3/1/2015 - Credits

Alex

• Administrators

This is a rather small change to how donations are made to Politics & War.

Instead of making a donation for each thing you want (flags, bonuses, etc.) you can now purchase credits. A credit is $6 a piece, or cheaper in bulk ($33.50 for 6 of them). Credits can be spent on all the things you could donate before, nation bonuses, flags, portraits, and alliance pips.

There is now a 6 credit cap on how much your nation can receive in bonuses, which is essentially exactly the same cap that we had previously. All this change does is quantify donation into credits so that you can redeem them at your convenience (not at mine) and so that they're not automated. When you purchase credits, they should be automatically deposited into your account within 5 minutes or so.

I'd be happy to clear the air about any questions, but I do ask for your patience and cooperation as we transition to this automated system. Thanks.

• Upvote 2

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

This is a rather small change to how donations are made to Politics & War.

Instead of making a donation for each thing you want (flags, bonuses, etc.) you can now purchase credits. A credit is $6 a piece, or cheaper in bulk ($33.50 for 6 of them). Credits can be spent on all the things you could donate before, nation bonuses, flags, portraits, and alliance pips.

There is now a 6 credit cap on how much your nation can receive in bonuses, which is essentially exactly the same cap that we had previously. All this change does is quantify donation into credits so that you can redeem them at your convenience (not at mine) and so that they're not automated. When you purchase credits, they should be automatically deposited into your account within 5 minutes or so.

I'd be happy to clear the air about any questions, but I do ask for your patience and cooperation as we transition to this automated system. Thanks.

Does this / have you implemented this system to work with changing your leader name, nation name, and location?

The many forms of proof regarding Kastor's sexuality:

- Kastor: I already came out the closet.

- MaIone: I'm gay

* MaIone is now known as Kastor

- Henri: i'm a !@#$it

Skable: the !@#$ is a codo?

420kekscope.jpg

It used to be $5 per credit IIRC. I guess there is an increased demand in donations :)

It's a nice change. Many people had to wait ~20 hours to get their bonus for donating. Despite the more expensive rate, I welcome this change :)

☾☆

Priest of Dio

º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ GOD EMPEROR DIO BRANDO¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ DIO BRANDO GOD EMPEROR¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

I was wondering why there was a resource that named credit this makes things a bit easier now

• Upvote 1

(^。^)y-.。o○ (-。-)y-゜゜゜ this is how i make my cloud

http://i1371.photobucket.com/albums/ag291/petgangster/efb30519-f381-4330-a62b-11db0d2a058b_zpscilyk2rj.png

• Administrators

Does this / have you implemented this system to work with changing your leader name, nation name, and location?

I don't yet, but I will shortly.

It used to be $5 per credit IIRC. I guess there is an increased demand in donations :)

It's a nice change. Many people had to wait ~20 hours to get their bonus for donating. Despite the more expensive rate, I welcome this change :)

I increased the price by $1 because I'm hoping to create another server for an alternate version of P&W. A faster paced, monthly version or something. But a version like this wouldn't generate any donations, and so I thought a very slight increase in donations here could cover for the increase in costs.

• Upvote 2

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Ok, so one thing I'm not sure has been addressed. Getting of credits is automated, but have you automated the things that you can purchase with credits (flag upload, cash, etc)? If not, you should do that as well otherwise it eliminates what you were trying to do which is to make donating and receiving your reward efficient. People will still have to wait on you to process the request that they're spending the credit on.

duskhornexceptional.png.d9e24adf7f0945530780eee694428f27.png

He's right, I'm such a stinker. Play my exceptional game!

• Administrators

Ok, so one thing I'm not sure has been addressed. Getting of credits is automated, but have you automated the things that you can purchase with credits (flag upload, cash, etc)? If not, you should do that as well otherwise it eliminates what you were trying to do which is to make donating and receiving your reward efficient. People will still have to wait on you to process the request that they're spending the credit on.

Please see the donate page: https://politicsandwar.com/donate/

Forums Rules | Game Link

How many credits can a nation hold at once? 

Do we use the trade system to transfer them to other nations that would potentially buy them?

q8nfyvc.gif

• Administrators

Ah, so the money option is auto. Assuming the others will be soon then?

Correct, except for flags/pips will likely be manual.

How many credits can a nation hold at once? 

Do we use the trade system to transfer them to other nations that would potentially buy them?

You can hold up to 9,999, but I doubt anyone would have that many. And yes, I think I'd like to add them to the market eventually.

Where are coins redeemed?

On the same page you get them. https://politicsandwar.com/donate/

Is there a thread that shows us what bonuses do for a nation?

See: https://politicsandwar.com/donate/

• Upvote 1

Forums Rules | Game Link

The nation bonus is limited to 6 credits per nation per month, to prevent the game from becoming "pay-to-win".

i'm not sure you should point this out to people; seems unprofessional

The money should be applied automatically, unless the nation you are trying to apply to bonus to has already reached its cap for the month.

>you are trying to apply to bonus to

typo.

• Administrators

i'm not sure you should point this out to people; seems unprofessional

>you are trying to apply to bonus to

typo.

Thanks, I'll update it.

Forums Rules | Game Link

Another question, lol. Do you need Paypal or can I just use my card? (Ive never used paypal).

You can use visa, discover, AE, etc.

• Upvote 1

The many forms of proof regarding Kastor's sexuality:

- Kastor: I already came out the closet.

- MaIone: I'm gay

* MaIone is now known as Kastor

- Henri: i'm a !@#$it

Skable: the !@#$ is a codo?

420kekscope.jpg

Okay, sounds like a good thing.

If you can store them and, eventually, they are to on the market, does that mean they can be stolen in a war?

Edited to ask if an opponent would be able to see how many credits you have stored?

Edited by Kills With Fire

Alright, so something that came up while discussing with PB in IRC.

People can essentially hide their cash in credits. While of course they'll be spending more to get the credits from the sellers, the cash they then store is untouchable.

This should be addressed by adding the smallest of chances that a credit is lootable upon defeat.

duskhornexceptional.png.d9e24adf7f0945530780eee694428f27.png

He's right, I'm such a stinker. Play my exceptional game!

People can essentially hide their cash in credits. While of course they'll be spending more to get the credits from the sellers, the cash they then store is untouchable.

This should be addressed by adding the smallest of chances that a credit is lootable upon defeat.

I suggested that the chance be low, but possible upon sending a nation to beige.

Also, to be equally fair: Yes, hiding cash is entirely possible with credits. Assuming you can ever offload them, which depends entirely on the market. 

• Upvote 1

q8nfyvc.gif

• Administrators

Another question, lol. Do you need Paypal or can I just use my card? (Ive never used paypal).

You can make a PayPal account, which links a credit card or bank account to allow you to make purchases online. Or, you can simply pay through PayPal without ever creating an account or saving your information (you have to re-enter it every time).

Okay, sounds like a good thing.

If you can store them and, eventually, they are to on the market, does that mean they can be stolen in a war?

Edited to ask if an opponent would be able to see how many credits you have stored?

You can store them, trade them, but not steal them in wars. No one else can see how many you have unless they're logged into your nation (which I wouldn't recommend you let anyone else do, for your own national security).

We discussed this in IRC, and I maintain these points:

1) Nothing is possible now that wasn't possible before. Previously, if you had wanted, you could've sent someone $4,500,000 and asked them to make a Nation Bonus donated for $4,500,000 for your nation at a time of your choosing. This would've make the money "unlootable".

2) Even if you wanted to stockpile credits, you can't redeem more than 6 per month. That means that if you trade all of your money for 100 Credits, you can only cash in 6 of those per month.

3) Looking at example 2, you might say "well, I can just sell the credits when I want the money back". Just because they're tradeable on the market, doesn't mean that anyone will buy them necessarily. They're on the market so that someone who wants, say, a flag can potentially get that without ever having to pay any real life money. By hording credits, you're not hiding any money that already exists in the game, you're simply sitting on potential new money that is waiting to be put into the game.

• Upvote 1

Forums Rules | Game Link

oh, that's how the money is protected...I wish the money can be reversed back to credits  5 times of the original cost..

another question:

Should we introduce resources like

1) Plastics

2) Titanium

3) Minerals 

• Administrators

another question:

Should we introduce resources like

1) Plastics

2) Titanium

3) Minerals 

No.

• Upvote 4

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Jax locked this topic