Destiny Rating?

Fox Fire

Destiny  

15 members have voted

1. 1. What do you rate Destiny?

On a scale of 1-5 (five being highest), overall, what do you rate this game? 

I've considered buying it, but I've heard a lot of terrible things. Specifically, I've heard the game play is excessively repetitive, like re-doing the same exact thing/missions over and over. How exactly repetitive are we talking? Is it something I'll already be bored of before I finish what I hear is a pretty terrible story?

Edited by Fox Fire

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--

The game is alright now, at the begining it felt incredibly lacking. Had to pay for the season pass, and even then I do not have access to all of the expansions. But if you get the legendary edition you get all 3 for the price of the regular game. The game itself was fun with friends, but very grindy, and no offline is a bummer to be sure. The multiplayer is decent, but the lack of vehicle choices does suck. They also change around the weapons stats all the time for multiplayer which is quite annoying. For instance, Auto rifles used to be very effective when the game first came out. Then they nerfed them to be absolutely terrible and made revolvers like Thorn completely OP. The lack of auto pistols until the second expansion was stupid, as was the complete lack of SMG weapons. It was also way too easy to get shotgun and snipers in PVP, especially since this game kinda feels like Halo in terms of most weapons damage (except for the revolvers).

What exactly is the legendary edition? I looked it up, but it appears to be Destiny: The Taken King, which is the second part of the story from what I've read? Is it the full game or just the additional stuff?

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

--Foxburo Wiki--

As someone who just bought the game and finished the storyline:

-Game is repetitive with the missions, however, it's not too terrible ( yet ).

-Storyline is ok.  I feel they don't really explain the world/solar system very well, but the actual story does pick up and gets better towards The Taken King expansion

-PvP is fun, a lot like Halo of course

Legendary Edition is just Destiny with all the expansions included.  Be prepared to wait awhile.  It's like 6-8gigs of downloads/updating.

• Downvote 1

Be prepared to wait awhile.  It's like 6-8gigs of downloads/updating.

Holy shit, you weren't kidding. :v

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

--Foxburo Wiki--

I haven't even gotten to the main menu and I'm already irritated....

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

--Foxburo Wiki--

It's not exactly helpful for new players.  

Some things to keep in mind:  

• Always equip your highest number gear before you take your Engrams to get Identified into items.  The identification is based on your value, not your level.
  • You have a lvl 25 boost in Inventory, it's only a one time boost and any prior experience does not transfer over
  • Dismantle all gear you're not using
  • Once you get 5000 Glimmer ( Currency ), join a faction ASAP before turning in any quests so you can quickly build up rep points

It's actually really easy to play once you know how to navigate around and stuff.  I did all the quests I had available, then turned them all in at once.  Made leveling super quick.

• Downvote 1

After playing for about 20 minutes, I understand now why people said this was a shooter mixed with an RPG that totally failed. I have no idea what I'm doing and can't communicate with other players, aside from the occasional amusing dancing and games of charades. 

After about 20 minutes I was abruptly kicked off the game because they are apparently updating. 

Not sure how I feel about this yet. At least they kicked me off right when I finished killing what I was killing. Hopefully I don't have to re-kill it. 

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

--Foxburo Wiki--

playing charades

sounds wonderful

x0H0NxD.jpg?1

01:05:55 <%fistofdoom> im out of wine

01:06:03 <%fistofdoom> i winsih i had port
01:06:39 <@JoshF{BoC}> fistofdoom: is the snowman drunk with you

01:07:32 <%fistofdoom> i knet i forgot somehnt

After playing for about 20 minutes, I understand now why people said this was a shooter mixed with an RPG that totally failed. I have no idea what I'm doing and can't communicate with other players, aside from the occasional amusing dancing and games of charades. 

After about 20 minutes I was abruptly kicked off the game because they are apparently updating. 

Not sure how I feel about this yet. At least they kicked me off right when I finished killing what I was killing. Hopefully I don't have to re-kill it. 

If you need any assistance, add Buorhann.  That'll be me.

Also I found that annoying to.  The whole "Hard to communicate with other players" bit.  The only way I found was to either go to their forums, Facebook page, or hit nearby players up via Options -> Roster -> Nearby Players and ping them individually with messages.

• Downvote 1

So I've decided this game is decent. Totally not worth the $66 I spent on it, but I was specifically looking for a futuristic shooter game similar to Halo and didn't really care that much about price. That I got. Though I completely understand why so many people hated it. 

The story is incomprehensible. All I know half the time is that I'm doing something, but I'm almost never sure why exactly I'm doing it. Multiplayer is fun, although everyone is basically 30 or more levels above me so I just get completely raped every single time. 

Overall I give this game a 3/5. It's fun in moderation, but I actually found myself bored within the first 2 days and I haven't even made it off the moon.

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

--Foxburo Wiki--

Overall I give this game a 3/5. It's fun in moderation, but I actually found myself bored within the first 2 days and I haven't even made it off the moon.

Keep going.  Gets better as you get closer to Taken King expansion missions.

• Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Game is only fun if you have a group to play it with and once you get to playing the raids and doing strikes with friends the game is a lot of fun. But if you are always playing the game by yourself you will hate the game, if you want to play the game I suggest looking into sites that help people find groups for raids or just helping you level up in general.