(

depends really... We really don't give a shit if you are Emo or not. So yes. We accept emos

Peace will never be accomplished without war, but war cannot happen without peace.... or something like that idk

depends really... We really don't give a shit if you are Emo or not. So yes. We accept emos

I will direct all my emo friends (when I find some) to the TLF then. But I must warn you, they are the opposite of light hearted people.
  • Upvote 4

“I'm cheap and enjoy butchering” - Manthrax

Had a nice chat with Lysandre on IRC. Misconstrued a part of the Charter. My apologies. The Triumvirate part of the treaty I believe may have some issues still (later down the road), but really who cares what I think  :P

o/ 

Edited by EliteCanada
  • Upvote 1

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

You mean you were tired of them raiding you and decided to pay them for "protection" and more importantly to stop?

• Upvote 3

200px-UPN.svg.png

Second in Command of UPN

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

You mean you were tired of them raiding you and decided to pay them for "protection" and more importantly to stop?

Considering we're not paying them, that would be incorrect.

• Upvote 2

dpluao815a3.png

What I'm saying is why not have it as part of the Charter so none of your own members make a mistake through accidental ignorance,

Wait, people actually read alliance charters?

• Upvote 1

Dec 26 18:48:22 <JacobH[Arrgh]>    God your worse the grealind >.>

It's a shame you had to double down to the bullies but I'm also glad this wasn't a disbandment post. Best of luck!

It's my birthday today, and I'm 33!

That means only one thing...BRING IT IN, GUYS!

*every character from every game, comic, cartoon, TV show, movie, and book reality come in with everything for a HUGE party*

4nVL9WJ.jpg

I honestly thought this announcement is about disbanding too.

Glad it isn't, good luck! :)

I'm also glad this wasn't a disbandment post. Best of luck!

We're not ready to disband yet. 

• Upvote 2

dpluao815a3.png