1/14/2016 - Alliance Recruitment Page

Alex

I assume I can't find it because I'm already in an alliance? Or where is there an easier way to look at this?

Edit: Also I refreshed like 25 times and saw BK 8 times and 0 for my alliance. Clearly biased.

Edited by Hooves

I assume I can't find it because I'm already in an alliance? Or where is there an easier way to look at this?

Edit: Also I refreshed like 25 times and saw BK 8 times and 0 for my alliance. Clearly biased.

Like we said, we're cooler than the other guys.

I also lol'd at Mensa's. <3

• Upvote 1

[22:37:51] <&Yosodog> Problem is, everyone is too busy deciding which top gun character they are that no decision has been made

BK in a nutshell

• Administrators

There's a button on the alliance search page.

And it's definitely randomized.

I got Roz Wei 5 times.

It's randomized, you're as likely to see Roz Wei as any other alliance.

I think at the very least you should exclude alliances with just 1 member.

Other than that, I really like this feature and hopefully it will help encourage new players to join an alliance!

I'm not sure that's the best way - people will probably be upset that we're favoring big alliances and not micro alliances. I think Odin has a good idea though.

Please make it so, that only alliances with edited recruitment text appear. That would filter out all dead ones.

I think I'll do this for the next update.

• Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

I think I'll do this for the next update.

Do you think we should have multiple requirements in order to prevent dead alliances from showing up?

Alliance leader / sub-leader active within ??? time

Alliance edited their message

?????

• Upvote 2

@Sheepy,

Fix the formatting so that there's not scroll wheels all over the place on the page. If you can only show 5-6 alliances per page that's fine. Otherwise pretty cool mate.

Edited by Syrup
  • Upvote 1

☾☆

High Priest of Dio

Do you think we should have multiple requirements in order to prevent dead alliances from showing up?

Alliance leader / sub-leader active within ??? time

Alliance edited their message

?????

Only adding alliances with atelast 10 or 15 members may fix a lot of that

I don't know, since this seems to promote new players to find alliances without communicating with say a recruiter. It sounds kind of painful to new alliances. I can't really predict that well, but it's just my 2 cents on the matter.

Edited by Hooves

And it also gives an advantage to those alliances over the micros. Not very cool if you ask me.  I think the edited description block works best. 

Another option would be adding a checkbox on the Edit Alliance page that when he implements is disabled by default. Then only the active alliances that go and tick the box will show up. Also it allows those who DON'T want to be in the list to turn it off. This I think would be the best way to approach it. Allows only those who are active (they have to tick the box to be added), AND allows alliances control over whether or not they show up in the list.

• Upvote 2

duskhornexceptional.png.d9e24adf7f0945530780eee694428f27.png

He's right, I'm such a stinker. Play my exceptional game!

• Administrators

@Sheepy,

Fix the formatting so that there's not scroll wheels all over the place on the page. If you can only show 5-6 alliances per page that's fine. Otherwise pretty cool mate.

The overflow scrollbars only appear if you exceed the default height, which (as far as I've seen) rarely happens. Maybe you're getting a unique viewing, could you maybe provide a screenshot?

And it also gives an advantage to those alliances over the micros. Not very cool if you ask me.  I think the edited description block works best. 

Another option would be adding a checkbox on the Edit Alliance page that when he implements is disabled by default. Then only the active alliances that go and tick the box will show up. Also it allows those who DON'T want to be in the list to turn it off. This I think would be the best way to approach it. Allows only those who are active (they have to tick the box to be added), AND allows alliances control over whether or not they show up in the list.

The next update will make it so that if you have the default description, you won't show up. So if you don't want to be in the listing, you can either turn off accepting new members, or reset your description to the default.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Jax locked this topic