- Warns automatically expire after 60 days.
- Bans may be appealed after a minimum of 180 days.
- Approvals of appeals are at the moderators discretion and will be based, in part, on the violators behavior since the time of the violation. Rules regarding procedure for filing appeals are posted in the Ban Appeals forum and must be adhered to. Failure to follow the rules will result in additional warn points.
The Warn System below applies to most offenses. Severe offenses (posting obscene or pornographic imagery, disrespect to mod staff, death threats against any player or staff member, extortion, etc.) will result in harsher disciplinary action.
1 points - Verbal
2 points - 1 hour forum account suspension
3 points - 24 hour forum account suspension
4 points - 48 hour forum account suspension
5 points - 5 day forum account suspension
6 points - 10 day forum account suspension
7 points - Forum account ban
Game, Forum, and Discord Bans
- Rules broken in-game are not appealable. If you are banned in-game, your forum account will be banned as well.
- If your forum account is banned, your in-game account will not be banned.
- Forum accounts posting with no matching nation will be banned.
- Public discussion (Game Discord channel, Game Forums, and Game) of bans or warnings will result in a warning and reduce your chance of a successful appeal.
General Forum Rules
The rules below apply to all forums, unless otherwise stated. Actions below are prohibited. Failure to follow these rules will result in a warning for each offense. This is a general guideline. For further clarification or other questions pertaining to forum rules and code of conduct, pm a member of the moderation staff.
- All posts must be in English. Common foreign phrases are permitted.
- Forum names must match in-game ruler names. You may change your forum name once every 30 days through your profile, or you may request a name change in the Forum Name Change Request forum if yours does not match.
Forums deemed "In-game" are intended for players to remain in the character of their nation leaders. References made to the game mechanics, alliance forums, and irc, as it pertains to the game, are allowed in these forums.
Flaming, Baiting, Trolling, Racism, Sexism, and Name Calling
- Flaming - posts targeted at a player in an effort to anger, hurt, insult, harass, or provoke.
- Baiting - coercing a player into breaking the rules.
- Trolling - deliberately provocative posting with the aim of inciting an angry response.
- Name Calling - abusive or insulting language referring to a person or group. *Prohibited everywhere except role play forums, and only in role play forums where it is being used within reason with no intent to flame, bait, troll, insult, or hurt.*
- Racism and Sexism - having or showing the belief that a particular race or gender is superior to another.
Derailing a thread, or inducing topics that are not related to the original subject.
Creating duplicate threads will result in topics being locked, hidden, or deleted, in addition to a warn. You do not need multiple threads on the same topic.
Replying to, or "bumping", old, unpinned topics which have been inactive for at least 30 days. The following exceptions apply:
Alliance Affairs - topics with no posts for at least 10 days will be considering gravedigging.
The following are immune to the rule, as long as replies are constructive and remain on-topic.
Free Trade Market
All forums in the Social Hub
All forums in the Game Hub
- With exception to the Forum Games & Spam forum, topics or posts within topics which do not pertain to the forum or topic it is in.
- One word posts and images are allowed as long as they convey a message, relate to the topic, and do not violate any other forum rule.
- Posts which include solely a quote from another player in the thread, with no additional content. The "like" button should be used instead.
- Similarly, posts that contain excessively long quotes may have those quotes removed. Repeat offenses of this will be treated as spam.
Excessive posting in all capital letters.
Attempts to use words prohibited by the filter, by any means, using video, audio, gif, or images to bypass filters is still breaking the rules.
Referencing Rule Breaking
Includes, but is not limited to; quoting rule breaking posts or Discord logs. Referencing rule breaking in your signature is also not allowed.
Aiding Rule Violators and Ban Evaders
Having knowledge of a rule violation or ban evasion and not reporting it to the game staff.
Posting for Other Players
Making appeals or posts for players that are banned from the forums.
We do not allow advertising of any kind on these forums. You're welcome to discuss different games and software, but soliciting them is strictly prohibited.
Includes, but is not limited to, pornography, sexual imagery, blood and gore, defecation and vomiting, real life images of players, images depicting war crimes and other illegal activity, images promoting Nazism or Terrorism, and ASCII art.
Nazism, Terrorism, and Other Hate Groups
It is against the rules to promote hateful ideologies such as Nazism, Terrorism, Racism, and others not listed here. We will allow references to, historical discussions of, and satirical usage that does not violate other forum rules.
Drug References & Illegal Activity
Images and posts depicting or promoting illegal drugs. Posting or promoting any illegal activity is also strictly prohibited.
OoC Threats and Personal Information
Revealing another playerâ€™s personal information or making threats against them is grounds for an immediate ban.
Telling another player to kill themselves or wishing that they would die or other posts of that nature are strictly prohibited and grounds for a minimum 2 warning point increase.
Multiple Forum Accounts
One account per nation per player. Discovery of multiple forum accounts will result in all accounts being banned.
Signatures and Avatars and Profiles
- Avatars - must be in good taste. Any image that would not be allowed in a post will not be allowed as an avatar. Excessive flashing colors are not allowed. Using a moderator's avatar is not allowed.
- Signatures - one image per signature which may not exceed the maximum size of 650 pixels wide by 175 pixels tall. You may have no more than 5 lines of text. Font size may not exceed size 14. Each quote-tag, image and empty line count as a line.
- Profiles - No content should be posted in your profile that would otherwise be prohibited anywhere else in the forums.
- Anything considered overly sexual, which would be loosely defined as "less than swimsuit area covered" will not be allowed in any image including avatar or signature. Those who fail to read and abide by these rules will have their avatars/signatures removed and receive a warning.
No Discussion Forums
The Warn/Ban Appeals forum and the Reports forum are not open for discussion. Specific rules are posted in these forums and must be adhered to. Failure to adhere to the rules will result in a warning.
- Speculation regarding the identities of game staff and/or revealing identities of game staff is strictly prohibited. These actions are punishable up to, and including, a ban on your forum and game account.
- Being rude or disrespectful to any of the game staff is not allowed. Creating posts "calling out" moderators or the game staff is prohibited.
- Impersonation of, or an intention to imply that you are a moderator, administrator, or other P&W official is forbidden.
- Any concerns with the moderation staff should be addressed with the game administrator, Alex, via pm.
- Abuse of the report system is strictly prohibited.
- Do not ask to become a moderator. Moderation positions are invitation only.
Questionable Actions and Content
The guidelines above may not cover every situation. Should we encounter something that we deem harmful to the community, we reserve the right to take action against it.
Politics & War Game Staff