Announcement from the North American Confederacy

George Clooney

The NAC and UPN are proud to announce...

1HIdq2L.png

tl;dr and for the serif impaired: MDoAP (non-chaining) with an optional mutual protectorate protection clause

Signed for NAC,

George Clooney, Chairman of the Board

Edited by George Clooney

It has been a long time coming!

Signed for the UPN Govenrnment,

Emmad - Primarch

Victor Truchev - Equerry/Reclusiarch

Pangui - Equerry/Warsmith

Kevin D - Chief Librarian

Aenir - Master of the Forge

Kelson - Chooser of the Slain

Jakeman4 - Lord Inquisitor

It was an excellent time working with you on this, George!

Edited by Victor Truchev

Contact me if you have questions, concerns, or just want to chat. I have an open door policy.

Quite odd that the King's would need assistance to protect their protectorates. One would think that if you could not protect your protectorates that you should simply not have any protectorates.

• Upvote 2

duskhornexceptional.png.d9e24adf7f0945530780eee694428f27.png

He's right, I'm such a stinker. Play my exceptional game!

Quite odd that the King's would need assistance to protect their protectorates. One would think that if you could not protect your protectorates that you should simply not have any protectorates.

It isn't about "not being able to protect" them. Its about ensuring greater destruction of those who would seek to do us harm in one way or another. :D

Contact me if you have questions, concerns, or just want to chat. I have an open door policy.

It isn't about "not being able to protect" them. Its about ensuring greater destruction of those who would seek to do us harm in one way or another. :D

I tend to see this as the answer that leads to greater levels of enjoyment pour moi. Edited by AlphaC16

This is because people like to play the treaty game, and hit protectorates of an alliance to force the protector alliance to defend the protectorate, which in turn would not trigger the protector's allies defense clause, and instead would then trigger the defense clause of the alliance that hit the protectorate, which would be bad for the protector and the protectorate.

So with this clause, if you hit a protectorate, you are not activating the defense clause of all the protector's treaties.

I have no idea if any of that made any sense, and I hate political loophole shenanigans.

That being said, its great to see our former protectorate NAC going out and making some friends with our buddies and mutual allies in UPN.  So congrats to both of you guys!

• Upvote 3

I'm finding it amusing that you have to add in a optional clause for protecting a protectorate.

"If you hit my protectorate, we MAY retaliate"

Protectorate signings is the dumbest thing - either sign them as Mutual Defense or don't sign at all.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I'm finding it amusing that you have to add in a optional clause for protecting a protectorate.

Protectorate signings is the dumbest thing - either sign them as Mutual Defense or don't sign at all.

oh we want to like do our thing but still not face the consequences of doing our thing. so like if anything bad happens. big brother may or may not invoke a shadow treaty.

• Upvote 4

"In an honest service there is thin commons, low wages, and hard labor; in this, plenty and satiety, pleasure and ease, liberty and power; and who would not balance creditor on this side, when all the hazard that is run for it, at worst, is only a sour look or two at choking. No, a merry life and a short one, shall be my motto." - Bartholomew "Black Bart" Roberts

Green Enforcement Agency will rise again!

It's not a hard concept to understand -- we're not going to outright outright pledge and promise to defend any protectorates NAC sign, because 1) We may not of been involved in the decision of the treaty and do not wish to compromise our sovereignty in that regard, 2) We can't predict the circumstances of the attack, so will judge it on a case-by-case basis -- and in the event if the protectorate was at fault, we would reserve the right to not enter. It's moreso aimed at the e-lawyers out there who like to talk about various technicalities, which as a whole is pretty silly, so I agree with you. And SRD covered the remaining points well. 

• Upvote 1

200px-UPN.svg.png

Second in Command of UPN

if it makes you feel better, Mensa is basically the reason for this clause to be necessary.

• Upvote 5