Guardian Military action: Ending

Prefontaine

BdRRliC.jpg

In b4 Drama

We've currently 2 active wars against CU, both participants have been asked to finish off beiging their opponents. I'd like to give a special notice to Betulius of Tripolitania for being the only offensive war declared on us, and for jumping in to daunting odds. Well done sir!

This military action caused a fair bit of drama, and I don't plan on reliving it in this thread. However, I was provided solid intel about a plot against Guardian where this military action will be the core of the CB. Due to this intel I'll be keeping Guardian's military status elevated for some time instead of ordering a demilitarization. Good luck with your plots, your plan seems a bit shaky and you might want to plug your leak. Cheers. 

• Upvote 3

scSqPGJ.gif

This looks so odd.

Well I find it strange even when Guardian hears people don't like them acting as tyrants and world police they can still be so obnoxious, it's truly remarkable. This won't end well.

IpHGyGc.png

I'm surprised you told everyone.

"That ain't Cologne, that's the smell of success."

17:00 <•Sheepy> I don't want you to leave the game

19:20 <•Pubstomber>:

Man, I really wish Rose had allied BoC a couple months ago when we had the chance instead of picking Vanguard.

I'm surprised you told everyone.

I'm not.

rsz_1g7q_ak91409798280.jpg

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a roll.

There is one you will follow. One who is the shining star, and he will lead you to beautiful places in the search of his own vanity. And when there is no more vanity to be found, he will leave you in darkness, as a fading memory of his own creation.

Well I find it strange even when Guardian hears people don't like them acting as tyrants and world police they can still be so obnoxious, it's truly remarkable. This won't end well.

In case you missed it:

yVHTSLQ.png

(TEst lives on but I'm in BK stronk now and too lazy to change the image)

I desire to know the plotters... and congratulations on the war experience and not needlessly carrying this on!

o/ Pre

o/ Guardian

[17:17:58] <&Ashland> I will give you hops if you say this phrase:

[17:18:13] <&Ashland> "Man, I really wish Rose had allied BoC a couple months ago when we had the chance instead of picking Vanguard."

[17:20:16] Man, I really wish Rose had allied BoC a couple months ago when we had the chance instead of picking Vanguard.

3fHp1YR.gif

We've currently 2 active wars against CU, both participants have been asked to finish killing off all the puppies of their opponents. I'd like to give a special notice to Betulius of Tripolitania for being the only nip at our heels, and for throwing himself at a large sword. Well done sir!

This slaughter of puppies caused a fair bit of drama, and I don't plan on reliving it in this thread. However, I was provided solid intel about a plot against Guardian where this mass puppy genocide will be the core of the CB. Due to this intel I'll be keeping Guardian's puppy killing abilities elevated for some time instead of ordering a normal puppy killing state. Good luck with your plots, your plan seems a bit shaky and you might want to hide your puppies. Cheers. 

Monsters

• Upvote 5

Resident DJ @ Club Orbis

Founder of The Warehouse

Well, I guess you did a great job as a form of compensation to take part of the support, huh?

or trying to lower the "score" and take part of the fun since you have a great support to restore the strength?

Your action teach me something very intriguing. Thank you.

wait:

http://politicsandwar.com/forums/index.php?/topic/4868-2242015-missile-patch/

you didn't lose anything except the missile score influence halved since 24th Feb,2015 and 3 times more of its maintain cost.

Edited by Arthur James
  • Upvote 2

LEEKS!

Hatsune.Miku.full.988432.jpg

So who is it, yo? You can't just announce a leek and not tell us who's frying it up...

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--

Come on Pre, tell us whose gonna roll you.

"That ain't Cologne, that's the smell of success."

17:00 <•Sheepy> I don't want you to leave the game

19:20 <•Pubstomber>:

Man, I really wish Rose had allied BoC a couple months ago when we had the chance instead of picking Vanguard.

So I have a curiosity here: (Assuming that Group A and Guardian act collectively and there is no leak)

Let's say Group A is plotting against Guardian and Guardian doesn't know.  Group A has an information advantage because they know they're plotting against Guardian, Guardian doesn't know that, and Group A knows Guardian doesn't know that.

Now, let's say Group A is plotting against Guardian and Guardian DOES know but Group A doesn't know they know.  Guardian has an information advantage because they know:

- About the plot.

- That Group A not only doesn't know they know, but thinks they don't.

So not only does Group A have incorrect information, but Guardian knows they have incorrect information, which they can exploit.

Now, third scenario is that Group A is plotting Against Guardian, Guardian knows, and they tell Group A that they know.  Now it's an informational tie because everyone has all of the knowledge and they know that their opponents have all of that knowledge.

So, if the plot exists (we'll assume it does and that Pre's information has been accurately received by him and accurately conveyed to us) then Guardian has forfeited an advantage.  You don't do that for no reason, you do it in exchange for something else or for a different kind of advantage.  So if the plot does exist and Prefontaine is being completely honest, the assumption is that he intends to hit them before they hit him.

NOW, let's pretend for a moment that we're in a reality where the plot doesn't exist and has been fabricated whole cloth (I'm going to ignore the possibility of a false flag).  What could Prefontaine's motivations be for fabricating it?  I can think of several:

1: On the off chance that there is a plot that he was unaware of, there's a chance this could make the plotters tip their hand (under the illusion that they have lost secrecy anyway) and strike at a time that is less advantageous for them or before their plot has reached maturity.

2: Encourage people to leak such a plot to him in an attempt to not get nailed when he seeks retribution on the plotters (Working under the assumption that someone else has already leaked).

3: Make plotters already participating in a plot to stop pursuing it by making them think that it can't succeed by his estimation because he revealed his knowledge of it.  Essentially a double-bluff.

4: Make people less likely to join a plot because anyone approached to be in a plot at this point might assume that this is the plot that has a leaker and that Prefontaine already knows about.

5: He's lying in the hopes that people will respond by starting to plot and he can then point to that plot as the initial plot that he refers to here and dismiss any evidence that it began after this announcement as part of the plot.

There's also the possibility that Prefontaine is telling a half truth insofar as he does know that a plot exists, but he's not certain as to who, specifically, is involved or if the people he knows are involved are the extent of the plot and this is an attempt to flush out any additional plotters that he does not know about.

/tin foil hat

So I have a question for Prefontaine, assuming what you've said is true, why would you share your knowledge of it with the rest of us?

• Upvote 3

aUel2fG.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[10:47] you used to be the voice of irc

So I have a curiosity here: (Assuming that Group A and Guardian act collectively and there is no leak)

Let's say Group A is plotting against Guardian and Guardian doesn't know. Group A has an information advantage because they know they're plotting against Guardian, Guardian doesn't know that, and Group A knows Guardian doesn't know that.

Now, let's say Group A is plotting against Guardian and Guardian DOES know but Group A doesn't know they know. Guardian has an information advantage because they know:

- About the plot.

- That Group A not only doesn't know they know, but thinks they don't.

So not only does Group A have incorrect information, but Guardian knows they have incorrect information, which they can exploit.

Now, third scenario is that Group A is plotting Against Guardian, Guardian knows, and they tell Group A that they know. Now it's an informational tie because everyone has all of the knowledge and they know that their opponents have all of that knowledge.

So, if the plot exists (we'll assume it does and that Pre's information has been accurately received by him and accurately conveyed to us) then Guardian has forfeited an advantage. You don't do that for no reason, you do it in exchange for something else or for a different kind of advantage. So if the plot does exist and Prefontaine is being completely honest, the assumption is that he intends to hit them before they hit him.

NOW, let's pretend for a moment that we're in a reality where the plot doesn't exist and has been fabricated whole cloth (I'm going to ignore the possibility of a false flag). What could Prefontaine's motivations be for fabricating it? I can think of several:

1: On the off chance that there is a plot that he was unaware of, there's a chance this could make the plotters tip their hand (under the illusion that they have lost secrecy anyway) and strike at a time that is less advantageous for them or before their plot has reached maturity.

2: Encourage people to leak such a plot to him in an attempt to not get nailed when he seeks retribution on the plotters (Working under the assumption that someone else has already leaked).

3: Make plotters already participating in a plot to stop pursuing it by making them think that it can't succeed by his estimation because he revealed his knowledge of it. Essentially a double-bluff.

4: Make people less likely to join a plot because anyone approached to be in a plot at this point might assume that this is the plot that has a leaker and that Prefontaine already knows about.

5: He's lying in the hopes that people will respond by starting to plot and he can then point to that plot as the initial plot that he refers to here and dismiss any evidence that it began after this announcement as part of the plot.

There's also the possibility that Prefontaine is telling a half truth insofar as he does know that a plot exists, but he's not certain as to who, specifically, is involved or if the people he knows are involved are the extent of the plot and this is an attempt to flush out any additional plotters that he does not know about.

/tin foil hat

So I have a question for Prefontaine, assuming what you've said is true, why would you share your knowledge of it with the rest of us?

You're missing the most likely reason.

You're missing the most likely reason.

For which?  Telling us when it's true or telling us when it's not?

aUel2fG.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Doesn't matter either way.

Uh.  I thought I got the most likely reason, but okay.

aUel2fG.png