vastly increase improvement damage from nukes

rapmanej

Problem:  cities can get nuked, however it is relatively easy to rebuild infra up to 1000, with only 2 improvements to replace.  

Potential solution:  nukes destroy all improvements above what the remaining infra will be.  This will cause nukes to be of increased importance

example:  my nation.  City 1.  City 1 has 1700 infra and 34 improvements.  The nuclear simulator says that I should be left with 190 infra.  Therefore, my city can now only naturally hold 3 improvements, so the nuke should destroy 31 improvements.  Additionally, this gives the war system the extra oomph to be declared a natural reset tool.  

• Upvote 3

Wouldn't that make the Nukes incredibly OP? e.o

If i remember correctly. The damage on infrastructure is determined by the density of that particular city.

Edited by Polaris

• Wiki Mod

Horrendously unbalanced & makes rebuilds for the upper tier even longer.

23:38 Skable that's why we don't want Rose involved, so we can take the m all for ourselves

23:39 [] but Mensa is the cute girl at the school dance and she's only dancing with us right now to get our friend jealous

23:39 [] If Rose comes in and gives Mensa what she wants, she'll just toss us aside and forget we ever existed

23:39 zombie_lanae yeah I do hope we can keep having them all to ourselves

23:40 zombie_lanae I know it's selfish but I want all their love

6:55 PM <+Isolatar> Praise Dio

Pubstomper|BNC [20:01:55] Rose wouldn't plan a hit on Mensa because it would be &#33;@#&#036;ing stupid

Maybe not destroy ALL the improvements but more then just 2 would be nice.  

I understand people dont want to make nukes OP and unbalanced, but nukes got to be the most worthless unit at this point. Takes to long to launch them and they hardly do any military damage or basically none at all. They do nice infra damage tho but at this point of the game rebuilding is easy and will only get easier.

• Upvote 1

I recall Sheepy saying he was thinking of upping nukes to 5 improvement slots each.

Pretty sure it wasn't sheepy but some random guy who suggested it and was told that's a horrible idea

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Pretty sure it wasn't sheepy but some random guy who suggested it and was told that's a horrible idea

is it? at worst (5 NPP, which i doubt anyone has /would be incredibly hard to get all 5 via RNG) is a loss of 2.5m.

But lets be honest. you have at worst an  80% success rate, which more or less zeros (or damn near close) a city.  its hard to improve upon that without making it ungodly overpowered.

Edited by Callum
  • Upvote 1

HoloSig2017.png.afe1505c82cc3db09be025a9

3:51 PM <•Sheepy> Another idea that I had previously was that ground battles, airstrikes, and naval battles would all have a 30% chance of destroying a random (non power plant) improvement
3:51 PM <•Sheepy> Missiles would destroy 2 (non power plant) improvements
3:52 PM <•Sheepy> Nukes would destroy 5 (power plant included) improvements

Humans cannot create anything out of nothingness. Humans cannot accomplish anything without holding onto something. After all, humans are not gods.

• Wiki Mod

Because it's insanely OP?

• Upvote 1

23:38 Skable that's why we don't want Rose involved, so we can take the m all for ourselves

23:39 [] but Mensa is the cute girl at the school dance and she's only dancing with us right now to get our friend jealous

23:39 [] If Rose comes in and gives Mensa what she wants, she'll just toss us aside and forget we ever existed

Pubstomper|BNC [20:01:55] Rose wouldn't plan a hit on Mensa because it would be &#33;@#&#036;ing stupid

Problem:  cities can get nuked, however it is relatively easy to rebuild infra up to 1000, with only 2 improvements to replace.  

Potential solution:  nukes destroy all improvements above what the remaining infra will be.  This will cause nukes to be of increased importance

example:  my nation.  City 1.  City 1 has 1700 infra and 34 improvements.  The nuclear simulator says that I should be left with 190 infra.  Therefore, my city can now only naturally hold 3 improvements, so the nuke should destroy 31 improvements.  Additionally, this gives the war system the extra oomph to be declared a natural reset tool.  

i dont know if you know this, but if you have a maxed military, and you lose a military improvement to a GA, missile or Nuke, all the troops that improvement was supporting also die.  So if you do this, you have basically just made the war mechanic all nukes all the time, and you wouldn't even have to worry about your opponents military, because 3 people could come pretty close to zeroing a guy out with just nukes.  While i dont oppose increasing the amount of improvements nukes kill, that is complete overkill.

• Upvote 1

If you are gonna do that then reduce the pollution timeline.

why do you think nukes are op?? lol they are literally the worse military unit in-game and will only get worse as the game grows. Even upping it to 3 improvements does nothing. yes nukes do allot of infra damage but that has no strategy to it. 

I mean shouldn't nukes be the most powerful?? its kinda of a huge slap in the face when you finally get them. wasted all that time for basically nothing. I would even settle if sheepy cut the infra damage in half and have nukes do some kind of damage to someones military.

Right now on a scale from OP to nerfed, nukes are on the nerfed side. There should be no reason why it cant be in the middle. 

• Upvote 2

why do you think nukes are op?? lol they are literally the worse military unit in-game and will only get worse as the game grows. Even upping it to 3 improvements does nothing. yes nukes do allot of infra damage but that has no strategy to it. 

I mean shouldn't nukes be the most powerful?? its kinda of a huge slap in the face when you finally get them. wasted all that time for basically nothing. I would even settle if sheepy cut the infra damage in half and have nukes do some kind of damage to someones military.

Right now on a scale from OP to nerfed, nukes are on the nerfed side. There should be no reason why it cant be in the middle.

I do not think they are an OP military unit because they are not a military unit.

However, the defense against them, spies, was massively nerfed already. I would be happy if they ceased to be a thing altogether because I agree that they are a strategy-less and ancillary component of the game. Game play wise, "fixing" nukes would make the game incredibly dull. So no I do not want them to be "medium" utility because I want the game to retain an interest of fun.

They exist though so I would just leave them alone. If you would like to educate your alliance or whatever as to their futility then feel free.

-signature removed for rules violation-

• Wiki Mod

Nukes are a broken mechanic at a fundamental level, there is no medium level of balance for them.