Terradoxia Announcement

Morgan

6383984d-7ea9-4369-90db-abb73711d584_zps

Terradoxia Announcement 

Hey all. I have a few brief announcements now that Orbis is more at ease and it's been a while since we've posted an announcement. Read our Constitution (established May 8) below in the spoiler, since I never got around to posting it. Secondly, Eugene Faulkner resigned a few weeks ago as Archduke due to time constraints. Jackson and I chose Josh Freer to succeed Faulkner on June 18. Also, we welcome all alliances to register on our forum and apply for an embassy for your alliance! Happy fourth of July to my fellow Americans! 

The Constitution of the Kingdom of Terradoxia

Preamble

Paradoxia and the United States of Terra hereby join together to form one unified Kingdom. This Kingdom shall henceforth and forevermore be known as Terradoxia. 

Article I: Government 

Section 1: Kings, Archdukes

Two Kings shall jointly rule Terradoxia. King Morgan I and King Jackson I shall rule Terradoxia for life until resignation or dismissal; and shall each appoint an Archduke to succeed their highness and serve in the absence of the King or Kings. The Kings shall command the Royal Terradoxian Armed Forces (RTAF), have the power to: create laws, treaties, and policies necessary and proper; grant pardons and reprieves; enforce all laws, treaties, policies, and this Constitution; appoint Ministers; set the alliance tax rate; create the alliance budget; and serve as the leaders of the alliance. 

No citizen shall be eligible for the role of King, Archduke, Minister, or Duke unless he or she has been a citizen of Terradoxia for a period of at least 60 consecutive days. 

Kings and Archdukes may only be impeached by and convicted by two-thirds majority approval of the citizenship for the violation of the rules, ordinances, or the provisions of this Constitution, or other high crimes and misdemeanors. The Archduke shall rise to the throne of the dismissed King. If an Archduke is also impeached, the membership shall elect a new King with two-thirds approval. 

Section 2: Ministries

There shall be five Ministerial departments each managed by a Minister. Deputy Minister positions may be created by the relevant minister or the king to assist the current Minister in the day to day operation of the ministerial department. Ministers are appointed by the Kings. The five Ministerial departments shall be permanent. New Ministries may be established and the duties of the departments may be altered. Upon disagreement over the appointment of deputy ministers, the Kings’ opinions are to be followed. 

The Ministry of Internal Affairs will manage all affairs regarding the internal structure of the alliance. These affairs may include, but are not limited to, enforcing this Constitution and all other acts and laws, managing the process for citizenship naturalization, establishing activity and membership policy, assimilating new citizens, managing the University of Terradoxia and all academics, and managing off-site alliance forums and websites.

The Ministry of Justice will manage all judicial affairs of the alliance. These affairs may include, but are not limited to, reviewing the constitutionality of laws, acts, and policies, and serving as the court system of the alliance.

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs will manage all foreign affairs of the alliance. These affairs may include, but are not limited to, establishing and maintaining relations with foreign alliances, establishing foreign policy, appointing diplomats and ambassadors to foreign alliances, and proposing treaties with foreign alliances to the Kings. 

The Ministry of Defense will manage all affairs regarding war and defense. These affairs may include, but are not limited to, maintaining and managing a military for defense of the alliance and establishing alliance military policies.

The Ministry of Economics will manage all affairs regarding the financial aspects of the alliance. These affairs may include, but are not limited to, managing the alliance bank, financial programs, and establishing economic policies.

Section 3: House of Dukes

The House of Dukes shall consist of the five Ministers and all Deputy Ministers. The House of Dukes shall have the sole power to vote in order to break disagreements between the kings, with 50% plus 1 vote simply majority required. Ministers and Deputy Ministers are granted the title of Duke. 

Section 4: Succession, Vacancy, and Absence Clauses

When a government officer is unable to perform the duties of their office in times of authorized absence, the next highest government officer shall serve in the vacant office. The subsequent Order of Succession shall be followed: Kings, Archduke, Minister of Internal Affairs, Defense, Foreign Affairs, Economics, and Justice. The Kings or House of Dukes shall oversee the proper order of succession. 

In the case of the removal or resignation of the King, the Archduke shall become King immediately upon the vacancy of the Kings throne. The House of Dukes must vote to decide who of the two Archdukes is to become the King. Whenever there is a vacancy in the office of the Archduke, the Kings shall nominate an Archduke who shall take office upon confirmation by the House of Dukes. 

Ministers are not to be absent from their duties for more than one week without proper leave or authorized absence. Ministers  who are absent longer than one week are subject to be removed from office by the Ministry of Justice. Once removed, the officer may not retain their position unless a legitimate reason be provided for the absence. Extended absences must be authorized by the Kings or the entire House of Dukes. 

Article 2: Citizenship

Section 1: Citizenship Requirements 

Any person who seeks to become a member of Terradoxia must meet the following requirements. Once he or she meets the following citizenship criteria, they may become a citizen. Prospect citizens cannot be at war, must be on the white color sphere, must have the alliance affiliation ‘Terradoxia’, must register on the alliance forum, and must follow the citizenship application guidelines set by the Ministry of Internal Affairs to apply for citizenship.

Section 2: Citizenship Suspension and Expulsion

Any member found to be in violation of the rules, ordinances, or laws set forth by the King or the provisions of this Constitution, or other high crimes may be subject to review by the Ministry of Internal Affairs, and may be suspended or expelled from the alliance or otherwise punished by the Ministry of Justice. 

Section 3: Bill of Rights

Citizens of Terradoxia will be guaranteed the following rights under this Constitution:

1. The right of the people to not be taxed above 10% in peacetime shall not be infringed. 

2. The right of the people to vote for Kings and Archdukes in a constitutional impeachment shall not be infringed.

3. No law or act shall be created that prohibits the right to free speech. 

4. In all judicial trials, the accused shall have the right to a speedy and public trial, be informed of the accusation before the trial is held, and have the assistance of counsel for their defense.

Article 3: Constitutional Amendments and Conventions

The citizenship may amend this Constitution when deemed necessary with two-thirds majority of voters approval. Constitutional amendments shall take effect immediately upon approval. 

The citizenship may call a Constitutional Convention to abolish and create a new Constitution or make amendments to the entire Constitution. Constitutional Conventions require three-fourths majority of voters approval to take place. Constitutional amendments shall take effect immediately upon two-thirds of voters approval. 

May 8, 2015 

Signed,

King Morgan I

King Jackson I

Edited by Morgan
  • Upvote 2

Josh is a good selection. From the work I have done with him, it seems clear that he is a hard-working and dedicated individual. Have fun, guys!

o/ Terradoxia

Josh is a good selection. From the work I have done with him, it seems clear that he is a hard-working and dedicated individual. Have fun, guys!

o/ Terradoxia

I second this - I enjoy him.

o/ Terradoxia

o/ the Kingdom

º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¸ GOD EMPEROR BIO DRANDO¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¸ BIO DRANDO GOD EMPEROR¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

tumblr_m4h9arbmaa1qcnli7.png

You're so mean! :'(

"Canada? Isn't that a street in New York somewhere?" <-------- Haters gonna hate

Proud Canadian, Proud Ontarian

OZFC3Z0.jpg

Dukes and citizens eh? I personally think those terms are overused in today's world. Terms like Margrave/Marquess need to make comebacks.

Anyway outside that it all looks good. Hope everything is going well in Terradoxia.