Age regulation!

Jacobs

There are no graphical depictions of violence.There isn't even a text descrption of violence, unless something changed. There is just a simple " we won/we lost here's how many units we lost, here's what we lost/got"  There is no strong language.There is no narrative. Take away the context this game is really just looking spreadsheets. No offense, Sheepy. I love your spreedsheets. They're like the best ever.<3 Though, OP, your suggestion doesn't make sense, if kids can't look at numbers then come up with decisionsm that's going the be messed up.

• Upvote 2

Her Royal Highness, Princess Lirisa of The Principality of Sortana

Director of Foreign Affairs for Green Protection Agency. 

Sanguinem , et aurum , et Viridis!

yes! mature players like myself and inst are crowded out by children playing! children like dylan and john harms are very annoying. me think!

i suggest we ban anybody who is not an adult yet. 18+ and over

How typical...

2fdc07d-520x245.gif

Edited by Stormrideron

Commander-in-Chief of Svalbard Island

Badassery Rating: 100% / Popularity Rating: 100%

yes! mature players like myself and inst are crowded out by children playing! children like dylan and john harms are very annoying. me think!

lol, really

<&Partisan> EAT THE SHIT

<blacklabel> lol @ ever caring about how much you matter in some dumbass nation simulation browser game. what a !@#$in pathetic waste of life

iZHAsgV.png

that destroyed your argument

For Meripez!

Says one who makes the most immature posts on the forums...

(P.S. Vietnam is not strong...)

• Upvote 1

OP, how would we meaningfully restrict the age. Im 20, but even at 8 I knew to always say I was 21 to get past any age restrictions. I mean you could require a facebook login, but that could easily be circumvented by creating a fake facebook account and would cause a loss in players. You could also require a valid credit card number, but who in their right mind would do something like that, I sure as hell wouldn't. The only other option that I could think of would be to have a moderator personally interview every new player. While this would pretty much eliminate robots, trolls, underage players, and other undesirables, this would be impossible to implement due to time constraints.

basically what you are proposing would be impossible to implement, and that's not even looking into whether it would make sense to implement in terms of player retention or revenue generation for this website.

• Upvote 2

First off Kid, stfu, the game is rather small as is, we want more players not fewer, and secoundly, you are in the alliance with the lowest avg. age of them all, Credits to your Primarch recruiting all the kids he could find. 

Previous MoFA was... 13 or 14 lol

Isn't democracy grand?  :v

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

lets ban everybody under 20 including OP

says the 13 year old!

How about you get ban instead? Sounds good, yeah?

Edited by Stormrideron

Commander-in-Chief of Svalbard Island

Badassery Rating: 100% / Popularity Rating: 100%

The playerbase pretty much self-regulates the immature players out. Most of them find themselves booted from their alliance, war decced, etc. pretty quickly, especially those leading alliances.

The only exceptions are the immature players in neutral alliances (but those kind of players aren't typically very vocal or active, though it does happen), and the trolls who are literally just there to piss people off anyways.

So, combine the fact that it shouldn't change much of anything with the absolute impossibility of implementation and the loss of players who are young but actually know how to play the game properly, and... well, you get a whole lot of nothing.

• Upvote 3

<+JohnHarms> We need more feminists

I started playing browser games in 2000 and I was 10 years old, I did it on dial-up because DSL wasn't a thing yet.

Yes, kids are sometimes annoying, but in a couple of years you've got some of the most experienced and knowledgeable people available because they started young when they could actually pay attention and soak up things with their spongy minds.

Restricting people based on age is not only immature but not even feasible when the internet is widely anonymous with various ways to bypass age restrictions with ease.

• Upvote 2

Ask not for lesser burdens, only for broader shoulders.

I absolutely disagree with age restrictions. However, my rationale contrasts with many of the opinions already posted on this thread. 

First, I do believe that more effort should be made to promote more a serious and mature tone to the game. After all, this is a political simulator. I am no advocate of banning lighthearted exchanges between leaders, since it happens in real life. What bothers me is the nature of the banter and its frequent substitution for real political roleplay. Memes, silly abbreviations, and other aspects of 'Internet humour' detract from the (presumably intended) political character of the game. One has the entire Internet to goof-off, with limitless possibilities. However, I came to this political simulator via a google search back in 2014, hoping to find a group of persons who likewise were seeking a more serious simulation of international affairs. This should be a refuge for political simulation, not another meme-generator. If the latter is true, why bother with an fitting name and format for such a game?

The promotion of a more mature culture is the responsibility of the administration and moderators, especially when the players fail to display the proper manifestations of political behaviour.

Now imagine that Politics&War is just like I described it, namely a place for more refined and mature nation simulation. Would it be fair to deny younger persons the opportunity to learn about politics through the experience of diplomacy, political intrigues, real ideologies (not the syncretic matter that merely exists for the sake of humour), and of course war? No, such a denial is unacceptable. Furthermore, leaders like the rather young Habillulah Sewick, display the aforementioned traits frequently deficient in many older participants in the game.

Thus, while I reject this proposal to create age limits, I still acknowledge the validity of the original poster's complaint against player immaturity.

As a counterproposal, I call on the game administration and moderators to actively promote a more mature and politically refined game culture through the various means at their disposal. 

• Upvote 2

I absolutely disagree with age restrictions. However, my rationale contrasts with many of the opinions already posted on this thread. 

First, I do believe that more effort should be made to promote more a serious and mature tone to the game. After all, this is a political simulator. I am no advocate of banning lighthearted exchanges between leaders, since it happens in real life. What bothers me is the nature of the banter and its frequent substitution for real political roleplay. Memes, silly abbreviations, and other aspects of 'Internet humour' detract from the (presumably intended) political character of the game. One has the entire Internet to goof-off, with limitless possibilities. However, I came to this political simulator via a google search back in 2014, hoping to find a group of persons who likewise were seeking a more serious simulation of international affairs. This should be a refuge for political simulation, not another meme-generator. If the latter is true, why bother with an fitting name and format for such a game?

The promotion of a more mature culture is the responsibility of the administration and moderators, especially when the players fail to display the proper manifestations of political behaviour.

Now imagine that Politics&War is just like I described it, namely a place for more refined and mature nation simulation. Would it be fair to deny younger persons the opportunity to learn about politics through the experience of diplomacy, political intrigues, real ideologies (not the syncretic matter that merely exists for the sake of humour), and of course war? No, such a denial is unacceptable. Furthermore, leaders like the rather young Habillulah Sewick, display the aforementioned traits frequently deficient in many older participants in the game.

Thus, while I reject this proposal to create age limits, I still acknowledge the validity of the original poster's complaint against player immaturity.

As a counterproposal, I call on the game administration and moderators to actively promote a more mature and politically refined game culture through the various means at their disposal. 

Dank... Meme.

Also I haven't read too many of OP's posts but he seems far worse than many 13 year olds. One word responses of "stfu". I mean please. On another note I think 13 is too high of an age restriction, for the reasons already stated here by everyone else, and besides there's no real way to enforce it. People lie.

Edited by Someone
  • Upvote 3

you just enforce it whenever someone is dumb enough to be like "oh hey i'm 13 what's up", like 420chan does

your age doesn't really matter to begin with, although the people saying "i know 10 year olds who are more mature than people who are 40 in these games" are kinda taking things a bit too far. it's pretty easy to tell who is a teenager here and who isn't.

it's pretty easy to tell who is a teenager here and who isn't.

Like you? :v

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

actually i'm 12 lol lern 2 guess nub

srry bby

Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win