Orbis vs Bob

Mark76

Backstory.

Einstein-Rosen bridges have mysteriously appeared across a wide swathe of Orbis.  Initial investigations show that they lead to a world which is similar, but somehow very different to Orbis.  A world of small, but inexplicably well armed, city-states.  Many of which are nuclear capable and not a few of which possess the means of travelling through space.  As well as technological wonders such as bases, mines and colonies on their universe's equivalents of the Moon and Mars.

Contact between Orbisans and Bobites is relatively peaceful at first, but tensions soon arise and alliances from both planets start gearing up for war, using the E-RBs as the means to move forces between one world and the other.

The War of the Worlds is imminent.   Who will emerge the supreme victor?

Rules.

1. All Orbisan nations are subject to the rules that govern the acquisition of military hardware on their own world.  The same applies to the Bobites
  2. The rules of war remain the same on each world and cannot be altered or influenced by the presence of the other-worlders.  So Bob forces can still launch multiple nukes when on Orbis, but not more than one per day per war engaged in. Bob nations can also launch cruise missiles on Orbis, but the 8 turn rule applies. 
  3.  And, obviously, Bob war rules apply to Orbisan forces fighting on Bob.

What is a Planet Bob? Hear people mentioning it but  no idea what it is.

The only thing I could find was http://www.planetbob.asu.edu/

Planet Bob is the Cyber Nations counterpart to Orbis. Cyber Nations being a stagnant game where many of us came from.

Oh. That makes more sense.

putin-trump-sig_zps657urhx9.jpg

Always hated the name "Bob," Digiterra is way better tbh. Also Bob would win, multi-billion dollar warchests=OP

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Well then...I remember playing (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) for a few days then leaving cause it was shit.

Don't you like get a million dollars a day there?

Proud Canadian, Proud Ontarian

OZFC3Z0.jpg

Well then...I remember playing (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) for a few days then leaving cause it was shit.

More roleplay, less fighting game mechanics in my eyes.

Well, most people in Orbis make a million or more dollars a day, too.

putin-trump-sig_zps657urhx9.jpg

Far, far more (for most people). But it's all relative. Very different economic system with back-collections, improvement swapping, DEFCON/Threat Level swapping, tech deals, etc. Edited by Kurdanak
xzhPlEh.png?1

Far, far more (for most people). But it's all relative. Very different economic system with back-collections, improvement swapping, DEFCON/Threat Level swapping, tech deals, etc.

(That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) is still a shit game. Plus the fact that in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) you can only have one city and can max your entire military in one day before going to war gives them an advantage military wise. In orbis we can have more then one city but are limited military wise due to the fact of being able to buy x amount of military each day in order to max it.

City wise we have the upperhand because we can get more. Military wise the forces of bob have the upperhand because they can max their forces in one shot. Plus the fact that we are limited to maps and bob forces can launch two of each attack back to back with the exception nukes if i recall.

Amidst the eternal waves of time From a ripple of change shall the storm rise Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon Behold the razgriz, its wings of black sheath The demon soars through dark skies Fear and death trail its shadow beneath Until men united weild a hallowed sabre In final reckoning, the beast is slain As the demon sleeps, man turns on man His own blood and madness soon cover the earth From the depths of despair awaken the razgriz Its raven wings ablaze in majestic light

Well, we would be restricted to our mechanics in the event of a war and them their mechanics. We probably can just send missiles into their nations and completely demolish them overnight, as missiles here can do double digit infra damage in percentages to other nations, while their missiles can only can do a couple of units of infra damage to us, the same applies to our other attacks.

Their massive war chests just mean that we will have a lot more loot for our forces, we can gain billions for our side from their nations, increasing our power even further. Their forces will be wiped out and their infra destroyed in direct combat.

So the likely thing that will happen here is that our top players decide to blitz CNs donaters over night and with their nations destroyed, all of the donaters leave, resulting in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) losing cash. Now that (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) is losing cash, we can then hit the rest of the nations in massive raids, driving them from the game as well and looting their nations in the process. Realizing that the game is being rolled to bits and he's losing money, Kevin decides to shut it down, making PW the winner in this fight.

PW then gains anybody who's left in the process from the (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) invasion from (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways). PW is then the sole hegemoney of nation simulation games on the net. The only problems I can see here are (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) players who like (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) more and play PW attempting to fight us using their PW nations, but I doubt they'll have the numbers here to save Planet Bob from annihilation.

PW is now the winner. It then decides to launch invasions of NationStates and eRepublik.

Of course, if (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) isn't shut down by Kevin due to this, we'll most likely see people cheating by making muiltis in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) and then raiding them for cash in PW, which could result in some bans from Sheepy. Which is not good.

Edited by Omnipotent

So the likely thing that will happen here is that our top players decide to blitz CNs donaters over night and with their nations destroyed, all of the donaters leave, resulting in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) losing cash. Now that (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) is losing cash, we can then hit the rest of the nations in massive raids, driving them from the game as well and looting their nations in the process. Realizing that the game is being rolled to bits and he's losing money, Kevin decides to shut it down, making PW the winner in this fight.

They would use (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) rules and get rekt.

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

They would use (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) rules and get rekt.

I was assuming we were using the rules of each game here. If we all get forced to use (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) rules, we quite possibly implode due to upkeep for all are infra.

If (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) gets forced to use our rules, all the nations from it find themselves with one city with silly amounts of infra, if they don't starve to death due to lack of food, we can simply nuke them to pieces.

Which is why I decided to have both of the rule sets applying to both of our nations, which would result in a curbstomp for us. :)

Edited by Omnipotent

Well omnipotent, the problem here is when we declare or if they hit us then we will be given our 6 maps which can be used to launch 2 ground attacks, one airstrike or one naby strike off the bat. Or we can wait one extra turn to get 7 maps to launch a missile or wait till all of our maps are maxed to launch a nuke or three naval attacks, three airstrikes or 4 ground attacks and still the one missile strike. Ok that sounds good and all, but there is still the problem that we are limited on military purchases where as bob forces can simply max their forces in one shot and that they can still launch two ground attacks, two airstrikes, two naval strikes, two missile strikes and the one nuke strike. And they can do this every day at update and their wars last 7 days instead of our 5. Plus we can only purchase x mount of units based on the number of military improvements that we have. Bob forces arent limited to this limitation like us.

They can have zero military improvs and still max their forces with the exception of ships if i recall. Plus their military improvs give their military bonus on attack and defense instead of increasing the number of units they can get. And they also have an improv that increases the amount of damage their cruise missiles can do. Plus in order for a Orbis nation to get lets say 150k soldiers we would need ten cities with max barracks where as a bob nation can only have one city but would only need like what 10k infra or less to get 150k soldiers? Then there is that fact that are military is limited on population which effects oir soldiers and the other military units that we can get is limited based on our infantry population where as in bob all branches of their military is limited based on civilian population.

Amidst the eternal waves of time From a ripple of change shall the storm rise Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon Behold the razgriz, its wings of black sheath The demon soars through dark skies Fear and death trail its shadow beneath Until men united weild a hallowed sabre In final reckoning, the beast is slain As the demon sleeps, man turns on man His own blood and madness soon cover the earth From the depths of despair awaken the razgriz Its raven wings ablaze in majestic light

I was assuming we were using the rules of each game here. If we all get forced to use (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) rules, we quite possibly implode due to upkeep for all are infra.

If (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) gets forced to use our rules, all the nations from it find themselves with one city with silly amounts of infra, if they don't starve to death due to lack of food, we can simply nuke them to pieces.

Which is why I decided to have both of the rule sets applying to both of our nations, which would result in a curbstomp for us. :)

It goes by whomever is on defense, so a blitz against (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) would be worthless

Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Well omnipotent, the problem here is when we declare or if they hit us then we will be given our 6 maps which can be used to launch 2 ground attacks, one airstrike or one naby strike off the bat. Or we can wait one extra turn to get 7 maps to launch a missile or wait till all of our maps are maxed to launch a nuke or three naval attacks, three airstrikes or 4 ground attacks and still the one missile strike. Ok that sounds good and all, but there is still the problem that we are limited on military purchases where as bob forces can simply max their forces in one shot and that they can still launch two ground attacks, two airstrikes, two naval strikes, two missile strikes and the one nuke strike. And they can do this every day at update and their wars last 7 days instead of our 5. Plus we can only purchase x mount of units based on the number of military improvements that we have. Bob forces arent limited to this limitation like us.

They can have zero military improvs and still max their forces with the exception of ships if i recall. Plus their military improvs give their military bonus on attack and defense instead of increasing the number of units they can get. And they also have an improv that increases the amount of damage their cruise missiles can do. Plus in order for a Orbis nation to get lets say 150k soldiers we would need ten cities with max barracks where as a bob nation can only have one city but would only need like what 10k infra or less to get 150k soldiers? Then there is that fact that are military is limited on population which effects oir soldiers and the other military units that we can get is limited based on our infantry population where as in bob all branches of their military is limited based on civilian population.

Soldiers are nice, but what about when we can simply use missles to knock out their nations over night? Just looking at the damage we can do to their nations and they can do to ours means it's going to be loopsided in their favour. You are correct on the amount of soldiers they can buy in one go is higher then us, but the amount of soldiers they can buy is also limited by their infra. What are they going to do when all their infra is knocked out due to missile attacks? Without some serious WC spending on their account, they're going to die quite quickly. We also have advantages such as the bank, meaning we can store a lot more cash then they can and quickly rebuild our nations, they...don't have the bank, giving us an advantage.

I imagine the biggest threat ill come from their top tiers. I won't deny that when DBDC can knock out 1000s of infra in one hit, they could be a serious threat. However, DBDC are but one alliance, their smaller tiers will most likely die quickly.

As interesting as this debate is, can a mod clarify if it's allowed or not? Discussing invading other games seems borderline.

Edited by Omnipotent

Soldiers are nice, but what about when we can simply use missles to knock out their nations over night? Just looking at the damage we can do to their nations and they can do to ours means it's going to be loopsided in their favour. You are correct on the amount of soldiers they can buy in one go is higher then us, but the amount of soldiers they can buy is also limited by their infra. What are they going to do when all their infra is knocked out due to missile attacks? Without some serious WC spending on their account, they're going to die quite quickly. We also have advantages such as the bank, meaning we can store a lot more cash then they can and quickly rebuild our nations, they...don't have the bank, giving us an advantage.

I imagine the biggest threat ill come from their top tiers. I won't deny that when DBDC can knock out 1000s of infra in one hit, they could be a serious threat. However, DBDC are but one alliance, their smaller tiers will most likely die quickly.

As interesting as this debate is, can a mod clarify if it's allowed or not? Discussing invading other games seems borderline.

We do have a bank which is a big advantage. But our missiles dont kill off military units if i recall. (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways)'s cruise missiles not only destroy infra but they damage military units along with their nukes. So they got that. Plus their community is larger then ours even though the game its self is dying. And we cant forget about their tech which is something that we dont have. They tech also gives their military a bonus and e more you have the bigger the bonus until it is maxed. And they also have marvels which is the same as our projects that also give their military an even bigger bonus. We dont have a project that gives our military a bonus. We just have the propaganda project that increases the number of units we can buy by 10%. So, so far (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) has the military advantage by far and this conflict wont end over night.

• Moderators

For the record, since we did receive a request for clarification, this thread is acceptable as long as there is no clear solicitation of another game.

See:

Advertisement

We do not allow advertising of any kind on these forums. You're welcome to discuss different games and software, but soliciting them is strictly prohibited.

At this time, the discussion on hypothetical situations is acceptable. Carry on.